collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 46380 times)

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
Re: SDCC exclusive
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »
I'm gonna go with a bunch of Pinkie Pies.

LOL!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2014, 07:32:52 PM »
Hope they learned their lesson with 50 dllrs merchandise ,  it will slowly sell ......but they will be keeping them for a while
SDCC Djpon was the slowest seller  I think for an SDCC , it lingered and stayed on  their site for a long time , and ebay sellers selling them for less that  the 50 mark to get rid of them .
Whatever they make, hope is price as the Amazon ones :)  which still are available :)
nice!
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2014, 08:05:55 PM »
I vote Power Ponies. ;P

Can't wait to see what they are either way. :D
A MILLION TIMES YES!!!!!!!! /)XoX(\
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2014, 10:12:30 PM »
Maybe it will be a POP playset...  ;)  Just throwing that out there...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2014, 10:17:18 PM »
I really wish there was some way to know what the exclusive was going to be before the Fair though.  I would have seriously NOT bought the more expensive ticket packages the last few years had I know exactly how lackluster the exclusive would be. I will be LIVID if Hasbro produces another flop this year and I have had to pay $50 for something I can't stand.  I don't collect dolls.  I collect ponies.  Unless they're gray Pegasus ponies, then I don't collect them either.  A gray Pegasus pony doll?  Livid. 

A million times this.

I would be sorely tempted to throw an absolute fit if I paid $50 for a grey pegasus EQG. Those dolls are hideous and give me the creeps, I have zero desire to own one. Nor do I want the dreaded pony and doll combo pack, which would somehow make me even more angry than just a doll. The exclusives have always been ponies and it should stay that way and there certainly should not be a character exclusive that gets used twice because then I'll know for sure Hasbro only cares about bronies. And I would be so livid.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2014, 01:09:10 AM »
I really wish there was some way to know what the exclusive was going to be before the Fair though.  I would have seriously NOT bought the more expensive ticket packages the last few years had I know exactly how lackluster the exclusive would be. I will be LIVID if Hasbro produces another flop this year and I have had to pay $50 for something I can't stand.  I don't collect dolls.  I collect ponies.  Unless they're gray Pegasus ponies, then I don't collect them either.  A gray Pegasus pony doll?  Livid. 

A million times this.

I would be sorely tempted to throw an absolute fit if I paid $50 for a grey pegasus EQG. Those dolls are hideous and give me the creeps, I have zero desire to own one. Nor do I want the dreaded pony and doll combo pack, which would somehow make me even more angry than just a doll. The exclusives have always been ponies and it should stay that way and there certainly should not be a character exclusive that gets used twice because then I'll know for sure Hasbro only cares about bronies. And I would be so livid.

I agree if be pretty mad if I shelled out the money for a package that included something for $50 I do not want! I'd rather put that $50 towards extra ponies at the fair!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2014, 05:22:35 AM »
Maybe it will be a POP playset...  ;)  Just throwing that out there...
I don't think it will be this, only because we know about those really and haven't hard much more about them other than what was show at the toy fair.

A million times this.

I agree if be pretty mad if I shelled out the money for a package that included something for $50 I do not want! I'd rather put that $50 towards extra ponies at the fair!
I didn't get the package because it sold out before I could
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2014, 08:19:03 AM »
I  will just make a point here for those of you who paid  out    for the exclusive and you didint   want them.  at the fair i'm sure there will be people  willing to buy them off you. i rememeber  when   Muffin pony was the exclusive people were begging people to sell them.  and soemone won 1 in the raffle and i think sold it 10 mintues later for   100.00  and    also  people   were running around telling sob storys begging  and pleading  for them proably so they could resell them. but the point is.. i'm sure you can   possibly   get your money back rather quickly.

also.. that Twilight sparkle for 50.00 is STILL avalible on hasbros site. i know becuae i was just there and i saw her.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2014, 09:10:03 AM »
I  will just make a point here for those of you who paid  out    for the exclusive and you didint   want them.  at the fair i'm sure there will be people  willing to buy them off you. i rememeber  when   Muffin pony was the exclusive people were begging people to sell them.  and soemone won 1 in the raffle and i think sold it 10 mintues later for   100.00  and    also  people   were running around telling sob storys begging  and pleading  for them proably so they could resell them. but the point is.. i'm sure you can   possibly   get your money back rather quickly.

also.. that Twilight sparkle for 50.00 is STILL avalible on hasbros site. i know becuae i was just there and i saw her.

Twilight Sparkle wasn't a SDCC exclusive though-  it was the blinged out DJ  (who was also on the site for a veeeery long time after the Con- but did finally sell out) :)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2014, 10:30:13 AM »

Twilight Sparkle wasn't a SDCC exclusive though-  it was the blinged out DJ  (who was also on the site for a veeeery long time after the Con- but did finally sell out) :)

and I'm still stuck (yes, stuck) with my Fair DJ - it's a hard pony for people to get rid of. So there's no guarantee that if I don't like this year's that I'll be able to resell it either....
though if it's not something great this year, I probably won't buy the biggest package again
and if it's a doll or doll/pony set, I will also be very upset.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:31:44 AM by Roogna »

DeviantArt Etsy

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2014, 12:14:58 PM »
I agree with DJ being a hard pony to sell, we are still stuck with our double from last year! @_@ I just hope the next SDCC exclusive isnt going to be blinged out or $50. Do we know yet if this years pony will be $20 or $50? I hope they learned their lesson from last year. I still think it could be Dr. Whooves in a tardis box LOL. I will cry if its another Pinkie Pie!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 12:16:50 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2014, 12:55:32 PM »
lol  i didint  bother buying the  funko  dj one  becuae  well it was 50.00  and it wasnt worth it.  i'm  sorry for those of you still stuck with them.   and i think soemone said they were still  50.00  which is ridiculus

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2014, 01:40:34 PM »
lol  i didint  bother buying the  funko  dj one  becuae  well it was 50.00  and it wasnt worth it.  i'm  sorry for those of you still stuck with them.   and i think soemone said they were still  50.00  which is ridiculus

The crystal Vinyl Scratch was Hasbro's exclusive, not Funko's :).

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2014, 01:51:17 PM »

and I'm still stuck (yes, stuck) with my Fair DJ - it's a hard pony for people to get rid of. So there's no guarantee that if I don't like this year's that I'll be able to resell it either....
though if it's not something great this year, I probably won't buy the biggest package again
and if it's a doll or doll/pony set, I will also be very upset.

I'm surprised you got stuck with the glam DJ.  I know I (and a few others) were looking everywhere for her starting right after the fair and ending only a a few weeks after the SDCC when Hasbrotoyshop put the extras on the site.  I eventually bought one for $75 from an Arena peep because nobody was selling them for less (including on ebay).  I think many of us didn't realize that once they went up on the hasbrotoyshop- there would be SO MANY.  Normally Hasbrotoyshop sells out of SDCC exclusives immediately- or within 10 minutes or so.  The DJ ended up sticking around for many months.

So as much as I would prefer the exclusive to be something that is super awesome-  I'm probably going to want and like whatever it is that they come up with...  So if you don't like your "figures" set, whatever it is-  please do let me know, as I'm pretty sure I'll be willing to buy it from you for at least as much as you paid plus shipping.   But.... let me know BEFORE it hits the Hasbrotoyshop and I can go get one for myself :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »
I agree with DJ being a hard pony to sell, we are still stuck with our double from last year! @_@ I just hope the next SDCC exclusive isnt going to be blinged out or $50. Do we know yet if this years pony will be $20 or $50? I hope they learned their lesson from last year. I still think it could be Dr. Whooves in a tardis box LOL. I will cry if its another Pinkie Pie!

It will probably be $50; the Fair and SDCC will most likely be the same release and the fair pony has already been confirmed as $50.

Normally Hasbrotoyshop sells out of SDCC exclusives immediately- or within 10 minutes or so.  The DJ ended up sticking around for many months.

It actually reminded me of pre FiM Fair and SDCC ponies could sit on Hasbro Toy Shop for months before they would sell out. The selling out in seconds is something which very much came with G4.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal