collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 44925 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: SDCC exclusive
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »
I vote Power Ponies. ;P

Can't wait to see what they are either way. :D
A MILLION TIMES YES!!!!!!!! /)XoX(\

My guess is on this, it makes a lot of sense it is comic con after all!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »
Um, I would LOVE Power Ponies. 

I agree with DJ being a hard pony to sell, we are still stuck with our double from last year! @_@ I just hope the next SDCC exclusive isnt going to be blinged out or $50. Do we know yet if this years pony will be $20 or $50? I hope they learned their lesson from last year. I still think it could be Dr. Whooves in a tardis box LOL. I will cry if its another Pinkie Pie!

It will probably be $50; the Fair and SDCC will most likely be the same release and the fair pony has already been confirmed as $50.

Normally Hasbrotoyshop sells out of SDCC exclusives immediately- or within 10 minutes or so.  The DJ ended up sticking around for many months.

It actually reminded me of pre FiM Fair and SDCC ponies could sit on Hasbro Toy Shop for months before they would sell out. The selling out in seconds is something which very much came with G4.

Their other exclusives sold out super fast too though (Jem, Star Wars, Transformers) - maybe there are just more and more adult collectors of "toys" ?   :biggrin:

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »

You do realize they are still mane 6 right?

For Sale Wants

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2014, 04:03:14 PM »
I'd love for it to be a EqG doll of a certain grey pegasus :) Can't describe how happy that would make me lol XD

Why on earth do people like her so much? She was already an SDCC/Fair exclusive once and that was more than enough.

Because she's my fave pony. That's like asking why people seem to like Fizzy, or Mimic, or any other pony for that matter.

Personally, I'm super clutzy at work or around people, so I can relate to her. She is also incredibly cute. :) But I can understand why she also frustrates people.

As stated, not a fan of EQG (MAYBE if they looked movie accurate where the designs were interesting... or had more clothes... or were more posable!) and tired of :muffin: Pony always being exclusive. Give the other fans some love for a change and let me collect a pony (or... notpony) that I love.  :satisfied:
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2014, 04:09:33 PM »

Some of us do still like the mane six as long as they're sufficiently different from past releases. :p

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2014, 04:15:48 PM »

Some of us do still like the mane six as long as they're sufficiently different from past releases. :p

Personally, I prefer the mane 6 (provided they are different) because I actually have a story and personality to relate to them, rather than just some pony with a different design and no background.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2014, 04:39:17 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the Power Ponies episode was made with SDCC in mind. It would make a lot of sense for the exclusives to be related to that ep. Good guess! It's not something I particularly want but it does seem an obvious choice for Comic Con, doesn't it!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2014, 05:27:46 PM »
I hope we get some more show ponies that aren't the Mane Six, personally! Maybe Mayor Mare, or Big Mac, Granny Smith, or someone like that. :) But if the Mane Six are sufficiently jazzed up enough, I'll probably buy them too!

I just really hope we get a different exclusive for the MLP Fair... :yikes:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »
It actually reminded me of pre FiM Fair and SDCC ponies could sit on Hasbro Toy Shop for months before they would sell out. The selling out in seconds is something which very much came with G4.

Don't forget the insanity surrounding the red superhero SDCC pony, though!  (I forget what year she was from.)  Oh my Gooood, their site crashed and crashed and CRASHED as hordes of collectors tried to get her and the other collectibles from Hasbro Toy Shop.  I am pretty sure she did sell out that day, or the day after.

That was the one where I accidentally ordered thirteen of them because I kept assuming my credit card hadn't gone through because the site kept crashing and not sending me credit card confirmation emails.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2014, 05:47:50 PM »

Don't forget the insanity surrounding the red superhero SDCC pony, though!  (I forget what year she was from.)  Oh my Gooood, their site crashed and crashed and CRASHED as hordes of collectors tried to get her and the other collectibles from Hasbro Toy Shop.  I am pretty sure she did sell out that day, or the day after.

That was the one where I accidentally ordered thirteen of them because I kept assuming my credit card hadn't gone through because the site kept crashing and not sending me credit card confirmation emails.

Lucky! I never did get that pony-  I keep looking at the ebay price and ... not getting her  :biggrin:

As for the power ponies-  I wonder if it will just be ONE pony- or a set of all of them, or a pair.....

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if it were...a fashion style Applejack??? Collectors have been asking for her, and she's a character that bridges the gap between G1 and G4...so Hasbro could kill two birds with one stone, all in an exclusive that they would then never make again!! Imagine how high her price would remain, forever and ever!! :D

(I'm just kidding, please don't hurt me!)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2014, 06:41:00 AM »

Good point! And she still remains the priciest of the bunch. Although she did go back up on the website a couple of times after that first day. It tends to not be the MLP which crashes HTS - more whatever the current Transformer release is I am sure. :P  She is probably the reason for the others not selling fast. I think Hasbro assumed her popularity meant there were more people interested than there actually was and simply carried too many of them. A couple of them run under retail on resale value sometimes.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2014, 10:10:37 AM »
I vote Power Ponies. ;P

Can't wait to see what they are either way. :D
A MILLION TIMES YES!!!!!!!! /)XoX(\

My guess is on this, it makes a lot of sense it is comic con after all!

And wasn't it hinted that the exclusive this year is ponies plural?

If I was a betting gal... :P
~Foxtale~

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2014, 02:49:11 PM »
If it's the Power Ponies, I'm going to have to get them. As cool as that would be, I was hoping that there wouldn't be anything I'd want from SDCC this year.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2014, 08:43:41 PM »
I just hope it isn't the fillies with the leg patterns

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal