collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who here is into Anime!  (Read 967 times)

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Who here is into Anime!
« on: March 15, 2014, 07:00:26 PM »
I curious any Anime watcher on arena!  What was your first anime purchase? Mine was "Inuyasha"! What is your Favorites? I currently hook on " Kamasani kiss" before that toast "Black Bulter", "Fruit Basket" and "Host Club".  My favorite Charactar is Sesshomaru!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Who here is into Anime!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 07:22:46 PM »
What was your first anime purchase?

I think it was a  Rurouni Kenshin boxset. I was getting one disk at a time via netflix but that was taking forever so I ended up buying all the DVD's off Ebay.  I was working at the Grand Canyon in 2006 and there was NOTHING to do after the sun went down, except watch stuff on DVD.

What is your Favorites?
Rurouni Kenshin
Yu Yu Hakusho
Kamisama Kiss

I like the "supernatural" ones best  ^.^

My Favorite characters are:
Kenshin Himura, Kurama and Mizuki  :inlove:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 07:35:51 PM »
I'm an anime fan!
My favorite series are: Host Club, FMA, Tsuritama, Mushi Shi, Soul Eater, Trigun, and Attack on Titan
Some others that I really like are: Free!, D. Gray Man, Fruits Basket, Silver Spoon, Rurouni Kenshin, Pokemon, and many others.

I am a relatively new anime fan, but I really, really enjoy it.  I like reading manga, too.

My first anime purchase was an FMA dvd.
My Favorite characters are Tamaki (Host Club), Ed Elric (FMA), Roy Mustang (FMA), Haru (Tsuritama), Crona (Soul Eater), Vash (Trigun), Lavi (D. Gray Man), and Armin (Attack on Titan).  That list could go on and on, but I forced myself to stop before it got crazy long!  :P

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 07:51:25 PM »
I'm an anime fan who has 'sort of' grown out of it.
I don't watch it much anymore, I more or less sit back and learn through peoples fan art than watching myself these days.

My first major anime influence was Fullmetal Alchemist
Later it was OHSHC, Death Note, Chobits, Black Butler, DNAngel, Durarara!!!, Gurren Lagann, Spice & wolf, Soul Eater, and Tegami Bachi.

The only anime I today keep up with is Tiger & Bunny and I guess technically Kill La Kill and Attack on Titan (though I have not fully watched either)
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

HannahBeth333

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 08:54:11 PM »
My first buy was Inuyasha, Host Club is my favorite it cheers me up when I'm down.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 09:10:04 PM »
I used to watch anime, but I also kind of grew out of it too.  I watched basically everything that aired on cartoon network back in the day(makes me feel so old to say that!) When the new Sailor Moon comes out I will def. be watching that. <3  I probably bought some inuyasha manga at one point.  It's hard to remember.  My tastes have definitely changed over time though.

I more into manga which is close enough to Anime that who really cares about the difference?  I read maybe too much manga online but that's probably because it's more easy to consume than devoting large blocks of time to anime episodes.  <3 I follow a lot of different ones but I especially enjoy Donyatsu(never laughed so hard at chapter in my life!), Attack on Titan, anything by Ito Junji (his horror work is AMAZING), Ran to Haiiro no Sekai(the artwork is so gorgeous and the story is cute!), and shinya shokudou because it has such a relaxed and "real" quality to it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:12:00 PM by elvenwine26 »
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »
I'm a huge anime/manga fan. I'll watch pretty much anything once but for whole series' if it doesn't grab my attention by the end of the first disc I'm usually moving on to something else. I'm not sure what the first one I bought was though since I went through a time where all my money went to anime but I have the complete Cowboy Bebop series including the movie, The Slayers, Slayers Next, Slayers Try, Slayers Premium, Slayers Revolution and Slayers Evolution R, um the full Witch Hunter Robin series, and a bit of a few others. My brother and his wife and my sister Hannah also share my love of anime so between the three of us we have quite a bit.
I do know the first manga I purchased was Mars. It's probably one of my favorites and eventually I need to get online and search out the couple of books I'm missing.

As for favorite characters not sure I can narrow it down lol, but odds are if a character's English VA is Crispin Freeman I'll probably love them. xD

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 10:35:35 PM »
Ohhhh boyyyyyyy.  I would say yes. 

First anime purchase?  Probably a DIC VHS 1st English dub of Sailor Moon...  with my allowance.  :)  Then I added Ghost in the Shell.  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ranchlamb

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/iluvsassybunny/index.html
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 11:11:50 PM »
my first purchase was Sailor Moon (which I no longer have), Rurouni Kenshin.
I finally was able to purchase InuYasha including Final Act last year. InuYasha will always be my favorite. My favorite Anime movie is Howl's Moving Castle.
I have quite a few different Animes.
I'm now after the full Ranma 1/2 series.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:13:39 PM by ranchlamb »

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 02:34:00 AM »
I've never bought an anime DVD, but I do buy their respective manga :P My first manga was Sugar Sugar Rune (kinda random :lol:). The first anime I've watched with intention of watching anime was Code Geass. It was a recommendation form a friend who invited me to watch Ghibli films a few days before that :)

How did you find out about anime/manga and why do you like them?

I have known about them years before and liked their aesthetics, but for some reason never tried to find out more :shrug: Well, until that friend mentioned above introduced me to them. I instantly fell in love with colours and imagination in Spirited Away and wanted to see more of it ^.^ When saw a few different genres, I wanted to find out if Japan is really like that, went to library and read a few books and fell in love with culture and language hehe :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:42:34 AM by June »

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 07:33:53 AM »
What was your first anime purchase?
I usually don't buy anime.  ^.^ (I watch it online..) I did buy a Pokemon movie when I was little though.

What is your Favorites?
It's hard to choose just a few.

Some of my favs:
Azumanga Daioh
Clannad
Death Note
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Inuyasha
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
Myself; Yourself
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Tenar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 07:50:39 AM »
First purchase was the first dvd volumes of Rurouni Kenshin and Cowboy Beebop

I have quite a large anime collection now and prefer buying the blu rays when available.  I also have a funimation subscription that I watch through Roku.

Currently I am watching One Piece, but wow there are a lot of episodes of that show, it's going to take a while lol.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 08:03:31 AM »
My first? I think......It was Sailor Moon..... As for favorites, the list is really too long to even attempt as I can never choose.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 08:22:41 AM »
I'm an anime fan who has 'sort of' grown out of it.
I don't watch it much anymore, I more or less sit back and learn through peoples fan art than watching myself these days.

I know that feeling! Anime was a huge part of my childhood and teen years. I was part of the team that founded my high school's Anime Club, but you probably wouldn't know if it if you met me today.

It's not such a big part of my life anymore, and I hardly keep current, but some things remain special to me. Pokémon was probably the first anime that I got into with the understanding that it was anime.

I think Trigun was the first anime that I ever bought. Consequently, my first cosplay was a Vash costume that my mom helped me make out of cheap upholstery vinyl. My first convention was Anime Boston 2003.

My all-time favorite anime is FLCL, which I distinctly remember was SO AWESOME when they first released it that they could only fit TWO EPISODES ON EACH DVD.

So. Awesome.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 08:43:32 AM »
Anime actually changed my life. That sounds overdramatic but it's still true.

Seven, eight years ago, I was getting back into my first ever anime, which was Tenchi Muyou. A friend from that community recommended I watch Fushigi Yuugi. It was the first anime I watched in Japanese, and it inspired me to learn Japanese.

Now, seven years down the line, I have a Masters Degree in PreModern Japanese Literature, with a Distinction in Advanced Modern Japanese. I am teaching myself Mandarin, and saving up funds to go back to do a PhD on Mediaeval Japanese Warriors and their representation in traditional literature.

I'm not of the school of thought that believes there's an age range for anime or manga. If you enjoy it, read it. I have a lot of series I like, and some I've got over, and some I'm still very much attached to. Saiyuki, Harukanaru Toki no Naka De, Saiunkoku Monogatari...Fushigi Yuugi, of course...and a bunch of others are series that I feel a close connection to. Especially Haruka - because if Yuugi got me involved in learning Japanese language, Haruka introduced me to the concept of Japanese history and the Genpei Era, an area which I now look at with a very academic eye, rather than a fangirlish one.

For me, I don't outgrow things so long as they can open me up to new things. I now want to get into Japanese Academia. Without that encounter seven years ago, I dunno what I'd be thinking or doing now. I wouldn't be saving. I probably wouldn't have lived in London for a year. I wouldn't be able to read/speak modern Japanese to a fairly fluent level, nor would I have ever learned to read Mediaeval Japanese, nor would I have encountered the awesome people I studied with for that year while I was doing my MA, and I definitely wouldn't have a towering pile of academic books in Japanese about various warrior clans from 12th Century Japan. (You know, as you do).

So anime and manga are probably things I'll never totally leave behind. I'm also a big fan of Japanese voice artists, so that helps keep me involved ;) I don't think that it's something that's enclosed in its own little bubble - it just depends on how deep it infects you and where it takes you forward. I never watch anime in English now, and not with subs either if I can avoid it...because for me it's all part of the cultural experience, and the more I learn about Japanese history and culture, the more things I appreciate in the anime...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal