collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help with sunfading from other European ponies  (Read 323 times)

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
Need help with sunfading from other European ponies
« on: April 10, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »
As you can see form the information under my avatar, I'm from Poland, so I'm especially calling out to all pony collectors from neighboring countries - if you had any luck with sunfading, could you give me some advice or tips on how to do it successfully? I've tried many times, both in summer and winter, but it never worked on me - not even one mark faded, no white pony got rid of the yellowing, absolutely nothing happened :(

Am I doing something wrong? Should the pony be facing the sun from a certain direction? Should I leave it outside my window? Or is it just impossible in this region? :(

Please help me out if you can  :sad:

Offline Falconaitae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with sunfading from other European ponies
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 12:05:17 PM »
My guess is that it's UV radiation, that does the job, and this is strongest during summer and around midday times. Also it's strongest around the equator, so in countries furhter towards north (Poland^^) you might be less lucky.
Anyway I never sunfaded any pony myself, so i'm speaking theoretically, but... if you substract all the magic and voodoo stuff, you just want to do it when, and where the sun radiation is strongest :)
My pony blog
It's better to be a famous drunkard, than an anonymous alcoholic

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 12:32:27 PM »
Tiny you are doing everything perfectly but it sounds like the sun isn't strong enough. I sun fade ponies from inside a window but i have put them outside on really hot days with no wind as well.

If you ever want to send your ponies on a trip you are welcome to send them here and I can sunfade them for you (sunfading works really well here, in summer yellowed ponies turn white with 3 days max)

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:51:06 PM »
I sunfaded a few here, but it takes aaaaaages. The weather here is mostly meh...so ^^"
But just have patience... a ... lot... of... it :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 03:12:59 PM »
Like you I am not in a country which ever basks in the sunlight. I have been sunfading a Spunky for 2 years come this summer and she still has a long way to go to get rid of the mark. But there is a difference since I first started - enough that I am keeping on going. Fading is down to UV exposure and while we are fortunate in this part of the world not to be exposed to the more intense UV rays that some of the rest of the world gets, it means its not good for sunfading ponies. Sometimes leaving the pony at the base of a windscreen in a car or surrounded on all sides by mirrors in order to intensify the rays will help things along.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 11:21:49 PM »
Thanks everyone! It's good to know I'm not alone in this and that it isn't because I'm doing something wrong. I got discouraged when I left one of my ponies, all wrapped out in the sun for a whole summer and nothing happened.

nhal, I will love to send you some ponies for sunbathing sometime in the future then :) Thank you for your kind offer :hug:

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 01:22:59 AM »
I've successfully sunfaded ponies in Sweden (even further north), on the inside of windows. I think it depends on the stains, really. I once tried sunfading a poor baby brother full of pink highlighter (yes it was highlighter, not regrind) and it only helped some... he was in that window for over a YEAR. I've also sunfaded normal ink (like kid's ink pens) from ponies within a week. I had this Minty on whom someone had wroten "DIE"... O-o
ANyway. Try putting the pony outside. Maybe you have UV-protected windows?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal