collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share something little known about yourself  (Read 4526 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Share something little known about yourself
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2014, 05:02:55 AM »
In addition to my weird thumbs, I also have a very unusual pencil grip.  People look at me funny when they watch me write all the time.  I got scolded a lot in kindergarten because I didn't hold my crayons and pencils correctly, but I hold my pencils/pens/markers the same way to this day.   :blush:

I do this too! I hold my pencil/pen pointing forward. I am ambidextrous and do it with both hands. It was actually something my friend and I started in the first year of school and, despite every early school teachers trying everything they could, its still how I write to this day.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2014, 06:30:25 AM »

I love English slang curses like wanker, bollocks, and bloody hell. I will catch myself using such things and people look at me very oddly including my husband.

Listen here, my fellow horse loving comrades. I am Minnesota born and raised. I've never stepped foot anywhere near the UK or Australia.
In fact, the closest I've been to anywhere besides America is flying over Canada on the way to New Jersey. Mhmm.

I still catch myself using British slang terms(especially naughty ones) all the time like I'm natively British.

Why? Because Conker.

So the moral of the story is, don't let your 7 year olds play violent games about squirrels. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2014, 09:03:28 AM »
I am also a phone phobic, I always need to take 5 minutes to psyke myself up if I need to call a stranger back. It was great when I was job hunting and half the time had to call potential employers back :)

Something only my husband knows: I'm a huge "The Fairly OddParents" fan and watch the episodes and have even bought some figures of Cosmo (my favourite character), Wanda and Timmy :) I first saw the show when I was visiting my husband on his business trip in Perth and got hooked :P I'm naughty though and get him to download them because the DVD's are impossible to find here in English and I don't want to hear the crappy Danish translations >_<

Most people who know me personally know this but I'm a fan of Heavy Metal music :shakefist: I listen to pretty much all genres from Power metal to Death metal :)

Also I "collect" earrings :biggrin: I have way too many already and my husband pretty much refuses to buy me any :P Think it's from all those years my NPD mother talked me out of getting my ears pierced and I'm trying to make up for lost time or something :lol: I have the same issue with scarfs, have way too many but can't stop from buying them although I've become picky so I avoid buying even more :haha:

I'm also an avid bird watcher and it drives me insane if I see an interesting bird and don't have my binoculars on me >_<

I'm also a huge fan of the Eurovison Song Contest and watch it every year, including the Danish show so I can vote for which song we should send :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:15:57 AM by ponybabe »

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2014, 09:55:23 AM »

I love English slang curses like wanker, bollocks, and bloody hell. I will catch myself using such things and people look at me very oddly including my husband.

Listen here, my fellow horse loving comrades. I am Minnesota born and raised. I've never stepped foot anywhere near the UK or Australia.
In fact, the closest I've been to anywhere besides America is flying over Canada on the way to New Jersey. Mhmm.

I still catch myself using British slang terms(especially naughty ones) all the time like I'm natively British.

Why? Because Conker.

So the moral of the story is, don't let your 7 year olds play violent games about squirrels. :P

:lol: I am a North Dakota native, did live in Colorado for 5 years and have visited London once but I blame mine on the historical romance books based in England and the vampire Bones in one of my favorite vampire romances (along with movies) for it.  :P

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2014, 10:07:28 AM »
I am 27 years old and I can't sleep without the blanket I had since I was little.  I'm not afraid to admit it.  It went to every sleep over and I was an emotional wreck when I left it at my grandma's house.  I refused to sleep until I got it back.  Luckily, grandma saved the day and brought it to me.

G4Sweeties

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2014, 03:30:07 PM »
I am in a committed relationship with vanilla wafers!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2014, 04:26:16 PM »
I read and write fan fic, and am now part of an RP site for Carmen Sandiego sense I am a fan of the show.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2014, 06:33:57 PM »
I love a lot of animals other people find creepy or gross, like opossums, hyenas, vultures, and komodo dragons.

*lol*  I thought you said you OWN a lot of other animals like....

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2014, 04:29:17 AM »
I sleep with a nightlight  :cry:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Iris Patch

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2014, 07:32:36 AM »

-Answering the phone. If I'm at work it's fine because I can launch into the pre set "thank you for calling...". But at home, if I know who is calling. Then I lead in with a word or two that gets to be routine. Never "hi" or "hello". Not because I'm being rude. It's the years of stuttering, the worst was from ages five to twenty-one. So "hi" or "h" sounds in general really trip me up. It doesn't stop me and I push through the block. But if you didn't know the "why" behind it, I know I come across as either rude or sassy.

- When I'm sick or feeling poorly. The last thing I want to do is talk to people. In fact my stuttering tends to crop back up in full force. So I keep my sentences short and often pause. While I think out what I'm going to say.

I stutter too, phone calls with strangers are awful. Mine manifests into silent breaks in words, which apparently sounds just like if my phone had poor reception and was cutting out. I've had someone ask me to call them back on a land line because they thought I was going through a tunnel on my cellphone or something.
In person is way better, because at least they can see that I'm trying.

I love a lot of animals other people find creepy or gross, like opossums, hyenas, vultures, and komodo dragons.

*lol*  I thought you said you OWN a lot of other animals like....

That would be quite a zoo! xD

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

[post merge ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:53:52 PM by hathorcat »

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2014, 07:48:50 AM »
Whenever I get a PM, I tend to think, "okay, who is mad at me now?" The thing is, I rarely - if ever - get a PM with an irritated tone to it. So I have no idea why this thought keeps popping in my head.

I am also someone who hates using the phone in most cases. I would rather walk 10 km (yes, seriously) to go talk in person than to call on the phone.

Me too! I'm paranoid about people being mad at me (and often apologize for no reason lol) and I also dislike talking on the phone. That awkward silence when neither one of you can think of anything to say :shocked:

I have a habit of smelling everything for some reason! I have a strong sense of smell and I will smell everything. Every time I pick up my chihuahua I have to smell her :P

I like the smell of mayonnaise but I hate the taste of it :P

I used to eat napkins when I was little.

I played with my Barbie dolls til I was 18 and would quickly hide them whenever anyone would visit XD

I used to have a pet goat named Holly.

I'm 29 and I've never had a boyfriend or been on a date.

I had a short Achilles tendon when I was little which caused me to walk on my toes and I couldn't walk normal. I had surgery at age 7 to lengthen them. And surprisingly one of my friends had the same problem!

My Wish List

Emerald Treasure

« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2014, 05:10:22 PM »
I'm OBSESSED with the macabre and halloween stuff, but I'm a weenie when it comes to horror movies and haunted houses.

I love water roller coasters, but can't stand regular ones.

I like animals more than human children.

I have mermaid fantasies.

There are only two people outside of my family that I'd rather be out with than at home.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2014, 07:55:43 PM »
I love to act. I think most people in RL would be shocked if they knew this, because I was always seen as the quiet girl. Heck, I am quiet. But that doesn't mean I'm shy. In high school, I got roles in the school musicals and loved it. (I started off as a maid with one line and other bit characters in the Sound of Music, then I was Henry Higgins' mother in My Fair Lady, and finally Aunt Arvidia in Guys and Dolls.) People were surprised by my acting. I liked surprising them. Yes, my nickname in college was ninja . . .  :ninja:

I feel pity and guilt towards inanimate objects.
I remember when I was younger I started crying over a tissue box because it ran out of tissues and couldn't serve it's purpose anymore xD
Now its more like I feel bad if I don't sleep with certain stuffed animals.

Yes -- once I lost a pencil, just a simple blue pencil, in a parking lot, and was kind of upset and then super relieved when we found it, smashed by a car. I still have it, even though it's useless. I felt it would be sad to leave it all alone in a strange city. I often feel this way towards toys (ponies, of course), though not always. I have some baity ponies that I'd like upgrades of, for instance, but I would feel bad getting rid of the old one because it's been with me a long time and it's like I'm betraying a friend. So I keep both the old one and a better new one, if I get one. Not sure if that strategy will work with the space I have in the long run . . .

Whenever I get a PM, I tend to think, "okay, who is mad at me now?" The thing is, I rarely - if ever - get a PM with an irritated tone to it. So I have no idea why this thought keeps popping in my head.

I am also someone who hates using the phone in most cases. I would rather walk 10 km (yes, seriously) to go talk in person than to call on the phone.

Like so many of you have said, I don't really like the phone. I've worked on that over the years and now don't really mind it, but I do still usually let the phone ring and let friends leave a message before I'll call them back. I guess I want to be able to think about what they're saying, if that makes sense? I just need time to think. Introvert issue. The other day, my dad picked up the house phone and it was an old friend I hadn't seen in a while, and I was literally scared to take it from him and talk to her. :facepalm: I hope she didn't think my tone was odd when I talked to her. Face-to-face tends to be better, because there are so many more body language and facial cues to work with, and things to comment on and such.

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2014, 10:31:37 PM »
I have gas!  :shocked:

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2014, 09:33:51 AM »
I work with all kinds of animals on the TV show and in real life..$baby lions, a baby baboon, boa constrictors, giant bird eater tarantulas, scorpions, birds of all sizes + kinds...but I HATE earwigs! They're the only critters that give me the heebie jeebies!
On the show, my BF is the straight guy and I'm the joker, but in real life I hardly say anything unless it's about animals! The horrible puns I use on the show are a nod to my father, who brought me up using them and are our shared language :) noone but my co-host (he's also my BF) knows.
I don't like being in front of the camera :O
I'd rather eat my own foot than have to work on fixing a computer problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal