collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Mania Ponies found in box!  (Read 11645 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: Pony Mania Ponies found in box!
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2014, 06:39:11 PM »

I am willing to pay the extra for some character variety....its exciting to get new ponies besides the mane 6...

I'm curious, can someone give me a rundown of exactly how many more 'characters' the funko line has compared to the hasbro's line? Since I don't keep up with funko stuff I have no clue how many different characters there are.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2014, 06:20:09 AM »

I am willing to pay the extra for some character variety....its exciting to get new ponies besides the mane 6...

I'm curious, can someone give me a rundown of exactly how many more 'characters' the funko line has compared to the hasbro's line? Since I don't keep up with funko stuff I have no clue how many different characters there are.

No, Hasbro is still WAAAY ahead of Funko in regards to different released characters, even if we're just considering the brushable ponies and not the blind bags.

I only collect the brushables and, surprisingly, I have over 50 separate characters that have been released since 2010. Sounds unbelievable, I know! But you can see for yourself here: http://strawberryreef.com/Index/BodyType/fim.html

In comparison, including all the FiM Funko characters that are out now, they number about 14 or so distinct characters. (But to be fair, Hasbro has been releasing FiM toys since 2010, which is several years earlier than Funko has.)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2014, 08:39:43 AM »

No, Hasbro is still WAAAY ahead of Funko in regards to different released characters, even if we're just considering the brushable ponies and not the blind bags.

I only collect the brushables and, surprisingly, I have over 50 separate characters that have been released since 2010. Sounds unbelievable, I know! But you can see for yourself here: http://strawberryreef.com/Index/BodyType/fim.html

In comparison, including all the FiM Funko characters that are out now, they number about 14 or so distinct characters. (But to be fair, Hasbro has been releasing FiM toys since 2010, which is several years earlier than Funko has.)

Funko releases 10 new characters every year. (Atleast thats the path they are on now, they come out in pairs of twos and most have chase variants some have other variants.) So they may very well pass up hasbro at hasbros new character rate lol, anyways we should probably move this discussion over to the funko forum.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:41:32 AM by Aquatic Neon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2014, 09:24:56 AM »

I personally never understand the "Funko is better because it releases new characters" argument. Current they cant even approach Hasbros unique characters to date and with only a couple of releases at a time - usually of characters we have already seen - its not going to get to more characters either. Funko have had regular moulds, POPs, Cupcakes and minis...all of those lines not only repeat some of the main 6 but continue to repeat the main fandom characters as well. The mini Funkos after all were just repeat releases of the larger Funko figures. Even if you allow for future releases - they are going to simply repeat a lot of the characters we have already seen by Hasbro including  Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Shining Armour, the CMC no doubt - then those are not new characters but simply merchanise release of ponies we already have.

Even at 10 ponies a year - and probably at least 5 of which are ponies we have already had some way or another by Hasbro - Funko are going to be behind Hasbro. Hasbros attempts are indeed poor but we already know of at least 5 new Hasbro characters which are coming out [be it accompanied by dolls or mane 6 releases].

I get that people prefer Funko and prefer the show accurate/moulded hair merchandise. I can understand that. I dont understand the argument that they are better because they release more - it doesnt stack up. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2014, 09:44:21 AM »
Also there's no garauntee that they're going to continue to do 10 per year just because their first year had 10 characters released. If season 5 is the last year of new episodes for the show, they will probably stop making new characters after that. I don't seem them releasing many new collectables after the show gets done.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2014, 09:52:11 AM »
Also there's no garauntee that they're going to continue to do 10 per year just because their first year had 10 characters released. If season 5 is the last year of new episodes for the show, they will probably stop making new characters after that. I don't seem them releasing many new collectables after the show gets done.

Season 5 won't be the last season they already said FIM for atleast 5 more years, Funko said at some point the princesses and Rarity will come out (Rarity being this year and possibly the princesses) it really depends on what you want to compare, personally I compare brushables/fashion styles vs funkos because blind bags are basically just a bunch of recolors and they are so tiny they dont feel like ponies to me. So in that sense Funko has Big Mac, Bon Bon, Spitfire, Octavia, Dr. Whooves, all first. There is a brushable Octavia coming out from hasbro, but no sign of the others espically the boys. Funko has a lot of potential to release popular characters in the fandom such as boys we have never seen as brushables like Soarin, Braeburn, Thunderlane and Discord and other neat characters, while I can only see hasbro doing blind bags of those which don't count in my opinion.

For Sale Wants

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »
5 more years!? No way. There's practically no childrens cartoons out there that has 10+ seasons. Whoever said that is definitely exaggerating.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »
5 more years!? No way. There's practically no childrens cartoons out there that has 10+ seasons. Whoever said that is definitely exaggerating.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,349471.0.html

The show is extremely successful and doing so well, the most watched show on the Hub I believe, hasbro is making also the most off of MLP I believe than any other of their products, there is no way they would want to stop G4 or try something new anytime soon, when G4 is doing so well and they are making bank off of it. Maybe much of the success is coming from the growing adult fans, which lengthens the lifespan.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 01:03:13 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2014, 12:57:59 PM »

Season 5 won't be the last season they already said FIM for atleast 5 more years, Funko said at some point the princesses and Rarity will come out (Rarity being this year and possibly the princesses) it really depends on what you want to compare, personally I compare brushables/fashion styles vs funkos because blind bags are basically just a bunch of recolors and they are so tiny they dont feel like ponies to me. So in that sense Funko has Big Mac, Bon Bon, Spitfire, Octavia, Dr. Whooves, all first. There is a brushable Octavia coming out from hasbro, but no sign of the others espically the boys. Funko has a lot of potential to release popular characters in the fandom such as boys we have never seen as brushables like Soarin, Braeburn, Thunderlane and Discord and other neat characters, while I can only see hasbro doing blind bags of those which don't count in my opinion.

potential = if, maybe and soon. My question was simply show me the numbers that exist right now, everything else is personal opinion.

You can say you like Funko better, another can say they like bushables better. But when people say there is more variety of characters I want to see the numbers. Actual numbers are not an opinion or an if or maybe or soon.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2014, 01:01:44 PM »

potential = if, maybe and soon. My question was simply show me the numbers that exist right now, everything else is personal opinion.

You can say you like Funko better, another can say they like bushables better. But when people say there is more variety of characters I want to see the numbers. Actual numbers are not an opinion or an if or maybe or soon.

Yea I know of course there is no way Funko has more, for a few reasons one they haven't been making them as long and two it takes them a lot longer to make them, since each pony has their own hair/tail/clothes etc. I don't know the exact numbers that hasbro has at this point just the funko numbers.

For Sale Wants

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2014, 01:07:26 PM »
I honestly can decide if I like these lol they are kinda hilarious :) probably pass this year. More money for MH XD

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »
There is no way they can say for certain the show will last five more years.  It doesn't matter one whit how popular it is.  Heck, it doesn't even matter how popular the toyline is.  ("MLP & Friends" was canceled and the toyline ran for five more years in the US.)

What matters is whether Hasbro feels the show benefits them enough--specifically, does it improve profits more than just playing reruns of the existing seasons?  Today the answer is yes.  Who knows what the answer will be tomorrow.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2014, 05:08:04 PM »

Yea I know of course there is no way Funko has more, for a few reasons one they haven't been making them as long and two it takes them a lot longer to make them, since each pony has their own hair/tail/clothes etc. I don't know the exact numbers that hasbro has at this point just the funko numbers.

Well, that's only logic isn't it? Funko wouldn't be making them from the beginning. Hasbro does own MLP and Funko makes they're ponies with permission from hasbro.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2014, 11:35:29 PM »
hasbro is making also the most off of MLP I believe than any other of their products

Pretty sure they make the most off of Transformers, specifically the live-action movies (abominations that they are, they are massive cash cows).

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
hasbro is making also the most off of MLP I believe than any other of their products

Pretty sure they make the most off of Transformers, specifically the live-action movies (abominations that they are, they are massive cash cows).

Also I am sure with Prime and the other Transformers series they make more money on the Transformer toys than MLP. (Also I for one like the Movies)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal