collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Blue Flu Discord)  (Read 68226 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I just hope these don't come with all the quality errors the funko ponies often have if they're charging so much more for them...

I'm hoping for an AJ with SIX apples instead of three XD

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Funko should sell pony paint so we can recolor duplicates and make some amazing customs, as well as touch them up if they have errors! :) Problem solved!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Hate the 5 buck shipping unless spending over 30...what else to add to my order...

Thanks Aqua for the Heads up.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Hate the 5 buck shipping unless spending over 30...what else to add to my order...

they have 1 dllr shipping today  and if you have stores close by is  free  to ship to the store :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I just hope these don't come with all the quality errors the funko ponies often have if they're charging so much more for them...

I am positive they will all come with serious quality errors.  I love the Funko ponies, but the factory that they are using is pretty sloppy when it comes to the screening details.  It is rare to get a pony without the eyes being slightly off kilter, or glue streaks, or sloppy paint... 

For some reason the mini-funkos don't seem to have near the same problems, not sure why.  I hope they do minis of ALL the new characters!!!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram

I am positive they will all come with serious quality errors.  I love the Funko ponies, but the factory that they are using is pretty sloppy when it comes to the screening details.  It is rare to get a pony without the eyes being slightly off kilter, or glue streaks, or sloppy paint... 

For some reason the mini-funkos don't seem to have near the same problems, not sure why.  I hope they do minis of ALL the new characters!!!

I disagree I don't think that many of them have serious errors at all, a couple of the waves were worse than others, but I still didn't have too much of a problem finding ones that looked really good! Out of the tons of ponies I ordered last wave I would say only 1 Twi and 1 Trixie had bad issues, the rest were fair to really good shape.

As for the minis yea that would be cool, even though I'm not a huge fan of them, I like the bigger ponies better since they are the perfect size. Anyways it won't be until another 10 ponies are out (so we need another 6 ponies), then series 2 minis will be out.

For Sale Wants

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Funko should sell pony paint so we can recolor duplicates and make some amazing customs, as well as touch them up if they have errors! :) Problem solved!

thats a great idea

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile

they have 1 dllr shipping today  and if you have stores close by is  free  to ship to the store :)

That's when you spend 30, but I'm ordering just 1 of each and with hot cash code, I'm under that 30.  I do have a store within walking distance but do they get it the same day as if it was shipped to house? or is it days later?

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
It would be the same time ,maybe even faster to the stores as they must be more streamlined on their shipments to stores compared to residential shipments

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I have given up on the G4 brushable line due to lack of new characters. However I went into TRU the other day and saw a whole bunch of these. I never bought one before, but I ended up buying 7 of them and really liking them. At least the G4 line gets new characters this way. I am sad the brushables seem to be going the way of core 7.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
I have given up on the G4 brushable line due to lack of new characters. However I went into TRU the other day and saw a whole bunch of these. I never bought one before, but I ended up buying 7 of them and really liking them. At least the G4 line gets new characters this way. I am sad the brushables seem to be going the way of core 7.

Yup I'm with you given up on brushables, all about the funkos for me I love how we know new characters are always on the way with these and I love them so much! Love that we are getting cutie marks on both sides from now on that was like one of the best perks ever! Not to mention the accuracy and character selection!

For Sale Wants

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
I prefer brushables, they are my favorite form of pony.  But I do like these a lot too.  Just got Sweetie Drops after TRU send me more Dashes when I ordered her.

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
they look awesome x)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile

I disagree I don't think that many of them have serious errors at all, a couple of the waves were worse than others, but I still didn't have too much of a problem finding ones that looked really good! Out of the tons of ponies I ordered last wave I would say only 1 Twi and 1 Trixie had bad issues, the rest were fair to really good shape.

As for the minis yea that would be cool, even though I'm not a huge fan of them, I like the bigger ponies better since they are the perfect size. Anyways it won't be until another 10 ponies are out (so we need another 6 ponies), then series 2 minis will be out.

Well if they fixed the last wave that's news to me and great-  because I have had a LOT of quality problems with nearly all the Funkos I have bought.  I bought like 10-15 each of Lyra, Spitfire, Sweetie Drops and Pinkie (to get sparkles)- and only like two out of each lot looked good- the rest had some serious problems (mostly off-kilter eyes).  Also nearly all of my sparkly ponies have really large glue drips and marks - the worst being Octavia and DJ.   Of course we all know that most of the Dashes were a complete disaster, the regular, second edition and sparkly versions- all had super sloppy painted tails and manes. 

I'm not saying it's impossible to find nice looking Funkos- but their track record so far has not been great.   If that has changed with the very last wave, well I can just say that I hope you are right but I won't hold my breath.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram

Well if they fixed the last wave that's news to me and great-  because I have had a LOT of quality problems with nearly all the Funkos I have bought.  I bought like 10-15 each of Lyra, Spitfire, Sweetie Drops and Pinkie (to get sparkles)- and only like two out of each lot looked good- the rest had some serious problems (mostly off-kilter eyes).  Also nearly all of my sparkly ponies have really large glue drips and marks - the worst being Octavia and DJ.   Of course we all know that most of the Dashes were a complete disaster, the regular, second edition and sparkly versions- all had super sloppy painted tails and manes. 

I'm not saying it's impossible to find nice looking Funkos- but their track record so far has not been great.   If that has changed with the very last wave, well I can just say that I hope you are right but I won't hold my breath.

What's funny is my glitter DJ is so perfect better than my regular one haha, and I had lots to pick from.. Sweetie Drops and Spitfire had the most issues I would say. I would say yea many do have minor flaws, but most are fine I guess, I do think they need to work on improving them so they are better quality all around rather than having to pick out the best one! The eyelashes on Twilight don't have the best placement on many, and finding perfect stars on Trixie may have been a little tricky, but I would say they were improved from the last few waves. I think the next wave looks promising, not too much that can have errors anyways you know.

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal