collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Pony Inventory  (Read 569 times)

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: My Pony Inventory
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 07:13:18 AM »
Ooo thank you for this!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 10:07:22 AM »
I'm going to try to get on the PC and work with it there, if I have a full version of Excel. Otherwise, maybe I could work with somebody else to get it working like the original.

Glad y'all like it! I've always been one who tries to keep my stuff grouped how it originally came. Though, it makes my wonder why I didn't keep the accessories to my two Flutters I kept. :lol:

I have a question. I've started making my own spreadsheet, by year then pony type (like squishy turdl has).

I'm using the My Little Wiki G1 Ponies page to get the info (http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G1_Ponies). So, I get to year 2 and notice for example, Minty isn't listed as a concave foot. I go find her page and notice it does mention the concave foot version, but no year of release. So, where would she (and concave Snuzzle and Butterscotch) fit in?

Now I'm worried there are other releases I'll miss putting on, unless I go through and click on EVERY pony's individual page. Which I think would be overwhelming. I'm not looking to list all the nirvanas or Euro/UK releases, but I def want all the US releases listed. Help?

Shadowlark, perhaps you have a mail order version. I've been trying to decipher some of mine, too, particularly Cotton Candy. Summer Hayes' inventory books are great for these kinds of issues. I also recommend http://strawberryreef.com.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:10:58 AM by summerday »

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 03:28:17 PM »
I'm going to try to get on the PC and work with it there, if I have a full version of Excel. Otherwise, maybe I could work with somebody else to get it working like the original.

Glad y'all like it! I've always been one who tries to keep my stuff grouped how it originally came. Though, it makes my wonder why I didn't keep the accessories to my two Flutters I kept. :lol:

I have a question. I've started making my own spreadsheet, by year then pony type (like squishy turdl has).

I'm using the My Little Wiki G1 Ponies page to get the info (http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G1_Ponies). So, I get to year 2 and notice for example, Minty isn't listed as a concave foot. I go find her page and notice it does mention the concave foot version, but no year of release. So, where would she (and concave Snuzzle and Butterscotch) fit in?

Now I'm worried there are other releases I'll miss putting on, unless I go through and click on EVERY pony's individual page. Which I think would be overwhelming. I'm not looking to list all the nirvanas or Euro/UK releases, but I def want all the US releases listed. Help?

Shadowlark, perhaps you have a mail order version. I've been trying to decipher some of mine, too, particularly Cotton Candy. Summer Hayes' inventory books are great for these kinds of issues. I also recommend http://strawberryreef.com.

Ugh it's so confusing! LOL I had always just assumed that they released the 6 flat foots, then re-released them as concaves the following year. Apparently not! I tried doing a search for Minty's name on the main wiki page but nothing came up for mailorder. I'll check out strawberryreef and hopefully that will help unmuddle everything! Thanks!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 03:31:05 PM »
Great lists! Having a spreadsheet like this with all the releases has always been super helpful I have found.

Those girls would go in with your CF Cotton Candy and CF Bluebell and CF Blossom - they were all released together at the same time.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline summerday

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »
Thanks, Cat!

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 06:34:03 PM »
Thanks! I'll add them in to what I've got so far!

Offline JessicaAFM

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ponies
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 07:30:11 PM »
Re G1s They dont show it on the wiki but yes she was released in year two as a cf single. I know this because I started collecting ponies when they came out. I'm old that way ;) All the original six ff from 1982 were released in 1983 with cf. I have some in ff and some in cf. 

Great job on the database. Right now I just use my flickr as a reference for what I have but it doesnt work very well sometimes since they are in the order of when I took the pic. I ended up overpaying for a toy lot because it had a Toolaroola I thought I needed but didnt :/ Good thing I like her lol

~Jessica~
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:44:15 PM by JessicaAFM »
~Jessica~ My Ponies

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to sd_dreamcrystal for my adoptable.

Offline summerday

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 07:53:26 PM »
So, I only have Excel Starter on my PC.  :huh: It doesn't have much functionality, unfortunately. So, where it says TRUE or FALSE, I had a box I could check if I had that pony, or it was complete or I had tagged it. That's the main thing that's missing on the Excel version. My suggestion is to leave it blank and use a letter or other character, such as a check, to indicate whether you have that. I guess the drop down function isn't too big of a deal. It's not horrible having to manually enter the dates or other text. Finally, filtering is fairly simple in Excel. I can help anybody who needs to know more about that. Anyway, I'm glad that you guys are finding it helpful. Let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas. :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal