collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Teddy Tank? What the...  (Read 5064 times)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Teddy Tank? What the...
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 10:13:38 AM »
That's an awesome idea---as a bank or holding space.

But not something real.

Fish need more room then this, as well as something to filter impurities out and put oxygen into their tank.

I don't forsee anything living for very long inside one of these.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 12:22:30 PM »
It's far too small and pets shouldn't be associated with toys.

I agree. I don't like the idea of the Teddy Tank being marketed as a fish tank when it seems you would want to teach children that taking care of a pet is a big responsibility and it's a living thing that can die if you don't take care of it properly.  I saw something on TV called My Fun Fish tank. It looks even smaller. than the Teddy Tank. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecQmDiZFzQ8

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 01:29:16 PM »
I dunno why they didn't just market it as a bank, "Feed the bear money and watch your savings grow".
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 01:35:53 PM »
Wow I just saw this commercial yesterday -  I honestly thought it was a spoof at first.  It makes me sick just thinking about ...

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 06:11:02 PM »
If the toy's head covers the top of the bowl, how is the water supposed to have enough air for the fish to breath?  :shocked:

In addition to seeming ridiculously mean to the poor fish who will be put in them, it seems like the stuffed animal would get nasty and wet and start to smell awful in short order.  Thankfully, I don't think these will catch on...  I hope.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 06:49:06 PM »
I saw those on tv. Made me go "WTH!!!" right away. I've never owned a fish and I don't know how to properly care for a fish, but even I can see that it is a VERY BAD idea.

However, I am curious as to how it is built. Does the head come off? I would think it would have to. How else would you get the fish in? Shove it in the bear's mouth? And what about cleaning the tank? Are you supposed to stick some kind of cleaning brush down the bear's throat?

I do like the seapony display idea!

sailorstitch

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »
Oy, that's disturbing for all the reasons you all stated. The piggy bank idea is good though, or feeding it toys for storage.

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 06:56:01 AM »
Even Hulalei, who is 11, was shocked and horrified by this! The worst thing would be the kid trying to carry around their teddy tank with the fish inside! My Gennybean is 8 and also noticed the ad for the My Fun Fish tank and said it was too small for most fish! (But I like the idea of a hoover attachment for tanks similar to the one shown.)

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2014, 07:05:55 AM »
This is crazy stupid.  It's not big enough for any fish!! Betta's should not be kept in tiny tanks that is a misconception.

The poor fish being carried around and thrown by a child will surely shock them to death.  And children loose things!  People forget to take care of their fish to begin with so put it inside a stuffed animal because that sounds humane!!

Who in the world submitted this idea and what group of morons go wow this is a great idea!!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2014, 10:51:02 AM »
However, I am curious as to how it is built. Does the head come off? I would think it would have to. How else would you get the fish in? Shove it in the bear's mouth? And what about cleaning the tank? Are you supposed to stick some kind of cleaning brush down the bear's throat?

sailorstitch

I found this video from the company that shows how you are supposed to set it up to get the fish inside the stuffed animal.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZVN29JdBXs

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:53:48 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2014, 10:31:35 PM »

sailorstitch

I found this video from the company that shows how you are supposed to set it up to get the fish inside the stuffed animal.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZVN29JdBXs

Ponyfan

Whoever thought this was a good idea is insane.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2014, 11:30:09 PM »

sailorstitch

Ponyfan

OMG. The electronics are literally located right above the tank? Cuz that's safe. This is the most ridiculous stuffed animal I've seen.

Offline Ackryllis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 05:35:51 AM »
No! No! No!
There's just so many things wrong with this. Like the round fish bowl is one of the cruelest things you can do to your fish. It's too small. Even in bigger tanks you need sight breakers to create an illusion of much larger space. In such small tank the fish feels claustrophobic and gets stressed. And the roundness will eventually make the fish dizzy and later on depressed and grazy. I would only grow baby fish and grabs in a tank that size. And even then it wouldn't be roud and it would have sand bottom and nice collection of plants to provide food and shelter. Not to say that it would need daily change of water and an airer.
And the fish shown need atleast 60 litres if I remember right. Goldfish even more as they will grow massive and fast.
And I'm not sure if that light is the right type for a fish tank.

Hopefully noone will get one as a fishtank as it would be a death sentence to those fish.

But I like the idea of having it for containing stuff. Candyfrog was funny.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2014, 06:55:08 AM »

Ponyfan

Thanks for the link! Did you read the comments? I guess people have been complaining.

sailorstitch

Offline WhispersOfTheWind

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2014, 08:49:36 AM »
i like how their only concern is that you need to leave the LED light off some times for the fish to sleep  >_<
:lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal