collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Southeast Pony Meet 2014! (Georgia, US Sept. 20th) -2 weeks!-  (Read 7049 times)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello all my lovely fellow pony enthusiasts! I am proud to announce the fourth year of the Southeast Pony Meet! It gets better and better with each passing year and I have no doubts it will experience the same growth this year! It's so hard to believe it has already been so long since our first meet in 2011! I hope to see new people as well as good friends! ^.^ Do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have :)

DATE

I have picked September 20th as the date for the meet this year! If a large amount of people cannot attend this day I will hold a vote to change it. The meet usually lasts from early noon to around 6 or 7 in the afternoon.

WHERE

The meet will be held in the same clubhouse it has been in for the past years! It is located in Lawrenceville, Georgia which is about 30 minutes from Atlanta. There are plenty of tables for people to set their goodies and chairs for everyone to sit in. My house is right across the street and I am more than happy to have anyone stay the night if they would prefer not to drive home in the same day. Our doors are always open and we have plenty of sleep spaces.  :biggrin:

HOW IT WORKS

I will be paying for the venue myself, out of pocket, however this means I cannot provide raffle prizes or any other goodies. This part will be up to you guys! I can work with whatever anyone may bring and I think it will be much easier this way!

When time gets closer I will be taking RSVPs and please, I BEG, if you RSVP please be certain that you can go, especially if you reserve any tables! Walk ins are more than welcome as well, but I cannot guarantee we will be able to get food for you. However, there are plenty of fast food places and other restaurants around if we can't!

SCHEDULE

This is a loose schedule just to help me keep track :) It is in no way rigid!

9am-10am: Set up
9:30am: Suggested time you arrive if you have a table to set up
10:30am: Doors open!
10:30am-11:15am: Meet and Greet
11:15am-5:30pm: Selling/Buying/Trading!
1pm: Lunch
5:30pm-6:15pm: Guess the Ponies in the Jar and Raffles
6:15pm-7pm: Clean up
7:45pm-9pm: After Dinner
9:30pm-12pm: Sleepover!

HOW TO RSVP
I am now taking RSVPs!
RSVPing is simple! Simply email the provided form to me with your name and Arena name included in the Subject Line along with "RSVP"(*'s mark optional). RSVPs will end September 12th!
Spoiler

Name:
*Arena Name:
*Number of other people coming with you: #Adults # Children
*Table Reservation(1-2 is the most commonly reserved #): #
Bringing: Snacks, drinks, prize donations, crafts, forks, spoons, etc.
Will you be eating food with us?
Will you be joining us for the sleepover Saturday night?

My email is [email protected]

Received
MonstarNomNom
apanda0622 + 2 adults
Vertefae + 1 child
kcherry + 3
Eternia
Iris Patch
ringwraith10 +1
Radiance
CapnChan
MiRaja + 1
Brightglowpony
keikokukien

ACTIVITIES

Activities this year will be decided as time goes on!

Confirmed Activities

• Sleepover
    Join us for fun games, show watching, drinks, and all around good time Saturday night at my house :) Be sure to bring a sleeping bag and pillow!
  • After Dinner
    We will decide a restaurant as time gets closer. This will take place Saturday evening :)
  • Trading/Selling/Buying of ponies
    Feel free to also bring other fun items as well ^^ Just make sure it is primarily pony :heart:
  • Guess the Ponies in the Jar

DONATIONS

Last year, donations were given through the purchase of extra raffle tickets for all the goodies attendees brought! All of these proceeds go to the next year's pony meet so I can buy fun stuff and helps pay for the venue :) If anyone could bring any kind of raffle prizes that would be amazing! Let me know if you would like to donate one :heart: Last year we had everyone raffle off their own prizes after everyone had distributed their tickets. It worked perfectly! I will start a list of raffle prizes. Email me or message me here if you would like to donate! I will love you forever if you do :heart:

MonstarNomNom- Perfume Puff G3 baby fakies
kCherry- MIP G4 Applejack
Iris Patch- Plush

WHAT TO BRING

Here is a small list I came up with and feel free to bring whatever you want! This is just a rough list and I may add things as I think of them. By no means do you have to bring everything listed! These are more suggestions than anything. ;)

Ponies for sale/trade
Money for food
Prize donations
Forks, spoons, plates, or napkins
Drinks such as juice, soda, water, etc
Snacks
Any fun crafts you might want to do
Just things to share or show off!

Here is the official thread for wants and what you will be bringing to sell/trade! :heart:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,358262.0.html

WHO IS BRINGING WHAT
Here is a list of things others will be bringing so we all have an idea of what we still need! We need drinks and so snacks like chips are candies if anyone wants those :) Veggie/fruit platters are always a hit too! Also, if anyone wants to bring

MonstarNomNom- Vegetarian Chili
Vertefae- Plates and napkins
Eternia- Cups and a snack
apanda0622- GF cheese rolls and peanut butter cookies
ringwraith10- pretzels and chips, possibly a drink
Radiance- Drinks
Iris Patch- Water
brightglowpony- Cake, Ponies in a Jar

FOOD
Food has always been difficult each year! I am determined to make this year the one where this aspect of the meet goes smoothly! Haha I am still trying to come up with ideas. I have tried to do a pot luck type thing the first two years, but found that to be too stressful for people making the food since we have lots of people who travel long distances. Last year I tried ordering sandwiches for everyone, and that proved to not be a good idea either. :silly: So! This year I am thinking possibly pizza to keep things simple and painless! For those who have food allergies we can figure out an alternative for you :heart:

CHILDREN

I realize the subject of children is a picky one as some people are comfortable having them around while others are not. I, myself, am more than okay with children! If you need/want to bring a child along please make sure you let me know when you RSVP and let everyone else know by posting here or on Facebook. If we do have kids along I can assure you I will think of some fun things to keep them entertained, but please make sure they are watched at all times to respect others' wishes. I know a lot of people don't want kids running around and getting into things they shouldn't, especially if it's their collections and things they hold near and dear. Thank you so much in advance for understanding this!

FACEBOOK

The SEPM has it's own group and please feel free to join it! There are lots of pictures from the past years so you can get a feel for what it is like and lots of updates and chit chat!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/326744247350358/

And here is a link directly to the pictures so you can check out past years!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/326744247350358/photos/

And that about concludes the thread for now! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to let me know! ^^ I may add more/make changes to this post and I will let you all know of any updates!  :biggrin: I look forward to hearing from all of you and I can't wait!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 05:36:00 PM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline wyndeboo

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Southeast Pony Meet 2014! (Georgia, US)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 01:02:37 PM »
yay! I Loved being a part of this last year. Everyone is so kind and a great group to meet. Count me in :)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:05:07 PM »
I'm interested as well, but I think this falls on the same weekend as the brony con in texas. I will have to check

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 01:06:29 PM »
You know I'll be there! ^^ It's always such a great time!

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 01:27:53 PM »
This is the same time as Anime Weekend Atlanta, so once again, I probably won't be there.  Hopefully I'll be at the fair though so I can finally meet some of you.
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 01:45:10 PM »
Awesome!! You know I'll be there and little monster face is coming too by popular request :)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 01:46:25 PM »
Oh poo! I had no idea it was the same weekend as AWA D: I will change it to the 20th. I hope that works too! xD

Can't wait to see everyone! :heart:

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 04:59:07 AM »
Woohoo for the FOURTH year!  Can't wait to see you all again and congrats Vertefae on your little one!
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 05:53:22 PM »
I think now that I kinda know what to expect I will have a better idea of what kind of goodies to bring and what not. Dunno if my gal pals will be joining me however.

I think last time I didn't realize people loved pony art so much. I had all these pieces I drew but just had them sitting in a book until the very end when we all started cleaning up. Then they were spotted and loved and I think I got rid of almost all of them right there.

I plan on bringing less ponies and more art goodies. I will bring my binder of ATCs (I have made some already that I will bring for others to buy or shoot if you have ATCs of your own and want to trade like regular trading cards thats cool too.) I can also sell them for $2.

My next question is what ponies to I draw!? I guess I should just start drawing them all and see who is interested in which ones. Maybe I'll get a sketchbook just for this meet and fill it with pony art.

I do plan on bringing my drawing stuff again and doing requests. I feel like my art skills have improved so much since the last meet I'd love to do some on spot requests too. I owe someone a much better done piece of their pony now that I have nice markers that can do leg gradient. (I drew a cute unicorn with a beaker cutie mark, and my ability to do leg gradient was poop. I felt so bad I need to figure out who that was and redraw that pony!) If it's any of ya'll speak up and I will draw her for you and mail her out!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:00:43 AM by UrocyonFox »

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 09:24:49 AM »
UroCyonFox, it might have been Keikokukien's Phoenix Down? I am not 100% sure but I know I was kinda helping her design hers and she has a beaker cutie mark and gradient legs x3

Of course we love pony art! I love to do trades and I had so much awesome new art for my binder after last year's meet ^^ I really need to invest in a new binder since that one is falling apart on me. Haha And I will definitely be up for trading again! I dunno if I will have any premade art though unless some trades were planned beforehand ;) I, of course, LOVE the perfume puff gals Haha I need a card and art of all of them! :lovey:
I wanted to propose that I give you your cards at the meet this year, unless you will be going to the fair as well. Since the post ate both of our ATCs we tried to mail to each other, I am absolutely terrified of sending them through the mail :cry:

I will hopefully have lots of ponies for sale/trade when the meet roles around ^^ I may offer sketches and such if there is interest in them :3

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 10:20:41 AM »
I should have tons of leftover fair stock at the meet... I know I'm making too much stock, but better to have too much than too little. ^^ I'll also have CUSTOMS this time, which I've never offered before (mainly cuz I hadn't really finished any til recently).

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 10:51:58 AM »
Yay!!I plan on making it again this year as well. Hopefully I'll have a New batch of oat couture, been going through a dry spell
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 11:00:11 AM »
I'm going to try really hard to make it this year. I know last year was a bust for me since we had just bought our home. We will be coming if we have the funds.  ^.^
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 11:07:35 AM »
I will be there of course!  :)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 11:28:01 AM »
UroCyonFox, it might have been Keikokukien's Phoenix Down? I am not 100% sure but I know I was kinda helping her design hers and she has a beaker cutie mark and gradient legs x3

Of course we love pony art! I love to do trades and I had so much awesome new art for my binder after last year's meet ^^ I really need to invest in a new binder since that one is falling apart on me. Haha And I will definitely be up for trading again! I dunno if I will have any premade art though unless some trades were planned beforehand ;) I, of course, LOVE the perfume puff gals Haha I need a card and art of all of them! :lovey:
I wanted to propose that I give you your cards at the meet this year, unless you will be going to the fair as well. Since the post ate both of our ATCs we tried to mail to each other, I am absolutely terrified of sending them through the mail :cry:

I will hopefully have lots of ponies for sale/trade when the meet roles around ^^ I may offer sketches and such if there is interest in them :3

Keikokukien's Phoenix Down that sounds about right! I need to PM her

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal