collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Perfect hair - howto?  (Read 4326 times)

Offline MoonShadow

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
Re: Perfect hair - howto?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 04:08:38 AM »
I've got a tutorial on Youtube.  Are we allowed to link to Youtube?  If not, just delete me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb9187FGaJw

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 09:23:11 AM »
I've not managed as beautiful hair as some i've seen, but I've had great results from washing pony hair in normal shampoo, thickly conditioning it, then using straightners on it (lowest heat obviously) while still wet and conditionery.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 09:27:27 AM »
I bought a lot of G3's once that had horrible, oily hair - and when I washed the horrible oil out, their hair was amazing! The seller had tried to 'fix' them, before sending them on, (they were god-awful in the photos) and my god it worked out in the end - they now possess the most beautiful hair of all my G3's. I messaged the seller, but to no avail - I have no idea what they used! I pop some garnier frizz control oil into my problem ponies hair and leave for a couple of days before washing out and doing the conditioning/straightening - I like to think it prevents knots being as bad, which stretch the hair when you go to comb it out.

How do you get rid of oily hair? I have two ponies with disgusting oily hair but I can't wash it out!

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Rainfeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 10:24:27 AM »
In that movie he leaves the conditioner in? Doesn't it make that oily?

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 12:35:34 PM »
I bought a lot of G3's once that had horrible, oily hair - and when I washed the horrible oil out, their hair was amazing! The seller had tried to 'fix' them, before sending them on, (they were god-awful in the photos) and my god it worked out in the end - they now possess the most beautiful hair of all my G3's. I messaged the seller, but to no avail - I have no idea what they used! I pop some garnier frizz control oil into my problem ponies hair and leave for a couple of days before washing out and doing the conditioning/straightening - I like to think it prevents knots being as bad, which stretch the hair when you go to comb it out.

How do you get rid of oily hair? I have two ponies with disgusting oily hair but I can't wash it out!

If it doesn't wash out with normal shampoo and conditioner, then dish soap should do it! That may dry it out though, so condition after.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 02:13:20 PM »

If it doesn't wash out with normal shampoo and conditioner, then dish soap should do it! That may dry it out though, so condition after.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Okay I will try that, thanks!  ^.^

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 04:11:25 AM »
I've got a tutorial on Youtube.  Are we allowed to link to Youtube?  If not, just delete me. :)

You have great results! Bit concerned about getting water inside your ponies though, and personally I leave the factory long bits (never cut). But they look amazing! I love the style you chose for Rarity.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

svetilda

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 10:09:39 AM »
Thank you!

It's very similar to my washing/styling process. But for me this method doesn't work when pony has dry/fizzy hair.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 01:20:45 PM »

Youtube links are allowed :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 04:39:19 PM »
Thank you!

It's very similar to my washing/styling process. But for me this method doesn't work when pony has dry/fizzy hair.

Same here. So I broke out the straighteners today (flat irons). I had to switch them on for 30s then turn off and wait 30s because otherwise the temperature was getting too high. I coated the wet hair in conditioner.  I straightened the hair in tiny sections, combing in between with a fine tooth comb (normally for cat). The ends were a pain. They are still not perfect but much much better. Once the worst was straight, the rest seemed to straighten more easily under the hot tap as I rinsed the conditioner out. I'm drying the tails I did in curlers, will wet before fixing back into the ponies and repeat the above before letting them dry. If they are still dry at the ends, then  :shrug:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:42:01 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 04:47:46 PM »
I have heard that fabric conditioner can help with synthetic hair. Albeit my experience has been with cosplay wigs, but synthetic hair is synthetic hair (in regards to washing, anyway). And, as most people likely have it lying around at home it's probably worth a shot. I've seen it used as a diluted soak, not neat like hair conditioner.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 04:53:38 PM »
I have heard that fabric conditioner can help with synthetic hair. Albeit my experience has been with cosplay wigs, but synthetic hair is synthetic hair (in regards to washing, anyway). And, as most people likely have it lying around at home it's probably worth a shot. I've seen it used as a diluted soak, not neat like hair conditioner.

That sounds like it's worth a shot. The other one I have read about is shampoo and conditioner for afro hair 'women of colour' or something like that? Can't get it in the UK. Anyone know any equivalent?

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2014, 07:40:47 AM »
  Do we know the actual chemical make-up of pony hair?  There are so many plastic conditioners out there!  Wouldn't it be weird if something like Armor-all was the perfect product for pony hair, and we've just never considered it?

If we knew the chemical formula, or at least the main type of plastic, we could experiment on some baits.

Offline renaekathleen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 07:49:46 AM »
  Do we know the actual chemical make-up of pony hair?  There are so many plastic conditioners out there!  Wouldn't it be weird if something like Armor-all was the perfect product for pony hair, and we've just never considered it?

If we knew the chemical formula, or at least the main type of plastic, we could experiment on some baits.

Pony hair is nylon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2014, 03:16:55 PM »

I have used Armor-all - well actually a UK paint protector equivalent - on hair and it does actually work really really well. However I never actually recommend that people use it because it will no doubt cause some long term damage to the nylon and I dont want to encourage that. However a very good alternative is a wig cleaner. Spray it on as per the instructions - its designed to make synthetic hair clean and shiny - then follow that with a good kids detangler, brush and allow to air dry.

For synthetic hair a soak over night in fabric softener is a great idea for dry hair - literally soak the hair in the fabric conditioner for 12-24 hours - making sure you keep all the hair submerged [you should move the hair occasionally to ensure all strands are covered equally]. Then shampoo/condition as normal. However thats a treatment to recover the hair not to give it a shiny finished appearance.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal