collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: An itty-bitty (literally!) brag...(and some ot bragging because I'm so excited!)  (Read 387 times)

AnnetheCatDetective

• Trade Count: (0)
Well, I've had a rough few days, but my luck turned around today when I sold a painting that I was really proud of, so when I went out to pick up ice cream to celebrate...

I stopped in the toy aisle over at Target, and picked up a blind bag pony. Feeling lucky is the time to do it, after all...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And I got this fancy fella! I really like him (as soon as they started putting out stallions, I knew I needed them all)-- I just need to seal him because his glitter comes off easier than previous glittery blind bags...

And my tangentially-pony-related luck had not run out! While going through the toy aisle and looking at brushable ponies (and holding off on buying any more than a blind bag until after payday), I was talking to my brother about how I am interested in getting into customs and rerooting/rehairing. When I got home and checked the mail, my dollyhair samples had arrived!

I couldn't resist 'matching' them...

Not bad! A little bit of careful blending and I could match my own hair, heheh...

So I'm excited, because getting to look over the samples firsthand is my first step on the road to custom rehairing dolls and ponies, and after all the bad luck that had been piling on me early in the week, it felt good to have a sparkly little pony bringing on a turnaround! (well, okay, selling the painting started the turnaround...)

Spoiler
I also got a non-pony blind bag... and a new obsession. I'd been a casual minifig fan before, but now...

I love him!

PS, the painting I sold, almost finished and finished side by side with another in progress:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
What a handsome boy. I love all of the glitter. Congrats on selling a painting too btw :D

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Congrats :) And also happy that you sold your painting :)

AnnetheCatDetective

Thank you very much!

(and today I came home with another brushable Rarity (the masquerade one, though I'll just be giving her mask to my other Rarity...) and put in an actual Dollyhair *order*, so... eventually I'll have a customized pony...)

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
Congrats on finding that little guy!  :newpony:  And on the hair sample arrival!  :art: And on selling the painting!  :accomplished:

Blog

AnnetheCatDetective

Thank you!   :happy:

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Congrats on your good pony luck, your jump into the world of rehairing, and most of all, selling your painting. Good for you!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Congratulations on selling your painting! Thats great.

And congrats on such an adorable blind bag - I love him!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

AnnetheCatDetective

Thanks!

I've picked up an extra Rarity because they were on sale, so when my kit and hair arrive I'll be able to practice on a readily-available-in-Target pony...

And I'm still very excited about the painting!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal