collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First/most appreciated pony you bought on ebay?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline RustyGusty

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
First/most appreciated pony you bought on ebay?
« on: June 13, 2014, 06:45:24 AM »
Any ponies you always wished for and never got or found in stores, but then when you grew up you finally bought them on ebay?

I always wanted Flutter ponies, but not a single one was ever available anywhere near my town or anywhere else I went. I did get several summer wing ponies though. Even today I'd love to have just one Flutter pony. But I can't afford it at the moment.

Other ponies that are still on my want list is a so-soft pony, which also was never available in my area, nor anywhere in my country I believe. And oh the twinkle-eyed ponies, I'd love to see one up close. And those Bushwoolies would have been alot more fun than the differently colored dragons that never appear in the cartoon.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: First/most appreciated pony you bought on ebay?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 08:33:46 AM »
OMgosh, you;ve never seen a TE up close?  :shocked: They're so lovely. One forgets that even though there are Euro exclusives that we in the US whine about not having, there is a whole host of ponies that seem common to us that are not to you over there! I can't actually respond to your question though, not having grown up in the MLP generation. (Late bloomer, here. Heh)

Offline RustyGusty

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 08:50:42 AM »
Yeah I guess Hasbro thought it was a good idea to release some ponies in the US and some different ones in Europe. But even the ones that weren't released here in Europe, were still advertised in the little catalogs that came along with the ponies, and they appeared in the cartoons. Would be nice to see what twinkle-eyed ponies' eyes are actually made of.

I see you have quite a few ponies on your sales list, now I know where to check once I'm ready to make some pony purchases. :)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 09:01:48 AM »
Wow, it's been over a decade since I bought on ebay. I got about 30 (more common) ponies from there. I can honestly say that none of the ones that I bought there were anything super special to me. (Ones I've got from the arena have been much cooler! lol) As a kiddo in the 80's I don't remember pining for or desperately wanting any specific pony; I got what my parents bought me. We were spoiled in the US; ponies were rather abundant. :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 12:16:03 PM »
I think it was Up Up and Away. That was back when I still thought I was going to rebuild my childhood collection and that's it!  :lol: So naive...

Anyway, Up Up and Away was one of the ponies I missed the most. Then I saw her for sale alongside Dancing Butterflies. DB was never in my childhood collection, but darn if she wasn't one of the prettiest ponies I'd ever seen! And I thought, well, I'm sure one extra pony wouldn't hurt! :P
I'll put something here some time

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »
I recently snagged one of my childhood grails on ebay: G2 Copper Glow.  :) I'm still hunting for Princess Silver Swirl though.
I also remember staying up until 2.30 in the morning specifically to win TE Bright Eyes. She'd been at the top of my wishlist for months, I was so chuffed. It was the same when I finally won Gypsy, she'd eluded me so many times that I thought I'd never find her.
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

svetilda

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 03:04:50 PM »
Surprise and baby Surprise. They were first MLP I bought for DD last December and they started her collection (and mine obsession).

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »
I didn't even realize she existed, but the 10 year anniversary bride pony. She was pretty and white and I must have been so overly excited to have won her that I received her via priority mail (which, back then was only $3.20!)

as for most loved? hmm. I don't know. I did go a little crazy in the beginning trying to get ponies but I had to cool my jets and just find the ones in person. at the time I lived in MN so it was ok, there seemed to be flea markets and ponies a-plenty!
I did manage (somehow) to pick up some G1 and G3 ponies last summer and just recently I found a couple more. I know there was a flutter or two among them. I don't have them listed right now though as I still need to clean them up. It's been a busy summer,fall, winter and spring...
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline RustyGusty

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
I think it was Up Up and Away. That was back when I still thought I was going to rebuild my childhood collection and that's it!  :lol: So naive...

Anyway, Up Up and Away was one of the ponies I missed the most. Then I saw her for sale alongside Dancing Butterflies.

Wow, you must have had a big or rare collection back then. Yeah I agree Dancing Butterflies would be nice to have.

Surprise and baby Surprise. They were first MLP I bought for DD last December and they started her collection (and mine obsession).

Love that neon yellow hair. Mine has quite overcombed hair though. And infact I sometimes get the feeling that certain G1 ponies has more of a tendancy of bad hair than others, like Lickety Split for example.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 06:07:46 PM »
My G1 Milky Way!  :lovey:  I had always kind of wanted a G1 pony, but I was pretty content with my G3s and G4s and wasn't actively shopping for one.  Milky Way came up on a generic "My Little Pony" search on eBay, and I instantly knew that she was "my" pony!  That sounds kind of weird, but somehow I knew that she belonged in my collection.  I was terrified that I would get outbid (I don't think I left the auction page for the last hour of it!), but I got her in the end.  She is far from perfect, but I just love her!  She started my G1 collection, so now she has a nice little herd of G1 ponies (which is expanding).  So she is very special to me.  Actually, she was my first eBay pony.  All of the others until her had been bought new in the store.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 07:38:43 PM »
I always wanted Dancing butterflies. I had a colouring book with her in, and I fell in love. I've never seen that colouring book again though - but I finally got DB last year. As for my first ebay buy - gosh... I think it was... Sweet Stuff and Firefly!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 08:49:40 PM »
I started collecting last year after rescuing my 30 or so childhood G1s from my parents'. Once they were cleaned up and I decided I needed more, I started out on ebay.  I didn't have any particular pony in mind as I didn't really know who I was missing. Then I saw her. Nightglider. She was just stunningly beautiful. I had to have her! I've got over 100 ponies now, and she's still one of my favorites!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 10:02:03 PM »
One of my first eBay purchases back in 1998 was a pony I had wanted desperately for years but never even seen in person--BUBBLES. I was so excited when she came. She did not disappoint. I still look at her and can't believe she's mine--and it's been sixteen years!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline wyndeboo

• Trade Count: (+85)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »
i always wanted nightlight and finally got her off ebay

Offline ickykitana

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 12:41:10 AM »
I cant really remember its been that long

As im in the UK i was over joyed at realising I could buy the ponies that used to be in the comics (Firefly, Moondancer set and the American rainbow ponies etc)

Minty was a long term need My friend at school had her and I missed out Bought one of Ebay was so excited till I found out she was a Macau variant

So for me probably the American rainbow set

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal