collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wrote Hasbro about their crap QC--will you help me?  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Wrote Hasbro about their crap QC--will you help me?
« on: March 23, 2014, 07:18:13 PM »
So, after finding no less than FOUR Daring Pony mini sets dirty, misprinted, and covered in globs of paint in the box, I finally got fed up. I sent them a frustrated email--I've got no illusions about the chances of anything changing, but it was cathartic to do at the very least. Will all of you help me? Maybe if all of us send complaints at once, and spread it as much as we can, we can get them to listen!

http://www.hasbro.com/customer-service/contacts/

The contact info is here. Feel free to choose any method you like! I chose to email. Thank you all!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Wrote Hasbro about their crap QC--will you help me?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 07:29:52 PM »
you know, it might be worth it if a lot of people wrote in. I'm disappointed in them too =/

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 10:15:14 AM »
At this point, I'll try anything. I'm so sick of being excited to find a new item only to realize it's covered in dirt and gunk!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 10:17:45 AM »
Did you send any pictures with your complaints?

At this point, I'll try anything. I'm so sick of being excited to find a new item only to realize it's covered in dirt and gunk!

Agreed. I understand they are toys and when a kid plays with them they are likely to be damaged, but even kids want them to look nice when they first get them.

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 10:40:07 AM »
Did you send any pictures with your complaints?

Agreed. I understand they are toys and when a kid plays with them they are likely to be damaged, but even kids want them to look nice when they first get them.
No, I debated on it but decided I didn't want to wait til I could go back and get pictures. I can only really hit the toystores on the weekends.

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 10:53:40 AM »
We should complain about the quality control and the lack of new brushies. Sending pictures is a good idea. It really stinks when your pony has bad hair or paint smears, but dirt and glue is nasty and it is not safe if a small kid puts the toy in their mouth.

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 10:58:40 AM »
We should complain about the quality control and the lack of new brushies. Sending pictures is a good idea. It really stinks when your pony has bad hair or paint smears, but dirt and glue is nasty and it is not safe if a small kid puts the toy in their mouth.
Splitting our focus will lead to weakening the overall effect. I know the lack of new characters is frustrating, but since Hasbro's been trying that business model since G3, I don't think they'd be very willing to listen on that front. Their QC may be something we can achieve.

ZamuelNow

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 01:57:27 PM »
Splitting our focus will lead to weakening the overall effect. I know the lack of new characters is frustrating, but since Hasbro's been trying that business model since G3, I don't think they'd be very willing to listen on that front. Their QC may be something we can achieve.
Yeah, quality control is a genuine flaw that's not good for PR.  Companies are more likely to take heed of something like that.  Though pictures are almost required since there's no way for them to verify a claim without it.  While there's validly bad QC, there's also people out there who seek to complain for the heck of it.  There's also a good chance that they don't know how bad the problem is.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 02:00:37 PM »
You may have more luck and get more attention paid to you if you used something like good old fashioned letter writing as opposed to sending an email. Sometimes the unusual gets more attention.

Good luck with your campaign!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Snix

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 05:23:47 PM »
Claim to Hasbro don´t serve to NOTHING, i think. After certain...eeh...experiences with the G4 on the net, everyone should know perfectly this.

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 07:18:02 PM »
Why dont you just make something like a petition for there quality control?

Set out a list of what is wrong with it. HIGHLIGHT Health & Safety for children will make their ears prick up.

You could either get people to sign this at ponycon or something

or... As we are all over the world. Write out a simple letter outlining the issues. Then post it here for everyone to print out, sign it and send to their head office. (everyone send it to the same address)

You could also do names with emails but you would probably get spam emails

Or get everyone to print out the letter sign it then send it to you so you can send it to them in one big wedge.

I think sending them the same letter individual is better as they would get lots of individual mail so would have to pay attention.
Best thing to do is set a time frame when you are all going to send it so they get them all in the same week.

Just an idea ....... ^.^

Lollipop sent from her Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 07:35:31 PM »
The thing is, petitions aren't really effective in situations like this. What you need is volume, just tons of people all sending individual messages of dissatisfaction. I was hoping that this thread could be a coordination effort, so we'd all be sending our complaints at once, maybe that wasn't clear. ^^; The physical letter idea could be good, though. I'm too much a child of the internet, I didn't think of that!

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 07:42:28 PM »
Yeah so you could all do a letter at the same time.
But what you need to do is make sure your all highlighting the same points. So that's y i thought if you write out a basic letter, everyone could then write it in there own words or print it out sign it and send it in.
I would say make sure you physically sign it with a pen (its more personal then not computer generated like spam emails) you could even write out the whole thing too makes them think more

Lollipop sent from her Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 02:40:17 AM »
I think the problem is we are all so used to the problems now. Some dirt, factory errors and poorer finish is kind of what you have to expect for what is a relatively cheap toy line after all. Personally for something as common as G4 and unlikely to hold any value in the future, I would rather spend £5 per single release than have to shell out £8 in order to get a pony which perhaps does not come with dirty marks or paint that I can easily wipe off or clean up. Its all a personal choice of course :) And I am sure you will get lots of interest - perhaps places like Tumblr as well would be good to promote your campaign on?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 08:23:04 AM »
I guess I am not finding the quality to be any worse than normal? Collectors have been complaining about QC since the dawn of the interwebs and nothing has ever happened. If you can come up with an original idea to garner attention, as Cat suggested, maybe something would happen. Either way, best of luck to you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal