collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you own/rent your house?

Yes
51 (75%)
No
1 (1.5%)
Don't pay rent
6 (8.8%)
Other arrangement
10 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: POLL: Do you own/rent your house?  (Read 2717 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
POLL: Do you own/rent your house?
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:50:33 PM »
Just wondering how the "environment" and living space affects anyone else's collecting - do you have proper space for your collection/s?  A whole room?  A box? 

What would you change if you don't like it the way it is?

I will answer in a bit but will let others go first!  :D
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Do you own/rent your house?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:53:08 PM »
I assume apartment renters can also count?  My collection isn't terribly large and I live by myself so they don't take up much space.  They fit nicely into a small media shelf. Though it was an issue in previous living situations that involved less room and far more ponies.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 12:55:09 AM »
I live with my boyfriend who is a homeowner.  His name's on the paperwork, but I do pay some of the mortgage.  I am currently working on clearing the small box room which will soon be my pony room. My collection is currently displayed in cabinets in the lounge whilst our DVD and CD collection is all in boxes stashed under tables and things  :lol:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 01:03:44 AM »
i rent from my mom.
most of my ponies are in the secret stables behind my desk, the few ponies i have displayed are mostly customs.
i have them on shelves on my wall.

though my blossom army is growing too large.... he needs a bigger shelf. soon as i have cash i'm off to ikea! until then i make do with what i got.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 01:14:10 AM »
I moved out and started renting with a friend almost exactly a year ago. It's been great! My collection currently resides on the mantelpiece above the fireplace/electric heater in the lounge room, where everybody hangs out. It's a three bedroom house in a fairly average suburb, and we have three chooks and a cat.
:fox:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 01:30:23 AM »
My mum owns our house, I say 'ours' as she has told me it is mine to live in too for as long as I want/need. She's hoping I find a man in my late twenties and move out. The housing market in the UK is too expensive for first time buyers now to just buy a house. :sigh:

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 05:00:36 AM »
I started collecting when I lived in the dorms in college, which I suppose counts as renting.  There, I had a metal closet door for my G3s and a shelf above my desk for my G1s.

After freshman year, I moved into the place that my dad had bought for my brother and I to live in while we were in college.  I'm not sure if that counted as renting, as I didn't pay rent.  There is a small chance that I could have managed a formal pony room there, as it was five bedrooms, and the most people ever living there at one time was four, but I was content with just lining one wall of my room with shelves for my ponies.  By the end of my college career, that "one wall" had leaked a bit onto my regular bookshelves and back onto my desk.  I think this is around the time when I started my "restore", "bait" and "sale barn" bins.

I got married the summer after college and my husband moved me to Texas, where we rented a huge house from some of his friends.  There, I had a pretty glorious pony room that I still miss today.  My husband and I have a goal to always live in a house that has enough rooms for us each to have our own "play" rooms - one for him for all of his gaming/computer stuff, one for me for my ponies/office stuff - so my pony room always has my desk and some bookshelves in it.  Anyway, this room was big and open and had enough room for my shelves to not seem cramped in there.  I loved it. 

About eight months later, though, we had to move to Florida, where we bought our own house, and I had access to another pretty large room for my ponies, but since we had downsized square footage, we had to put some of the furniture in "my" room which ate up floor space for shelves.  That's when my collection moved into the closet (it spanned the entire length of one wall) and, consequently, when I had a lull in my collecting.  I think it's because I kept the doors of the closet shut most of the time because they were the folding kind that stuck out and in the way of the room if I left them open and not seeing my ponies regularly made them further from my mind :(

Moving to Missouri, we downsized square footage AGAIN but also bought our place - we traded space inside for space outside so that we could keep our horses on our property.  I still have a room dedicated to my ponies, and they're (mostly) all on shelves, but it is CRAMPED in there.  This room is tiny, like 8x12 or something and my shelves take up most of it, floor to ceiling.

So I guess my answer is, no.  It doesn't seem to matter what living condition I'm in.  I tend to make room for my ponies, regardless.  I suppose if we got to the point where we had to live in a one bedroom arrangement, I'd likely box up the majority of the collection to store under the bed or something and just keep a few favorites on display somewhere, but as it is right now, my ponies seem to be pretty liquid.  They tend to fill whatever space I let them into ;)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 05:56:30 AM »
We are in an apartment area my MIL owns for the moment. My collection stays in our bedroom mostly.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 06:43:25 AM »
I rent a small apartment, my G4 collection is here with me and a few common G1 and G3.
The majority of my collection is in my parents' house in Germany in my old childhood bedroom (which I live in maybe 2 months of the year).

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 07:21:27 AM »
I have my own office but since it has slanted ceilings and I have other collections, my ponies are spread over an entire bookshelf and another shelf, a tub and a big box full too (plus a tub of baits)...  Would love to have space to display them all but will never happen in our current house.  I want all my crazy (as I fondly call it) contained in the one room. 

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 07:28:43 AM »
My boyfriend and I are currently renting an apartment.  We're planning to move into a larger place this summer, perhaps a house, but we're not quite ready to look into buying a home yet.  Our current apartment is quite small, less than 800 square feet, so I don't have a lot of space for my collection.  Most of my ponies currently reside in a Sterilite Storage Cart from Target to keep them safe from the ravages of sunlight and the cat. 

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 08:02:46 AM »
I own my home with my husband.  I have a dedicated craft room with a sewing table and a workbench to do my crafting, painting, jewelry making, etc etc.  My hobbies are very important to me.  So since I sort of dominate that space, it has also become my pony room.  At the moment, most of my ponies are in the closet of the same room.  I'm hesistant to display them, only because I'm afraid of them getting out of control and covering an entire wall.  Visitors don't always have the same appreciation of pony armies.

:whoa:

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 08:23:44 AM »
I live in my parent's home, which they own. They finished paying for it years ago.

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 11:30:03 AM »
I chose "I don't pay rent" since I live in a house with my family. I'm lucky that I live in a town with good university so I didn't have to move and since I don't have a job, I don't have to contribute to pay the bills etc. I do hope that I'll find a job short after when I graduate and rent an apartment for myself (or even better, live with a friend).

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 03:18:04 PM »
We own our own home. I have a pony room that I share w/my husbands legos and matchbox cars.
I hope someday we can get our basement fixed up decent so I can move the ponies down there and take up even more space!!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal