collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Dolls Thread #2  (Read 86890 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Dolls Thread #2
« Reply #1185 on: October 19, 2015, 06:57:53 PM »
My hubby is absolutely amazing and surprised me with D23 Red Jasmine for our wedding anniversary on Saturday! *O*

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She caught me completely by surprise! I am just so ecstatic to have her. He picked out a perfect Jasmine! <3

I really need to not spend money, but if I get a chance to get the new fairy tale designer Ursula I might have to jump on it. Incidentally, if anyone is looking to get Ariel and doesn't want Ursula... ya know.. just sayin' ;)

Having never tried to nab one of the limited beauties before, is there a set time they typically become available online on the online release date?
The dolls go online at 12AM PST the night of their release. Otherwise you can try and get her in stores during the afternoon raffle. You can put your name in between 12 and 1 and they start drawing names around 1:10.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1186 on: October 19, 2015, 07:26:58 PM »
Sadly I can't get to a store as its during work. I could potentially stay up late enough to try online though!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 20, 2015, 04:23:09 AM »
Love that red Jasmine! she is gorgeous! :lovey:  huge congrats!! :cheer:  :frolic:  :accomplished:
↑Eeeeek she is still so cute!!!!! x3 Which number did you get!? Congrats on them! I realllly wanted this set but I passed- Im really regretting it now! I stare at her in DS on display and im kicking myself in the inside xS At least huby can go after Hans and Elsa for me at the other DS!

Hobby or obsession, huh? I woukd have came out and said  Im "obsessed" withvmy "hobby"! xD Nah who am I kidding lol  im obsessed especially when its Disney LE doll season I will save up money to by eating nothing but ramen or sandwhiches...... *this is the sad truth* Most of my conversations with husband will be like:

Him: "Hey, how about we go out t-- "
Me: "Nope. Dolls."
(end of conversation back to silence)

Then me immedietly after I get the last doll I want:
"Chineeeese Buuuuuuuffffffeeeeeet!!! LETS GO!"

*giggles @ conversations with hubby* :lmao:  :rofl: :haha:   :hifive:
I'm going after the rest of the Frozen LE dolls so I may have to adopt your strategy..well... at least to some extent :P *loves my food*
Hmm Rapunzel /Gothel set is on display now (and I cant make the effort to go upstairs and check right this second :blush: ) but they are number five thousand six hundred and something ... (I spelled it out as I cant remember the last 2 figures. I'll check later ;) )

did anyone get the Ariel/Ursula set today? I passed as I had to restrict my collections to Tangled and Frozen- but I think they looked awesome. I'd love to see RL pics if anyone here got them  :heart:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 20, 2015, 05:42:50 AM »
I'm hoping to try and get them at the store today! I really should'nt since I could use that money towards my wedding dress. But if I don't buy them at retail that's the only way I'll be able to get them since the prices always go way up. Plus I have the other two, the Ariel and Eric set and singular Ariel so I have to have the Ariel and Ursula set right? Lol, plus I totally missed out on the singular Ariel as a mermaid thanks to being sleep deprived and dealing with a newborn at the time she was released. So I'm really hoping I'll get lucky again and be able to get this set. My aunt is going with me to increase my chances since I was one of the last three people to get an Ariel and Eric set last time. I'll defiantly post pics if I managed to get them :)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1189 on: October 20, 2015, 06:06:31 AM »
^Oooo wedding dress!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! \(◎o◎)/ haha I still have to find one for me before I renew my vows in a few years, but Disney keeps releasing cool stuff.

I think today I am going to pass on Ariel because The rest of my moolah for this paycheck is going for all of 4 of the LE Frozen dolls online! Gaaah husband said he will try to get me Elsa and Hans in the raffle. Since he is going to a different DS he can use "our" card for our joint account! heehee! =P

Im serious, that is literally our conversations when its near a doll release. OMG trust me Ringlets I love food too! After the FF dolls are released Im bindge eating the greasiest food I crave at the time. I literally havnt bought anything myself since the Bluray for Aladdin! As far as food im all ramen-ed up. Husband bought me the generic multivitamins because hes blaming my random hair loss over zinc deficiency but its honestly because im stressing over wanting all 4 Frozen dolls!!! I want ALL FOUR! This is what I get for working at the DS! I have to depend on husband and online as a backup. Aaarg I want to sit in line and buy them myself! I work in an hour....I wanna spy and see if we got the FF dolls! @www@ *is going crazy*
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:10:27 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1190 on: October 20, 2015, 08:28:42 AM »
I just blew $200 on show tickets, soooo I guess I'd better pass on Ursula :(

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 20, 2015, 10:48:58 AM »
Oooh so jealous of your red Jasmine! She's stunning, what a great hubby :D

I love how thick Jasmine's hair looks :) I wish they had made Rapunzel's hair just a tad thicker and longer XD

Him: "Hey, how about we go out t-- "
Me: "Nope. Dolls."
(end of conversation back to silence)

Then me immedietly after I get the last doll I want:
"Chineeeese Buuuuuuuffffffeeeeeet!!! LETS GO!"

:lmao: Sounds like me! My sister wanted to eat out the other day and I was like, "Nope. Gotta save for my dolls." Dolls first, food later XD
My Wish List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 20, 2015, 03:37:46 PM »
Ariel is my favorite princess. I didn't know the Ariel and Ursula set went on sale today. :( Oh well. I didn't have the money to spend on them anyway but I'd also like to see pics.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline PrincessTiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 20, 2015, 04:09:49 PM »
Well I got them!!!! Even with my two aunts with me I got the second to the last set. My store got in 15 sets, and I was starting to think we wouldn't get called, especially since some people with a big group like mine were getting more than one, kinda not fair but oh well. I was so nervous!!! Here's some quick car pics

I know some people have opened these, are they difficult to open? I've never done it or had the need to, but if it's not too difficult I might open mine and try to tame some of their hair. Problem with being one of the last to pick is getting the less nice ones, my poor sleeve is so beat up but that's ok. I really just want to try and get the extra lashes or whatever the black fibers are in Ariel's hairline off. And push Ursula's earring in since it looks like it's going to fall off.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:11:59 PM by PrincessTiffy »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 20, 2015, 07:09:18 PM »
Congrats Ariel is so pretty. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Princess Lala

« Reply #1195 on: October 21, 2015, 05:01:52 AM »
Ooooooooooooo congrats on everyone's dolls!!!!!Just saw a ton of pictures load up my phone didn't load before!

15 sets!? We only had 11! @-@

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 21, 2015, 05:20:26 AM »
Those are gorgeous! sooo pretty!!! again much better than DS pics! massive congrats!!! :cheer:  :dribble:  :frolic: 

I haven't ever taken any of mine out of those boxes.. I did want to slide my Rapunzel/Flynn sets box up a bit to try and squeeze my hand in and move him a little nearer to the front if I could... but it was really hard to make the top move even a little bit and I didn't want to risk taking it off incase I couldn't get it back on :blush:  If anyone does know a good way of doing that..or if its easy to get the top back on - then I'd love to know  :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline PrincessTiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 21, 2015, 06:33:57 AM »
Thank you guys! Yea, and last time with the Ariel and Eric set If I remember right, my store got in 25!!!

I did find some YouTube videos showing how to do it. The two tabs underneath are the only thing holding the case in place, I thought there would be more lol. You have to gently pull down on them to release it. They said you would hear a loud click letting you know it has been released but mine didn't. I just very slowly and gently pulled to release and slide the case off. The most difficult part is sliding it all the way off and trying to not damage the cardboard since there are little tabs inside holding it in place. Mine was already a little damaged so it was hard to see if anything actually happened from me pulling it out. And I guess some of the cases will reseal themselves and others won't, so just need to be careful handling it after if you decide to open it. I'm hoping mine will since I never heard the click, maybe it wasn't fully sealed to begin with. I thought it would be more difficult but I think I just got lucky. It was a little scary, but I just went really slow. Oh and I'm kinda pissed since when I went to push Ursula's earring back in it broke!!! I barely touched the thing!!! So know I'm gonna have to put a little bit of glue on her ear and maybe her face since the part inside her ear fell inside her and I don't think the little end that's now her earring post will stay in her hole :(

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1198 on: October 21, 2015, 07:25:22 AM »
*whines* they're still up on the website. I was hoping they'd sell out so I wouldn't have to see them and be tempted. Ursula is calling to me!

karin_h

« Reply #1199 on: October 21, 2015, 07:36:29 AM »
Thank you guys! Yea, and last time with the Ariel and Eric set If I remember right, my store got in 25!!!

I did find some YouTube videos showing how to do it. The two tabs underneath are the only thing holding the case in place, I thought there would be more lol. You have to gently pull down on them to release it. They said you would hear a loud click letting you know it has been released but mine didn't. I just very slowly and gently pulled to release and slide the case off. The most difficult part is sliding it all the way off and trying to not damage the cardboard since there are little tabs inside holding it in place. Mine was already a little damaged so it was hard to see if anything actually happened from me pulling it out. And I guess some of the cases will reseal themselves and others won't, so just need to be careful handling it after if you decide to open it. I'm hoping mine will since I never heard the click, maybe it wasn't fully sealed to begin with. I thought it would be more difficult but I think I just got lucky. It was a little scary, but I just went really slow. Oh and I'm kinda pissed since when I went to push Ursula's earring back in it broke!!! I barely touched the thing!!! So know I'm gonna have to put a little bit of glue on her ear and maybe her face since the part inside her ear fell inside her and I don't think the little end that's now her earring post will stay in her hole :(

You should send an email to DS about that, that's pretty messed up, even if they can't exchange her, they will probably offer you a gift card for $15-$25 bucks that you use in the future :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal