collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Pony Inventory  (Read 570 times)

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
My Pony Inventory
« on: June 16, 2014, 09:10:37 PM »
I just wanted to share a couple of pictures of the spreadsheet I'm working on to get an inventory of my ponies, accessories, etc. I've downloaded the app onto my iPad so that I can access it on the go.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My Pony Inventory
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 09:45:03 PM »
What a great idea! You are so organized - I'm super impressed!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:23:29 PM »
That looks a lot smarter than my one!! Nice work  :)

Offline summerday

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 08:48:42 AM »
Right now, it's saved as a Numbers file, but I think I can save it as an Excel file. I'm willing to share if anybody is interested.

The only issue I have so far is I haven't figured out how to do I internal or external hyperlinks. I wanted to store pictures on other sheets and have a clickable link that would send me right to my picture.

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
That looks great! I'm so unorganised with my pony collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 12:13:10 PM »
i wouldnt mind a  copy of this.. lol i need to be more orginized with mine as well  what app are you  using?

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 03:12:57 PM »
I have a little organisation spreadsheet too, with different tabs.. this main page is up alot on my computer... green is I have it, orange is on the way or purchased.. My husband the cheeky thing added an extra Tropical pony when I wasn't around!

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 03:53:19 PM »
You've inspired me to make my own inventory spreadsheet! :P It's not as detailed (my collection's still small, so I'm happy with the name of the pony, the kind of release it is, and an extra column for notes if necessary, like "Has a haircut" and "Present from friend") but it's certainly helping me keep tabs on my collection. I do love being able to sort data!

I play a trading card game that has a large following, and there's a database online that lets me keep track of my personal collection, which is good, because I own over 2000 cards. All I have to do is type the start of the name of the card into the search bar, select the one I have from a list, and edit individual details about it from there. It's a fantastic system and I've often wished there were something similar available for ponies.
:fox:

Offline summerday

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 04:10:46 PM »
Thanks, guys! It's still a work in progress, but I love how easy it is to work with.

i wouldnt mind a  copy of this.. lol i need to be more orginized with mine as well  what app are you  using?

I have a Mac and downloaded Numbers. It was way cheaper than any Microsoft products. And there are versions for the iPhone and iPad, too. I'm hoping it will help my shopping at the Fair. Of course, that could be a big problem for my wallet!

As soon as I can, I'll see about uploading copies here. Do you think if would be best to clear things out, but include some example for each tab?

You've inspired me to make my own inventory spreadsheet! :P It's not as detailed (my collection's still small, so I'm happy with the name of the pony, the kind of release it is, and an extra column for notes if necessary, like "Has a haircut" and "Present from friend") but it's certainly helping me keep tabs on my collection. I do love being able to sort data!

I play a trading card game that has a large following, and there's a database online that lets me keep track of my personal collection, which is good, because I own over 2000 cards. All I have to do is type the start of the name of the card into the search bar, select the one I have from a list, and edit individual details about it from there. It's a fantastic system and I've often wished there were something similar available for ponies.

I like organization, but I struggle with it. I also love being able to sort and filter to find things quickly. I might take your trading card idea and add some tabs for the ones I have. (Added to To-Do list)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:13:19 PM by summerday »

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 04:15:38 PM »
I would love it for excel if you were able to. I am afraid I do not own anything apple related.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 04:24:07 PM »
Right now, it's saved as a Numbers file, but I think I can save it as an Excel file. I'm willing to share if anybody is interested.

The only issue I have so far is I haven't figured out how to do I internal or external hyperlinks. I wanted to store pictures on other sheets and have a clickable link that would send me right to my picture.

Well, since Ponydex went down, I've been really wanting to keep some kind of inventory of my collection...I already have a spreadsheet of recent purchases that I try to keep up-to-date, but it doesn't include my older ponies.

If you're able to convert your spreadsheet into an Excel file and share it on Google Docs or something, I would love to use it! ^.^ Thanks for sharing!

I would love it for excel if you were able to. I am afraid I do not own anything apple related.

^ This! :P

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline summerday

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 08:59:08 PM »
Ok, please bear with me as I've never done sharing with Google Docs before.

I created two versions depending on what version of Excel you have.

XLS version

XLSX version

I see that some of the features aren't working in Excel, so I'll have to think about what to do. But, it's at least a starting point. I've left all of my info in as an example. I can also do a blank copy. Anyway, give me a bit to figure out how to get the radio buttons and drop down selections to work.

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
I have a question. I've started making my own spreadsheet, by year then pony type (like squishy turdl has).

I'm using the My Little Wiki G1 Ponies page to get the info (http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G1_Ponies). So, I get to year 2 and notice for example, Minty isn't listed as a concave foot. I go find her page and notice it does mention the concave foot version, but no year of release. So, where would she (and concave Snuzzle and Butterscotch) fit in?

Now I'm worried there are other releases I'll miss putting on, unless I go through and click on EVERY pony's individual page. Which I think would be overwhelming. I'm not looking to list all the nirvanas or Euro/UK releases, but I def want all the US releases listed. Help?

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 09:25:32 PM »
Ok, please bear with me as I've never done sharing with Google Docs before.

I created two versions depending on what version of Excel you have.

XLS version

XLSX version

I see that some of the features aren't working in Excel, so I'll have to think about what to do. But, it's at least a starting point. I've left all of my info in as an example. I can also do a blank copy. Anyway, give me a bit to figure out how to get the radio buttons and drop down selections to work.

Awesome! That saves me having to make a spreadsheet from scratch. ^.^ I guess I'll just have to start plugging in all of my own ponies now!

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 03:41:54 AM »
Gosh I need to do something like that, I don't know what all ponies that I have anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal