collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Culture Swap brag thread  (Read 9329 times)

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
Re: Culture Swap brag thread
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2014, 10:09:14 AM »
All of the brags are so awesome :D And I can join in after finally getting the box from my brother~ Thank you so much tsukikakushi :hug:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The box was so lovely wrapped - I love the idea you had with using the maps. But i have to say one downer thing... The mug broke. Sadly it really did a lot of damage :( the small pieces tore through the wrapping and damaged the things that hadn't been wrapped too. Next time be sure to wrap it up, so even if something happens to it, the pieces won't cut through everything else :) Especially when it's an overseas trip - the packages are going through a lot then... Okay, time for pics!

I can't get over how pretty everything is and how many thing for reading I will have :heart: Thank you so much Tsuki, that made my day :D And was hidden in the cup was as awesome!

The broken mug :( It would be pretty too, I need to get one like that one day! But also, the cup! Oh, I love it so much, it's so perfect! Thank you for picking it up for me :D

As you can see, two types of wrapping had been used, so I tackled the map-wrapped ones first :D

(aren't the pictures magical? :inlove: )

And the goodies wrapped in the pony-wrapping paper :heart:

Look at the gorgeous ponies :inlove: Thank you so much Tsuki, you couldn't have picked better ones. Especially Tic Tac Toe and her baby made my day.

And how amazing is this backcard/box? Oh man, I was so hyped up when I had found it, it's awesome! I'm still squealing from joy about it.

And the first page of the awesome scrapbook Tsuki made me ( I love it and I'm currently going over it. I love the stories and the pictures and how you made it. Thank you so, so much! It's great!)

And a shot of everything together:

Thank you so much Tsuki, you sure did spoil me! :hug: I can't wait to learn more than from just quickly going through everything. Your region is so rich in history and so beautiful :heart: Thank you for being my swap partner :hug:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2014, 11:46:40 AM »
Those are beautiful photos Doedarling.

Wow, TSU that swap box is filled with so many lovely items, the ponies are beautiful and all those extras just make that box awesome, especially that Adirondack book with the stunning scenery. I'll bet the photo's in the scrapbook are equally as breathtaking :)

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2014, 12:35:50 PM »
Lady Satine; I'm glad you liked your box! 

I got into a bit of a hurry and didn't include as much notes as I wanted, but the seashells are off of Pensacola beach, picked up at the same time the photos of your ponies were taken.  :)  Also, the rainbow necklace I was trying to do Masquerade themed, since I knew she was your favorite.  :) 

Lochness; Therein lies my secret!  My girlfriend lives in the UK, and was able to get Sportstime and Baby Pictures for me.  The Honeycomb actually came from my collection.  The girlfriend had snagged a Honeycomb, too, but she has a small hair cut( It was impossible to really tell until I compared her to the other Honey's ) and her symbols weren't as nice as I wanted them to be.  So I sent Lady Satine one I picked up in the UK a few years ago when I was over.  :D  Don't worry, I bought two at the time, and the small hair cut one is still cute, so she will stay with me.  A little note on Honeycomb's, they do sunfade *very* easily, unlike her American sister, Surprise.  They have the same colors, but the vinyl is a completely different formula.  Just don't attempt a peroxide sunfade or her chartreuse hair will bleed.  I have two baity Honeycombs who came over with Satine's ponies that I will soon be prepping for work.  >D  I'm going to do an alt-Surprise with the one ( give her green hair like her artwork ), so that she won't get so yellowed in the future. 

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2014, 02:06:31 PM »
My box arrived today from the lovely Jennifer2004 :biggrin:

All of the awesome extras/cultural items

A close up of my fav extra

The ponies :newpony: They are all so gorgeous!

Everything all together (I was so incredibly spoiled rotten)

Thank you so much, I cannot believe how many awesome ponies you chose to include, my G1 collection just got tons bigger :yippee: All of the extras were awesome, I absolutely loved the shot glass (got a seapony displayed in it now), the bracelet is cute, the photo's of Disney were great especially since I have never been there before... My favourite extra that you included was the Florida bottle with sand and seashells. There are far too many awesome things about this box, I don't even know where to begin. SSLofty looks like she just came off her card, her flocking is immaculate, curls are perfect :) Baby Glory rehaired in USA colours is adorable, especially with her USA flag charm necklace. Bonnie Bonnets is gorgeous, much more breathtaking in person.

Thank you so much for such an awesome swap box :hug: :hug: :hug: you did an amazing job! I couldn't be happier with the amount of thought and time that you used to put everything together.

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »
I'm glad you liked your box Prismatic. I couldn't believe my luck when you said you liked both caramel and white cheddar popcorn. The dichotomy flavor is one of Campbell's signature flavors. I had a lot of fun putting the ponies' "vacation album" together. :biggrin:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2014, 07:03:16 PM »
OMG thse boxes must have taken forever to put together! They're all so very thoughtful :)
I always loved those little bottles with the shells in them...they're so kitschy! (In a cool way) and that baby Glory! That's funny...old Golry...American flag...HA! THIS Canadian finds that hilarious!! I love wordplay, and that's just perfect!

Offline wyndeboo

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2014, 06:50:08 AM »
more great boxes. the pic of the seahorse looks great.

Offline tsukikakushi

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2014, 10:02:48 AM »
Oh TSU, I'm so sorry the mug broke :( I'll have to see if I can find a replacement for you. That's what happens when I get all flustered & forget to wrap things... I'm glad everything else made it safely, & that you enjoyed it :) I had a lot of fun putting it together for you.

I'm loving all these brags! It's amazing how varied they can be even within the same country/region. I'll have to see if I can find the pictures I took, I may have deleted them from my camera.  :blush:
Wishlist:http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,350943.new.html#new

Currently looking for FF Minty. Let me know if you have her for sale!  :newpony:

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2014, 06:23:28 PM »
I love everyone's brags. Great swap :biggrin:
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2014, 01:30:55 PM »
Some really amazing boxes while we were away.  I'm also totally loving all the photos!  Remember to post them if you can and your partner has made their brag.  I'm so excited to see them all!

Here is my swap box from Lady Starflower!  She gave it to me at the fair!  So I opened it up at dinner with her and her hubby.  The photos aren't the best.

For example:

Super blurry photo of some Canadian fudge and a little puzzle.

A moose!  I love moose!  A pamphlet from a Canadian Brewery.  Some chocolate.  And a little activity pack.

Oh my god, you guise!  This skyflier is the mintiest pony I've seen since they were first released.  It is literally perfect in every way.  The symbols don't even have a fleck of glitter loss or any rust.  I am seriously STILL in shock 2 days later. 

Autumn Sky and Cherries Jubilee.  Autumn sky is very Canadian with her leaves. And CJ is also extremely minty.

A Canada Magnet and key chain.  Sunrise Song.  My first g3 uni that wasn't the super common Rarity or Sweetie Belle.  And an even more Canadian pony... Gusty!  Who had been reverse Gusty rehaired.

And finally...

Ketchup flavoured chips.  They were weird.  Kind of like salt and vinegar with a tomatoish tang.  In Australia we call ketchup, tomato sauce.  And we have tomato sauce flavoured chips in Australia, but they didn't taste like these do.

She also made me a lovely little book with the photos in it. It was very funny too. But I didn't take a photo for some reason.  I think I thought that LS would just post the pics in it, but that doesn't show the book now does it.  Stoopid me.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2014, 04:08:42 PM »
DoeDearDarling, wow... those photographs blew me away, they are so stunning!!  Maybe I won't mind so much if my husband gets the job in Finland after all. ;)

TinyShinyUnique, what a neat box you received from tsukikakushi.  Now she really understood the idea of a culture swap!  Look at all those brochures and pamphlets, and the scrapbook album looks AWESOME!!  And hey, you got a Baby Ribbs, too!  I love my new Baby Ribbs so much.  ^.^

Wow, MikeysGrrrl, you sure got a lot of nice ponies from Jennifer2004.  You're right about Bonnie Bonnets, she's definitely much prettier in person.  And that USA Baby Glory is so cool!

xeevee, I love the theming going on with your box from Lady Starflower.  Two maple leaf ponies, perfect!  And the rehair on Gusty is lovely. :heart:

Great brags, everyone!!  I just love this part of the swap.  ^.^

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2014, 05:59:24 PM »
*grabby hands for reverse Gusty rehair* she looks so incredible....

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2014, 06:23:56 PM »
Awesome brag xeevee, I had no idea that they didn't have ketchup chips in where you are :P Love those ponies, especially that reverse gusty rehair!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2014, 07:02:45 PM »
Apparently they are Canada only.  I had them out at the fair and everyone wanted to try them.

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »
Hahaha glad my chips were a hit. They are kinda weird, but I like them. Thanks guys I need to do a reverse Gusty rehair for myself now hahaha
It was sooo hard giving up that Skyflier lmao you're lucky I love ya ;)

Ok here's my brag from the wonderful Lochnessmomster. So worth the wait!!!

Here's some goodies all wrapped up:

Extras and info:

I loveee the post cards and stickers and well everything hahaha

More extras:

And I just love this Nessy magnet!!!

Had to take it on the fridge to get the full effect. Hubby thought it was pretty awesome too!

And the amazing ponies and accessories:

I couldn't believe it! My second Princess dragon...soooo amazing! And I've wanted that G3 (name escapes me right now) with the froggy for soooo long!! And I can't believe I got G2 Princess Starswirl's castle turret!! Now I just need her dragon! So amazing!!

Thank you soooo much Lochness I loveeee everything! I still have to chck out the disc and I can't wait!
:hug: thanks I love everything!! :frolic:
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal