collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Authors you love...  (Read 608 times)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Authors you love...
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 12:18:51 AM »
Diana Gabaldon - Outlander Series.  These have to be my favourite books of all time

Jackie Collins - Okay, I know she writes light-weight trash but I enjoy that trash!  My favourite is her Lucky Santangelo series :)

I was once a fan of Charlaine Harris and her Sookie Stackhouse series, but the final book left me so disappointed that I am now a very disgruntled ex-fan.

Offline ladyfenrir

• Trade Count: (+139)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ladyfenrir/
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2014, 03:56:05 PM »
some of my favorites...

j.r.r. tolkien - I grew up with his works and to me, reading them is like "going home".
jk rowling - harry potter, need I say more?
margit sandemo - the legend of the icepeople, a series of 47 books that i can read over and over!
neil gaiman, carlos ruiz zafón, tove jansson, etc...
~*~ladyfenrir's G1 wish list~*~

Formerly known as "svarta-perlan"

megsaroni88

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2014, 04:45:10 PM »
Anne McCaffrey is my absolute favorite, dating back to when I was in junior high and read anything that had dragons in it  ;) but I also enjoy Mercedes Lackey, James Patterson, Tanith Lee, Garth Nix and a thousand more! My mother is a junior high librarian, and she feeds my YA appetite so I've read so many it's hard to say them all. I didn't like the Hunger Games, but I did like Twilight. I'll try anything dragons, like I said, as well as magic, vampires, and mythical stuff. And I love L. Frank Baum, once I started reading the Oz books, I can't even watch the movie anymore, it's all wrong! LOL

Now I better stop or I'll really begin to ramble... :blush:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:50:50 PM by megsaroni88 »

flyawayraven

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2014, 05:06:59 PM »
Anne McCaffrey is my absolute favorite, dating back to when I was in junior high and read anything that had dragons in it  ;) but I also enjoy Mercedes Lackey, James Patterson, Tanith Lee, Garth Nix and a thousand more! My mother is a junior high librarian, and she feeds my YA appetite so I've read so many it's hard to say them all. I didn't like the Hunger Games, but I did like Twilight. I'll try anything dragons, like I said, as well as magic, vampires, and mythical stuff. And I love L. Frank Baum, once I started reading the Oz books, I can't even watch the movie anymore, it's all wrong! LOL

Now I better stop or I'll really begin to ramble... :blush:

Yay another Tanith Lee fan! :D

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2014, 12:36:10 AM »
I don't read a lot of series, mostly individual books. Steinbeck is always a favorite- To a God Unknown is my fav of his but I like all his works, Anthony Burgess, Richard Adams, Radclyffe Hall, Jonathan Safran Foer, Torey Hayden, Anna Lee Waldo.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:41:32 AM by HavACrumpet452 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Emerald Treasure

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2014, 07:46:30 AM »
Bethany Wiggins, James Harriot, T. L. Shreffler, and Erin Hunter to name a few previously unmentioned.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal