collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BJD orders- Wait Times  (Read 6161 times)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
BJD orders- Wait Times
« on: April 04, 2014, 09:52:39 AM »
I am not a patient pony. Not by far. But getting into the doll community has learned me a bit more patience in the past couple of years. I have ordered direct from the producing companies a couple of times and have never keeled over in impatience.

But, I feel like I'm heading in that direction waiting for my current "DollZone" dolly, Eudora ordered end of November. And hearing the news that their sister company "Doll Chateau" is not expecting to ship December orders for possibly another month has me thinking that I might be in for my first six month waiting period. It's maddening and I'm wondering if my recent DC March order will also be as delayed.

So, tell me about your longest waiting periods and How Did You Not Go Nutsy?! :silly: I am sure that a six month waiting period in the BJD community is not that uncommon or unheard of, I've just never experienced wait times like that myself. Thoughts?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: BJD orders- Wait Times
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 09:55:57 AM »
That my love is why I don't preorder. If they're not in stock or I can't get them second hand I don't buy. I soooo don't have the patience to wait.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 11:27:35 AM »
The longest I have waited for a BJD was around two years, but it was from a friend who makes BJD's herself and there was a lot of hassle with that doll. But, as she is a artist doll and my friend's first doll ever I was prepared to wait a long time. What I didn't expect was that my friend didn't manage to send her to me before her studies in Japan that took a year. Now I am waiting for another doll (full custom, special resin color and all) from this same friend of mine and most likely that little dolly will take her sweet time to become ready, too XD

Not including European artist dolls, the longest I have waited for a BJD was my Dollshe Saint from... 2011 or 2010? I waited for him for 11 months. This was back when they had their first sale of the Pure body dolls, so they got orders more than they could manage.

So far I haven't been overly stressed with how long I have to wait for dolls. Some take long time, some take less time. Logic is my friend when I get antsy about some doll in waiting: I remind myself of the whole process it takes to create these dolls and that the companies making these gorgeous things are often small and don't have lots of workers and so on. The real trouble for me starts when I get the shipping notification, then I can't sit still and I refresh the tracking page all the time until the doll is home... XD

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:33:47 AM »
I think the approximate wait for Marina to even start on an Enchanted Doll is 2 years...  I've been on the list for ten months.  Not sure if that counts though, since it is more of a wait to be considered when she feels like making a doll again, and you might not actually get a doll at all (or you could change your mind) during the wait...

I waited almost 3 months for my Pippos Cheshire after paying.  It felt like forever and I got very nervous towards the end because they don't have a very good way of communicating, and the site said the doll would arrive in 60 days.

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 11:37:05 AM »
That my love is why I don't preorder. If they're not in stock or I can't get them second hand I don't buy. I soooo don't have the patience to wait.

Yahbut, nine out of ten times the doll that I want is an LE and I just refuse to pay the mark-ups when they start coming up for sale on the boards. XD Patience, patience, patience is a virtue.

The longest I have waited for a BJD was around two years, but it was from a friend who makes BJD's herself and there was a lot of hassle with that doll.

Wo-oooowwww! Now THAT is a heck of a wait!!! :faint: I'd love to see pictures of that doll!

The real trouble for me starts when I get the shipping notification, then I can't sit still and I refresh the tracking page all the time until the doll is home... XD

I gotta big giggle outta that. Thanks, I needed it!! :D

Galactica, that would drive me crazy wanting a doll and not knowing if I'd ever get it!!!! :crazy:

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 12:53:56 PM »
Just finished waiting five months for my Yul Satyresse. She is currently in the mail and won't be here til monday. I have to wait the weekend out. I am going nuts.

I am also waiting fro my Eudora. DDE said she should be in the enxt shipment, but they don't know when it will be shipped. This wait isn't so bad for me so far, though, as I don't need her character in my family right away, but I AM starting to get excited now that Hannaliten posted a pic of hers, gosh.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 01:01:02 PM »
I'm at almost 4 months for my Yul, and it looks like it might be a bit more.  It's the longest I've had to wait, all of my others have been second hand.  I check my email multiple times a day, and I'm subscribed to the waiting room on DOA, and I get all excited when someone posts to it.  I really should stop subjecting myself to that torture lol.

I'm also considering putting an Ayaliz on a 6 month layaway, but at least with that I know I have to wait that long purely because I'm still paying for it XD

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »
I hate waiting!  I usually buy 2nd hand or in stock from DDE, but I REEEEALLY want a girl 5stardoll Quintus...so I ordered her through DDE just because it was easier than ordering through the 5SD site.  I'm at 22 weeks waiting....gah.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 03:55:38 PM »
I waited eleven months for my Volks Dollfie Dream Saber Extra and Alter II, not exactly bjds but they decided to do an open preorder for them versus a lottery like they normally do so many people ordered some people didn't their dolls for over a year. Normally lottery dolls take two-three months when I've ordered them from VolksUSA though they have been a lot quicker from Volks Japan.

Fairyland waits have been roughly three to four months for me, I've ordered like twelve dolls from them via Denverdoll.

Latidoll oh lati, I love your little dolls but the waits T_T. I ordered two dolls from their late June/early July event they arrived the first week of March. I'm currently waiting on a doll from the October event at this rate she might get here by May?

Luts ordered one doll a tiny delf centaur and it arrived in exactly two months.

I think just about everything else I've bought bjd-wise has been secondhand either from DoA, eBay, the yahoo Lati adoption group or Yahoo Japan.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 04:21:36 PM »
I'm sooo terrible at waiting  >_< I have a SOOM Happy on layaway and I'm not expecting her till June or July at the earliest  auughh. I feel like it's best to just forget about her for the time being.

I have another month and a half on my tinytaur body and thats killing me right now.

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 04:51:43 PM »
Seconding on Lati - I was prepared for a long wait on limited editions but I ordered 2 basic dolls over 5 months ago and still nothing. They can't even give me an estimate on when they will be ready.

The worst part is when you go check out the DoA waiting rooms there are people who ordered 2 basic dolls WEEKS after me who received their dolls in January :yikes:
Come visit my blog!

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 05:20:15 PM »
I have ordered LoongSoul dolls three times through Mint on Card, LoongSoul has a history of long wait times. I waited at least six months for the two dolls I have at home from them and the centaur I have on layway I just made my 4th monthly payment and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get my doll till late summer/early fall.

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 07:56:08 PM »
I think the longest I've waited for a doll alone was 5 months from Angelheim (back when they were still an independent thing).  I waited 6 months for a Dollzone doll once, but that was because I'd ordered it from a dealer along with special order clothing from a different company and it was the outfit that took that long.

Blog

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »
I think I waited about 6 months for my Daisy Dayes baby centaur.  Completely worth it.  I also waited 2-3 months for my Luts tiny centaurs.  And... now I'm waiting on a LittleFee Rose from Fairyland.  It's so hard! I don't think experience with waiting makes waiting any more fun.

Usually during the wait time I look up wigs, outfits and eyes... and pictures.  Lots and lots of pictures. 

Seconding on Lati - I was prepared for a long wait on limited editions but I ordered 2 basic dolls over 5 months ago and still nothing. They can't even give me an estimate on when they will be ready.

The worst part is when you go check out the DoA waiting rooms there are people who ordered 2 basic dolls WEEKS after me who received their dolls in January :yikes:
Oh geez!   Yea, that would be upsetting.  I've heard LATI's wait times were crazy long and random.  But their dolls are so cute!  I don't think I can resist much longer.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 08:17:08 PM »
I waited nearly a year for my first doll. Last spring i preordered a doll leaves tiny through moc, I think in May. It wasn't until October that they finally told us the order had gone missing. So i buy a refund and ordered an IslandDoll that they had in stock on a short layaway. I paid her off in December, but she also went missing in the mail. In January i ordered thru a dealer on eBay, and she finally arrived a week or so ago. While most of my waits haven't been for a story long time, all the issues with the post had added up, lol. At least my girl wad worth the wait. :-D ♥

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal