collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share something little known about yourself  (Read 4661 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Share something little known about yourself
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »
I love to bake but rarely eat what I make and often ends up throwing it away.

I'm the same way, but it's anything I cook in my slow cooker! If I smell something for too long, I lose all desire to eat it  :blush:

I feel bad for plants and buy them from the store if they've lost all their flowers and are on discount because of it :)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2014, 01:48:59 PM »
I have always had a phobia of speaking to people I don't know on the phone, like ordering take out or enquiring about stuff. Yet I was an over the phone debt collector for years and loved it!!

I have the exact same thing! I just really can't talk over the phone to anyone who I don't know. It's really weird.

Ditto the phone phobia, only mine extends to friends and family as well. Would much rather e-mail than phone otherwise I get tongue-tied and can't think what to say. Only person I'm comfortable talking on the phone to is my other half ;)

As for something little known about myself, this probably . . .

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:)

Paul

That's awesome!!!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2014, 02:24:33 PM »
I absolutely hate the feel of rough cardboard and the sound of it when people touch it. When I worked in a food store I had to wear my gloves all the time in case of cardboard contact. If I do happen to touch it the feel of it stays with me for ages.

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2014, 04:21:11 PM »
I hate having my picture taken! Not so little known of course, at least for the people that know me. But the happiest I have ever looked in a picture was when I met Eeyore at Disney World  :blush: I was grinning like a loon and I was blushing because he'd just given me a kiss. I was 26 - we were at Disney World with my then 7 year-old daughter  :lol:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »
I do NOT like birds...Ironic, no?

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
Whenever I get a PM, I tend to think, "okay, who is mad at me now?" The thing is, I rarely - if ever - get a PM with an irritated tone to it. So I have no idea why this thought keeps popping in my head.

I am also someone who hates using the phone in most cases. I would rather walk 10 km (yes, seriously) to go talk in person than to call on the phone.

Oh my gosh! Me too!!!! PMs are terrifying things! But on the plus side, when it turns out no one is mad at me it makes me happy so I suppose it works out.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2014, 06:10:35 PM »
I do NOT like birds...Ironic, no?

I don't like them either. They're creepy little things. IMO

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2014, 11:07:17 PM »
- I love the smell of freshly brewed coffee, but I don't like drinking it. I much prefer tea or hot chocolate.

- I love eating ice-cream, even when it's cold outside.

- I've read lots and lots of adult books (I've even got a degree in English Lit), but actually, I like reading teenage or YA books best.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2014, 01:14:55 AM »
Hm... lets see...

Im born a left-handed but got trained for being right-handed when I was a child. I developed to be mixed-handed / ambidextrous, I can write, work, draw (...) with both hands equally well.

I cant smell most scents. Im not fully odor-blind, but close to it.

I love rain and (thunder)storms.

I hate to get dirty hands. If I touch stuff that does not belong to me, I need to wash my hands.

I dont like being touched and I dont like to touch others except for my husband and my daughter.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2014, 04:30:19 PM »
Hmmmm....I am a sucker for a good trashy romance novel :P Considering I dont have a romantic bone in my body in just about any other way its a little bit weird but trashy romance is like my secret vice.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2014, 04:42:06 PM »
I can purr like a cat. Seriously.

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »
I only recently realized that my thumbs must bend a lot farther than other people's/what is considered normal at work when one of my coworkers exclaimed, "OMG, you have hitchhiker's thumbs!"   :P

In addition to my weird thumbs, I also have a very unusual pencil grip.  People look at me funny when they watch me write all the time.  I got scolded a lot in kindergarten because I didn't hold my crayons and pencils correctly, but I hold my pencils/pens/markers the same way to this day.   :blush:

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2014, 08:22:10 PM »
Adding a few more. I've been reading through the pages going "hey that's me". Or "I know someone like that".

-Answering the phone. If I'm at work it's fine because I can launch into the pre set "thank you for calling...". But at home, if I know who is calling. Then I lead in with a word or two that gets to be routine. Never "hi" or "hello". Not because I'm being rude. It's the years of stuttering, the worst was from ages five to twenty-one. So "hi" or "h" sounds in general really trip me up. It doesn't stop me and I push through the block. But if you didn't know the "why" behind it, I know I come across as either rude or sassy.

- When I'm sick or feeling poorly. The last thing I want to do is talk to people. In fact my stuttering tends to crop back up in full force. So I keep my sentences short and often pause. While I think out what I'm going to say.

-Nails on a chalkboard are well nails on a chalkboard to me. Can't stand that sound!

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2014, 08:36:56 PM »
- I love the smell of freshly brewed coffee, but I don't like drinking it. I much prefer hot chocolate

Me too! It reminds me of waking up at my grandparents when I was little but I can absolutely not drink it!  Imagine my surprise when I ate what I thought was chocolate covered peanuts at a wedding but turned out to be chocolate covered coffee beans.

I can bend my thumbs down so they lay flat across my palms

I love English slang curses like wanker, bollocks, and bloody hell. I will catch myself using such things and people look at me very oddly including my husband.

I love vampires!  Not the Twilight kind but have been fascinated with them since I was little. I blame the original Dark Shadows. I am addicted to vampire romance books too.

I get weird deja vu moments right before some things happens where I think about exactly what is about to happen. My husband thinks it's creepy.

I can also mimic cat sounds with great accuracy. I have conversations with my two cats on occasion.

Finally, i don't get along very well with geldings. I much prefer mares and of all the horses I have worked with I can honestly say I am fond of only 2 geldings.  Many horse people I know claim the opposite because they think mares are too hormonal.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:39:17 PM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2014, 10:21:12 PM »
I know how to pet bumblebees.

How? :enthralled:

Umm... very carefully?

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Indeed, LOL. I wait for them to be distracted by a flower, then give them *very* gentle strokes on the back. They're such fuzzy little things. My Dad taught me how to do it when I was a kid.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal