collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wrote Hasbro about their crap QC--will you help me?  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: Wrote Hasbro about their crap QC--will you help me?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 08:52:22 AM »
I think the problem is we are all so used to the problems now. Some dirt, factory errors and poorer finish is kind of what you have to expect for what is a relatively cheap toy line after all. Personally for something as common as G4 and unlikely to hold any value in the future, I would rather spend £5 per single release than have to shell out £8 in order to get a pony which perhaps does not come with dirty marks or paint that I can easily wipe off or clean up. Its all a personal choice of course :) And I am sure you will get lots of interest - perhaps places like Tumblr as well would be good to promote your campaign on?
I highly doubt proper QC would increase the price that much.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 08:57:48 AM »
So, after finding no less than FOUR Daring Pony mini sets dirty, misprinted, and covered in globs of paint in the box, I finally got fed up. I sent them a frustrated email--I've got no illusions about the chances of anything changing, but it was cathartic to do at the very least. Will all of you help me? Maybe if all of us send complaints at once, and spread it as much as we can, we can get them to listen!

http://www.hasbro.com/customer-service/contacts/

The contact info is here. Feel free to choose any method you like! I chose to email. Thank you all!

Me and my friend(well mostly my friend,I just helped lol) wrote a letter to Hasbro UK and US last year about the bad QC, I can't remember what Hasbro UK said (I can't even remember for sure that they responded...) but Hasbro US basically just said "sorry for the issues you had with our my little pony line, we will pass your comments onto the design team" that was literally it so I don't think its a really a concern for them. I really hope you get a better response though, let us know! I agree the qc is getting pretty bad,I know the dirt/paint mishaps can usually be fixed but toys being dirty while MIB isn't really going to help attract new buyers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 10:44:14 AM »
Got a response! The rep asked for names, product codes, and date codes, so I guess I'm going back to the store.

The QC issues I'm talking about have only cropped up fairly recently ime--I'd never seen this many ponies already covered in dirt before they even leave the box. It's ridiculous.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 12:09:10 PM »
Got a response! The rep asked for names, product codes, and date codes, so I guess I'm going back to the store.

The QC issues I'm talking about have only cropped up fairly recently ime--I'd never seen this many ponies already covered in dirt before they even leave the box. It's ridiculous.

That's a good sign then if they are asking for codes - hopefully they will actually do something about it :D if you happen to get pics of any of the sets, could you post them? My Daring Pony set was pretty bad too, Twilight's wing was covered in blue splattered paint on the NDS (came off though) and Rainbow has a piece of ingrained dirt in her leg.

Offline kandipony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • "always dresses in style!"
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 03:09:43 PM »
I wish I had taken pix but just yesterday I went through about 10 basic rainbow dash dolls @ TRU and they all had grease and dirt stained faces! :/ if I see something like it again I will definitely be sure to document it and send it in to hasbro, there really is no excuse for this to be happening.

their factories must be very dirty :yucky:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:11:44 PM by kandipony »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 05:03:13 PM »
I think the problem is we are all so used to the problems now. Some dirt, factory errors and poorer finish is kind of what you have to expect for what is a relatively cheap toy line after all. Personally for something as common as G4 and unlikely to hold any value in the future, I would rather spend £5 per single release than have to shell out £8 in order to get a pony which perhaps does not come with dirty marks or paint that I can easily wipe off or clean up. Its all a personal choice of course :) And I am sure you will get lots of interest - perhaps places like Tumblr as well would be good to promote your campaign on?
I highly doubt proper QC would increase the price that much.

Unfortunately yes it does [although how much it would cost extra per unit who knows]. Because it can add extra levels to the production line as well as improving the processes involved - all of that costs more money to the manufacturer which increases the base unit price to Hasbro and that results in an added mark up on to the end consumer. Its why collector quality items, although made by the same people and off the same materials, often cost more than low end ones. Extra steps in production and extra checks to ensure its a quality item just cost more to do.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Snix

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 05:44:57 PM »
Sadly i couldnt take a photo, but the other day one friend show me a lyra with a third eye in the front.

Yes, really.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 06:03:17 PM »
Sadly i couldnt take a photo, but the other day one friend show me a lyra with a third eye in the front.

Yes, really.
want

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 06:10:23 PM »

Yes, really.
want

I know, right?

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 06:54:46 PM »

Yes, really.
She must have lived in Springfield.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 06:14:36 AM »
Heh, on a related note last week I found a EqG Twilight and SS pack in TRU... and poor Twilight's mouth had half-melted off. How unfortunate

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 02:56:15 PM »
I actually feel lucky that I found a Daring Pony set today with no real QC issues. However, the set which contains rainbowfied Applejack that I picked up has black streaks all along the back of her head, plus another gob of black paint on one of her braids. :( I never got around to sending a complaint email about it. I just decided to deal with it.

I support the idea of contacting Hasbro directly about the issue; if anything, it can't hurt.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal