collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Blue Flu Discord)  (Read 67708 times)

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
Yup, I only ever preorder one of each and this makes the third time I've gotten a glitter. I was pretty shocked to get him, I figured I'd used up my pony luck on the last wave. Here's a pic of him:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Good luck to everyone on their preorders, I hope to see lots more glitters here as they start to roll in  ^.^

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
Great pic Sailor!!!! It makes me want to find glitter Big Mac even more!! Congrats.

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
I have never liked the glitter versions, but oh my, is he gorgeous!!!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Yup, I only ever preorder one of each and this makes the third time I've gotten a glitter. I was pretty shocked to get him, I figured I'd used up my pony luck on the last wave. Here's a pic of him:

Good luck to everyone on their preorders, I hope to see lots more glitters here as they start to roll in  ^.^
SUPER!!!  He looks Amazing :)  I hope to get one :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Yup, I only ever preorder one of each and this makes the third time I've gotten a glitter. I was pretty shocked to get him, I figured I'd used up my pony luck on the last wave.
Wow, you've really got some excellent luck! Congrats on Big Mac! He looks so cool!

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile

Outstanding!! Congrats and I am quite impressed with your luck on the glitters. My pre order should arrive next week and I hope that I have a decent paint job on my AJ and Big Mac.

Congrats again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shadoweon

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
I had my order shipped to store and I didn't get a glitter variant,but it was cool to be able to get one alot earlier than most seem to be! They still aren't actually in stock in the store, I just got one Big Mac.

Mine arrived with a dented up box though,which is odd seeing as it was shipped with packaging around it. Wonder why.

I also noticed that my local store has all the Funko Ponies very high up on a shelf so you can't pick them up yourself. Why is that?=/ I don't really like having to ask employees to get an item for me...

Gloomygirl777

I had my order shipped to store and I didn't get a glitter variant,but it was cool to be able to get one alot earlier than most seem to be! They still aren't actually in stock in the store, I just got one Big Mac.

Mine arrived with a dented up box though,which is odd seeing as it was shipped with packaging around it. Wonder why.

I also noticed that my local store has all the Funko Ponies very high up on a shelf so you can't pick them up yourself. Why is that?=/ I don't really like having to ask employees to get an item for me...

I have the exact same problem at mine...they are so high up you can't reach them at all. And of course that really sucks with the Funko Vinyls cause you need to check them all to find the best paint job...but obviously the employees don't want to get every single one down for you........
Ugh!! and when I asked at my Hot Topic for them to get some down the girl didn't even get a ladder she just took a big stick and started whacking them off the shelf :shocked: :shocked: I was like STOP!!!!!!!!!!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
I never quite understood why stores would put the funkos (or other figures) way out of reach. I can understand clothes, but figures?
Even more so when you ask an employee to get one down for you, and they give you an attitude about it. O_o
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
oh man. I don't normally care about glitters but these were the 2 I DID want glitters of. :(

I got mine in yesterday and my AJ has a spot they didn't paint on her tail. A huge glob of glue streaked across her symbol, and her tail is loose (guess all the glue that was supposed to hold the tail on went into fading the symbol)

As for the big mac he's pretty good, a chunk of his bangs near his face looks like someone set him on the sidewalk and dragged him around to scuff it up and make it dirty.

I am still amazed at the quality of Big mac though (not this one specifically but like the new mold and what not) All the proportions look great and he's so handsome.

Offline Dashy77

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
The quality on Big Mac glitter is amazing. I'm really impressed with it. Sigh...it'll be awhile before I get em prob.

Gloomygirl777

The quality on Big Mac glitter is amazing. I'm really impressed with it. Sigh...it'll be awhile before I get em prob.

Did  you preorder or waiting to go to the store?? My Hot Topic still has no idea when they are getting them in....just talked to them last night  :( I got 20 bucks in my wallet though that I am not using for anything else except my Big Mac glitter :biggrin: ooooorrrrrr regular I geuss.......... :|

I did get regular Octavia today though!! And she has a perfect paint job. YAY!!!

Post Merge: May 25, 2014, 01:38:53 PM

I also have a question for anyone who knows about this...........I'm a little confused as to when and how glitters come out....because on the toysrus website it doesn't say anything about 1 in 24 will receive a glitter variant so does that mean that they don't have glitters of Octavia and DJ?? Which I know they exist because I have seen both but were the glitters only available when they were at Hot Topic or do other places get them too???

I have also heard about the Sweetie glitter just now coming out???......but I know she has been out for awhile but big mac and aj are just now coming out and already have glitters available?

LOL. I am confused. Someone please explain.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:38:53 PM by Gloomygirl777 »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram

Did  you preorder or waiting to go to the store?? My Hot Topic still has no idea when they are getting them in....just talked to them last night  :( I got 20 bucks in my wallet though that I am not using for anything else except my Big Mac glitter :biggrin: ooooorrrrrr regular I geuss.......... :|

I did get regular Octavia today though!! And she has a perfect paint job. YAY!!!

Congrats on your perfect Octavia, she was a very hard one to get perfect for me, mines still not perfect.. I need an upgrade. As for Big Mac and Aj in certain areas I'm almost getting worried we might not get them now, because I was talking to one of the managers and she said they ship where they sell well, ad Trixie and Twi did not do good in my area really, they still have them, while DJ and Ocatvia were gone like instantly.

For Sale Wants

Offline Dashy77

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile

Post Merge: May 25, 2014, 01:38:53 PM

I also have a question for anyone who knows about this...........I'm a little confused as to when and how glitters come out....because on the toysrus website it doesn't say anything about 1 in 24 will receive a glitter variant so does that mean that they don't have glitters of Octavia and DJ?? Which I know they exist because I have seen both but were the glitters only available when they were at Hot Topic or do other places get them too???

I have also heard about the Sweetie glitter just now coming out???......but I know she has been out for awhile but big mac and aj are just now coming out and already have glitters available?

LOL. I am confused. Someone please explain.

I pre-ordered with shipping to store option.

So anyone correct me if I'm wrong here but here's my shot of explaining this for ya.

Glitters come out with their respective originals at time of release; with 1/24 odds. Pretty much most of the releases start at Hot Topic and Hot Topic only for about 6 months, then they get picked up by other stores like TRU. Toysrus site might not show the odds but the odds are the odds. They still get their shipment from Funko.

Sweetie glitter just was quietly released into the wild in about a month or so ago. She's being trickled down "with same 1/24 odds" but I find that hard to believe but it is what it is. She was available along with the original ones that wasn't apart of the HT exclusive club. She & Spitfire came out @ TRU first and even early at that, I think Aug of last year? Can't remember all too well.

As it stands right now, when the vinyls come out @ HT first (6-ish months) they have their respective glitters available at that time as well. Everyone now has a glitter counterpart...well I take that back, Spitfire is the only glitter we're awaiting and not sure what they're doing about that.

Hope that answers it some! If not I know Aqua or Houston can prob elaborate more on it.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Your info sounds right to me, Dashy! :D I think Sweetie and Spitfire are TRU exclusives, but  i could be wrong on that. I havent seen them in other stores.

And glitters can appear in other stores, not just at Hot Topic. I know I have seen glitter Lyra and Pinkie at TRU.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal