collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you own/rent your house?

Yes
51 (75%)
No
1 (1.5%)
Don't pay rent
6 (8.8%)
Other arrangement
10 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: POLL: Do you own/rent your house?  (Read 2716 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: POLL: Do you own/rent your house?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 03:32:06 PM »
We're currently working on buying the townhouse that we're renting. And the 3rd bedroom is the pony room. It's pretty full, but that also includes a craft desk and my supplies. Once things are settled and we've done the renos we want (new carpet, paint, etc) in there, then I'll look into getting shelves in some of the awkwardly shaped spots, which should help.

Before here, most were stored in boxes or tubs, with a few on the bookshelves. At our last place they were all stored in the extra bedroom, but there was no display furniture. Here we have more closest and storage, so the things we were using for other storage can be used for ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 06:56:39 PM »
I bought my home and still paying on it. I bought it back in 2005 when I was 20. Still working on the basement and hope to have a pony room. Will have a fourth bedroom and there is only three of use living in the house. We don't have a lot of things in our house so I have room for a collection in it. Ponies are the only thing that I buy a lot of. I a not a big buyer of things. I hate shopping!

I do have a few curio cabinets for them that I found off of Craigslist least year! :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:59:54 PM by avene1984 »

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 08:50:33 PM »
I own my (mobile) home but I rent the land underneath it XD
I have one extra room that is the BOOK ROOM because my hubby and I collect books. Our bedroom is the pony room, but the FiM ponies started up in the dining room area when those began being released because the bedroom was full! We don't have a huge house but it's enough for the two of us and our collections. We would like to buy our own land someday. Our home isn't really easily moveable so we'd buy a new one to go on the property. If we ever save up that kind of money. XD Having lived in a modular home for over 4 years now, I can safely say that I love it! It's easy living, no high rent or property taxes to pay. Our home is high-quality and hasn't had any problems (it's over 20 years old, too).

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 09:10:31 PM »
We just moved into the place we own. The move came about when the mortgage dropped to less than $600 and we were paying near $1k in rent for a place with a barely working dishwasher, crappy closets, and very loud neighbors. We're very happy to have moved back into our own place again. I got rid of a good chunk of my ponies, including playsets, but I'm very happy with what I kept. I got rid of at least two closets full of belongings too because we're in a loft space - 900 sq.

As for my collections...

Books..I got rid of a bunch taking them to Half Price or Goodwill. I kept my fairy tale ones, the BSC ones, and anything that means a lot or is a writing reference.
Ponies..... we packed them all up but they're going to be displayed on floating shelves all in the hall.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:16:57 PM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 11:02:24 AM »
My boyfriend and I are renting our apartment. My collection is on shelves in the bedroom.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 12:25:10 PM »
We own.  When we were house hunting I stipulated that I needed a room for my ponies so that my husband didn't have to share with them.  Since we don't have kids, we have our master bedroom, the pony room bedroom, his man room which we use for guests also (fold out couch), plus an add-on attic room I use for my office.  The spare bathroom is used to clean ponies downstairs, and I use the half-bath in my office for customs (rinsing paintbrushes & the like). 

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 03:06:38 AM »
i have a house in wales i rent so i can live in aylesbury with my OH but when i get a job i will sell the house and buy down here my ponies are in storage boxes right now (no shelving !) xaflame

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 03:17:28 PM »
Living with my friend and his family in a house that they own. My collections are in a cabinet in my room so it's a little crowded in there. Since my room is small, everything is going to have to spill onto other surfaces since I cannot fit any other furniture in it.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:19:08 PM by Sprinkles »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 04:16:49 PM »
I rent a one bed room apartment. It's cheap,utilities and cable included. Nothing fancy, in fact the apRtments use to be a hotel in early 1940s.

As for my stuff it gets roated because space is limited. Ponies get changed out for books as needed. Right now their all packed up while I wait to get a new book case.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 05:38:22 PM »
My husband and I rent a 3-bedroom house, complete with a 2-car garage.  But we do have four kids, (2 in each extra bedroom), so I don't have a dedicated room to my collection.  And I'm not fond of having my ponies out in the dining room or anything like that.  So the vast majority of my 900+ ponies and G1 and G3 playsets are in storage in our garage.  In fact the majority of stuff in our garage is my collection.

I do have a small hanging shabby chic-type curio cabinet in our bedroom for a few special ponies.

I would love to have a pony room, but if we continue to live in this area, that is highly doubtful until our kids are grown and move out.  Real estate is just so expensive here (if we were to buy the house we rent, it would easily be over $1M, and it's a standard ranch style house that was built in the 60s).

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »
My husband and I rent a 3-bedroom house, complete with a 2-car garage.  But we do have four kids, (2 in each extra bedroom), so I don't have a dedicated room to my collection.  And I'm not fond of having my ponies out in the dining room or anything like that.  So the vast majority of my 900+ ponies and G1 and G3 playsets are in storage in our garage.  In fact the majority of stuff in our garage is my collection.

I do have a small hanging shabby chic-type curio cabinet in our bedroom for a few special ponies.

I would love to have a pony room, but if we continue to live in this area, that is highly doubtful until our kids are grown and move out.  Real estate is just so expensive here (if we were to buy the house we rent, it would easily be over $1M, and it's a standard ranch style house that was built in the 60s).

WOW! Houses sure are a lot were you live, but they are a lot more every were I guess. I live in a very very small town in SD. My house when I bought it was under 900 sqft. We have added another room and bathroom to it. Not sure what is it now though? Still have to finish the basement. I have four bedrooms total and two full baths. I paid $62,000 for my 5 year old house! Yes there might not be a lot of things to do here but I still love it.
Sorry to hear that you don't have a pony room either :(

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 10:11:53 AM »
I rent a two bedroom flat with my husband and our 5yo, so no pony room! My ponies are kept on a bookcase. I recently had a big downsize but not because of space, I just decided I didn't want so many.

House prices where I live are pretty high. There is a flat like mine in my block and it's up for 255,000GBP, I'd want something a lot bigger for that kind of money.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 07:08:11 PM »
I just got a house and my room is fairly big, and I have a good sized closet as well.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 07:13:54 PM »
Love reading about all of your places :)

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 08:34:44 AM »
we bought our house last year :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal