collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Families You've Created  (Read 1712 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Pony Families You've Created
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:19:56 AM »
I know we all have done this at some point with our ponies!

I recently got a G4 Cupcake (thanks Aednatia!) and immediately designated her as Mrs. Cake's niece...

So, fess up!  What family trees or couples have you created?  If you have pics, post 'em :)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Families You've Created
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:33:08 AM »
:) I made lots of pony families in my younger days that I still hold to today. One of my favorites was Salty and Bouncy, and their children Steamer, Baby Paws, Baby Bouncy, and Noodles. Salty was a sea merchant, and he and Steamer (apprentice) would often be away. During the game their nephew Ribbs would come to join them, and a mysterious baby (Tumbleweed, played by my sister) would wander into town and be adopted by them.

I had a movie version Firefly who was mom to the original Firefly (who was a tempestuous young adult in my version) and Sprinkles, who I imagined to be a boy and Firefly's twin, and Baby Firefly.

Moondancer was married to Sunbeam, who I thought was male after being influenced by Moondancer's Dream (great website that no longer is updated), and they had, of course, Baby Moondancer and then Baby Frosting, Sunbeam's younger brother.

Moondancer was a middle child in the royal family. (Wow, this is getting long . . . ) Majesty was the oldest, then Glory, then Moondancer, then Sparkler.

And Glory was married to another Glory (Glorio, I called him :biggrin:), and they had G2 Silver Swirl (a stereotypical teenager), pearly Baby Glory (always sweet and wise), Baby Glory (my favorite at the time), and Baby Dangles (a brat who Baby Glory never got along with). Actually, in some ways that family is reminding me suddenly of Little Women, which I had read at the time . . . pearly Baby Glory is like Beth, and Baby Glory is like Jo, and Dangles is like Amy . . . Anyway, I ramble. :)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 08:37:46 AM »
:) I made lots of pony families in my younger days that I still hold to today. One of my favorites was Salty and Bouncy, and their children Steamer, Baby Paws, Baby Bouncy, and Noodles. Salty was a sea merchant, and he and Steamer (apprentice) would often be away. During the game their nephew Ribbs would come to join them, and a mysterious baby (Tumbleweed, played by my sister) would wander into town and be adopted by them.

I had a movie version Firefly who was mom to the original Firefly (who was a tempestuous young adult in my version) and Sprinkles, who I imagined to be a boy and Firefly's twin, and Baby Firefly.

Moondancer was married to Sunbeam, who I thought was male after being influenced by Moondancer's Dream (great website that no longer is updated), and they had, of course, Baby Moondancer and then Baby Frosting, Sunbeam's younger brother.

Moondancer was a middle child in the royal family. (Wow, this is getting long . . . ) Majesty was the oldest, then Glory, then Moondancer, then Sparkler.

And Glory was married to another Glory (Glorio, I called him :biggrin:), and they had G2 Silver Swirl (a stereotypical teenager), pearly Baby Glory (always sweet and wise), Baby Glory (my favorite at the time), and Baby Dangles (a brat who Baby Glory never got along with). Actually, in some ways that family is reminding me suddenly of Little Women, which I had read at the time . . . pearly Baby Glory is like Beth, and Baby Glory is like Jo, and Dangles is like Amy . . . Anyway, I ramble. :)

Your stories are glorio-us!  Love them!  I kinda-sorta remember the Salty/Bouncy pairing.  Did you ever post pictures of them?  Or of Salty and Steamer going off for a maritime adventure?  It's just so familiar, but I can't remember if you posted this before or someone else!

Sunbeam's totally a guy.  Now that you said it, I can see it!

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 09:33:41 AM »
Well all my G2's are basically 6 royal families so I spare you that :silly: And maybe I'll just share some cute pictures (and stories) of my faves, okay? :heart:

I'll start with those two who I no longer have but miss dearly. They were such a lovely couple... One day I need to reunite them.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Tropical pony family~

My most favorite one and my first G1 pony family is the one consisting of Tex, Hula Hula and Baby Explorer. They are just perfect for each other!

My first Tex had been a present from my first swap partner, Fingerpaints and he came with Tootie Tails, so immediately they became brother and sister. And since I have also Sunburst, those three are are a family in my eyes too :) And let's not forget the youngest of the siblings: Sunset Desert Tex, my lovely alternate rehaired boy.

Tootie is married to Salty and they together have lovely children: Sunglory (who is missing from my collection) and Baby Pineapple. Sunburst is married to Seabreeze and has baby Unicron with her - Baby Beachball. Salty's brother, Barnacle is happily in a relationship with Pina Colada and has a quite big family with her: Alternate green-colored Pina Colada, Sunsplasher and Sunglory and the youngest one: Baby Palm Tree. (I'll will be having more family members for them too, as Saja put aside for me two more alternate rehairs of the SHS sisters :heart: ) Desert Tex is dating Waverunner :heart:

Let's get to my G2's then :D As I said, I'll spare you the stories and a whole lot of drama...

And focus on pics :heart:

(babies Rumba and Samba now belong to a completely different couple though!)

(^ this is probably my oldest pony couple :heart: )

And here are some cross-generational siblings :heart:

(Psssst: That Silver Glow is a boy in my heard, happily married to Princess Silver Siwrl and they have quite a lot of teenaged offsprings :lookround: Here I have a pic from they had a period of being the king and queen:

)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 11:08:49 AM »
I just have photos of one of my "Pony Power Couples"

Skyflier and Wigwam... :inlove:

Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 11:19:13 AM »
I love these threads! Unfortunately I dont actually do this with my collection but its always adorable to see the little families others create.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 11:31:02 AM »
OH i did this all of the time!!
hehe I loved doing this.

Heh i still do this!!

When i was a kid.. Glory and Sparkler were sisters...  moon dust and primrose were sisters because they were the princess'
galaxy and Speedy( he was the boy.. what hes orange!!) were a couple.
and there were lots of others..
I do this now too..
all of the shy pegasus pose pegs are sisters..
DJ powder and sky flier were all triplets.
its so much fun!

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 12:39:24 PM »
I've had so many families over the years some that switched out regularly and others that always stayed the same. My Tex, who a friend and I dubbed Marty after a character in a book we'd both read, was always the older brother to Clipper, Big Top, and Toppy, though he was never married he was a very big part of the dating scene though he was mostly boyfriend to either TAF Yum Yum (who also dated 4Speed) or Princess Tiffany. And Barnacle was Drummer's brother or father depending on the day and was often married to Popcorn (Caramel Crunch). Twilight who was the first boy of my herd was Windy's brother and was sweet on pretty much every girl though none of them liked him as more than a brother type.
And thanks to Valerie when I finally got Fingerpaints he was immediately paired with my Strawberry Swirl. XD
I know there are many I'm not remembering but its been years since I thought about the lives of most of my ponies.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 07:50:47 PM »
I have lots of G1 families. In fact I usually make up a backstory or connection between ponies that I don't have, and they become the next ones that I aim to collect. I like all new ponies to have a friend/family member/partner to connect with as soon as they join the herd. :lol:

Spoiler
Tex and Dancing Butterflies are partners, their child is G4 Fluttershy.

Fizzy is the mother of G4 Minty.

Snuzzle is the mother of Baby Cuddles.

Kiss Curl is the elder brother of Posey.

Newborn Shaggy is the elder brother of Newborn Tappy.

Love Story (male), Milky Way (white star version) and Shining Way (silver star version) are partners. Their children are the four Baby Embers, Baby Blue Ribbon, and both versions of Baby Milky Way.

The "white unicorn" family - Moondancer, Majesty and Glory are sisters. Baby Moonie and Baby Glory have their respective mothers. BnG Bouquet is auntie to the MMG sisters. Bouquet has twin sons Rattles and Tattles. Gusty is cousin to MMG and has her daughter Baby Gusty.

The "pink and blue" menagerie - SS Buttons and SS Bangles are fraternal twins. Daddy Bright Bouquet is their cousin, and by extension Mommy/Brother/Sister BB are their in-laws. Bangles is partnered to Coco Berry (male), and their babies are Li'l Cupcake and Li'l Sweetcake. Buttons is partnered to Wind Whistler and they have Baby Pictures. Bow Tie is WW's aunt, and she has Baby Bow Tie.

Year 5 UK Princess Ponies are siblings with the Mountain Boys. The MBs obtained eggs and hatched the dragon friends for their sisters:

Spoiler
Princess Tiffany/Pearl and her dragon Fiery are related to Lightning, and their backcard stories even match! They're both excellent with the baby ponies.

Princess Pearl is rather a sensitive pony and her feelings can be easily hurt. The Baby Ponies love her best of all because she understands them and is always ready to comfort them if they are upset. // Lightning loves to surprise his friends by suddenly appearing beside them. Of course this makes the Baby Ponies love him because he will always play hide and seek with them.

Princess Starburst/Amber and her dragon Flash are related to Sunburst. Matching US-UK names and matching backcard personalities here too!

Princess Amber tackles life with lots of enthusiasm. // Sunburst is a cheerful pony who can always see the bright side of any situation.

Princess Serena/Aquamarine and her dragon Prickles are related to Ice Crystal. They have backcards about sharing what they love with their friends, and both water-themed too.

Princess Aquamarine loves to stand on the seashore watching the waves as they crash onto the beach. As she watches the sea, she makes up romantic stories to tell to the other ponies. // Ice Crystal loves the winter when the weather is bright and frosty. He freezes over the puddles and makes slides so his friends can play.

Princess Royal Blue/Sapphire and her dragon Smokey are related to Tornado. They're more opposite siblings, Tornado is really impatient but Sapphire is wise and extra patient to make up for it. Tornado's influence hatched her a young dragonling who's still in the process of growing up - he probably couldn't wait long enough for Smokey to hatch and rushed him right out of the egg! :lol:

Princess Sapphire is the wisest of all the Princess Ponies. She is always able to advise te others if they have a problem. Because she is the wisest Princess she has the youngest dragon, Smokey, as her attendant. Smokey doesn't always get things quite right, but Princess Sapphire is always patient with him because she knows he always tries his best. // Tornado is very impatient and he just can't wait for things to happen. The trouble is, because he can't wait for the other ponies to finish talking to him, he finishes off what they are saying.

Princess Sparkle/Amethyst and her dragon Spiny are related to Thundercloud. I can't find the backcard story for Thundercloud anywhere so I haven't made up a story for them yet, but Thundercloud is purple, and Amethyst is named after a purple gemstone and has a lavender body colour, and they both have shades of blue in their manes, so they're matchy in that respect.

Princess Primrose/Ruby and her dragon Sparks are related to Fireball. They have complimentary personalities, Ruby wants to do everything but can't quite manage, and Fireball has huge amounts of energy and helps everyone else with their unfinished tasks. His influence gave Ruby the perfect friend in Sparks, who also helps her with her half finished projects.

Princess Ruby can never make up her mind just what she wants to do next. In fact, she is so undecided that she never has the time to finish one thing before she starts the next. Her dragon, Sparks, spends all of his time following her around and finishing off the tasks which she has left uncompleted. // Fireball is always dashing about trying to do things in a hurry. Because he has so much energy he often helps the other ponies when they've got a lot to do.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 08:34:06 PM »
Well all my G2's are basically 6 royal families so I spare you that :silly: And maybe I'll just share some cute pictures (and stories) of my faves, okay? :heart:

I'll start with those two who I no longer have but miss dearly. They were such a lovely couple... One day I need to reunite them.

My Tropical pony family~

My most favorite one and my first G1 pony family is the one consisting of Tex, Hula Hula and Baby Explorer. They are just perfect for each other!

My first Tex had been a present from my first swap partner, Fingerpaints and he came with Tootie Tails, so immediately they became brother and sister. And since I have also Sunburst, those three are are a family in my eyes too :) And let's not forget the youngest of the siblings: Sunset Desert Tex, my lovely alternate rehaired boy.

Tootie is married to Salty and they together have lovely children: Sunglory (who is missing from my collection) and Baby Pineapple. Sunburst is married to Seabreeze and has baby Unicron with her - Baby Beachball. Salty's brother, Barnacle is happily in a relationship with Pina Colada and has a quite big family with her: Alternate green-colored Pina Colada, Sunsplasher and Sunglory and the youngest one: Baby Palm Tree. (I'll will be having more family members for them too, as Saja put aside for me two more alternate rehairs of the SHS sisters :heart: ) Desert Tex is dating Waverunner :heart:

Let's get to my G2's then :D As I said, I'll spare you the stories and a whole lot of drama...

And focus on pics :heart:

(babies Rumba and Samba now belong to a completely different couple though!)

(^ this is probably my oldest pony couple :heart: )

And here are some cross-generational siblings :heart:

(Psssst: That Silver Glow is a boy in my heard, happily married to Princess Silver Siwrl and they have quite a lot of teenaged offsprings :lookround: Here I have a pic from they had a period of being the king and queen:

)

Awesome pics :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 01:01:14 AM »
 ;) ;) so great families and pics!!!
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

svetilda

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 01:16:58 AM »
In my DD's herd Baby Surprise has a sister - one of the Valentines Babies. Their mommy is Surprise and daddy is Wind Whistler. Steamer is a daddy of Babby Paws (they don't have a mommy). And one of the Lalaloopsie's Pony is a mommy of 2 Pinkie Pies (this family misses a daddy).

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 08:33:11 AM »
The families my sister and I created matched mane and body color, like hasbro did with the mommy/baby matches. Species and symbols didn't matter, but if they were related that was a bonus. My ultimate favorite family we created was Posey's. She and Tex were sweethearts from foalhood, and started a family when they were young adults- so now being middle aged, they have some adult children and some youngsters still at home. (And to be frank, all the other mares were a little jealous because let's face it, Tex is such a dreamboat!)

Posey and Tex's first daughter, Rosedust, was always a very aloof and independent child, and drifted away from home when she was quite young (eventually founding Flutter Valley). Sky Skimmer and several other baby ponies were struck by a terrible plague and quarantined for years. They eventually rejoined the main herd, but due to the effects of disease were mutated and disfigured- gaunt and underdeveloped. The other kids enjoyed lasting love in a safe and happy family!

Royalty oft begets royalty, and these moms and daughters were no exception.

In our reality, all pony generations exist at the same time. The G2 and G1 pony families were contemporaries- they happened in the same time. Just like how Flutter Valley was "discovered" by regular earth/peg/unicorn ponies, the G3 ponies were discovered near Dream Valley. This time the new ponies lived up the mountains, in alpine meadows. They were adapted to the altitude and colder climes, having stockier, shorter frames than the ponies living in the valleys.

Well, I could go on! To be continued in the fanfic that is my imagination and yours!

Love, ponyqueen

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 09:58:32 AM »
Barnacle and Waterfire are brother and sister in my mind

G1 AJ and Tex are a couple, as are G1 Wigwam and Cherries Jubilee

And I had a sort of excessive plot of my G2 Princesses,

Like Clever Clover who is missing an eye due to returned from a quest to be reunited with Morning Glory, whose sister is Ivy. And Silver Swirl is the royal advisor training up Crystal a pony with the gift of foresight and then Trixibelle appears to be a simple jester/bard but is actually a trained protector

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Gusty365

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • The MLP Series Resource
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 10:09:33 AM »
Growing up all my pony families (child of inbetween G1-G2 but mostly had inherited G1s) were created based on color. They all had a "mom" that ran the household (who was literally called "yellow mom") and then tons and tons of kids.

I remember the yellow mom was Twinkle Dancer, white mom was Pretty Puff, blue mom was Secret Beauty, orange mom was Sunspasher. I can't remember who pink mom or purple mom were but they might have been the two eyelash princesses as I know we had both. The Green family was just g2 Ivy and G1 Peppermint crunch so they were sisters who took care of three G2 Mcdonalds Ivys.

We had a few couples but the only one I can remember was Confetti (who was male in my herd) and Swinger.

A more recent "family pairing" has been Hippity Hop and Noodles for me. I got them in the same lot and something about them just made them feel like sisters, it disrupts the order of my shelves but I keep them together.

Click to go to the MLP Series Resource!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal