collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your first name?  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Melodia

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Eurobeat Pony
    • View Profile
    • My flickr
Re: What's your first name?
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »
Melissa or Missy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2014, 05:05:11 PM »
Claudia - and i really hate the meaning of my name!  >_<

I know how you feel. I don't like the meaning of my name (Bethany) either :huh:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »
Cicelie said like "Sis-ali" or Sicily. ^.^
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2014, 11:11:57 PM »
Jayne here :D

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2014, 11:15:16 PM »
:fox:

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2014, 11:18:44 PM »
Caitlin.

I greatly dislike my first name x.x

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

tinyblondie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2014, 09:46:30 PM »
Rhiannon

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2014, 03:35:46 AM »
Kimberline

(And all you Vanessa´s; I love that name, that is also the name of my daughter!)

Whoo, go Team Vanessa :lol:

Post Merge: March 06, 2014, 03:36:56 PM

hehe cool to see so many people named like me <3
Today I can live with that name... but as a child the other kids often made fun of me ...
I always was the "bad cousin" back then, because a girl in a very popular kids magazine ("Wendy", I think the US name for the series is "Riding High") was named Vanessa and she had a really bad personality (Vanessa was the main characters cousin and always caused trouble). Also the fact that I have a middle name (which was pretty unusual in my area back then) made them think I was thinking to be better than them. Lol... I would have done almost everything to change my name ...
Originally my parents wanted me to be named Vanessanina, after a character in a book but it didnt get through, so they had to change it to Vanessa-Nina.

For family and friends I am Nessa :)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2014, 04:19:07 AM »
Tirzah. Sounds like  Tear - za. My name is uncommon and hard to pronounce. Most people have a hard time with saying it. That's ok tho. I am happy to have a rare name. It's hebrew it means delight and or beuty.
:accomplished:

Jemstar666

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2014, 04:27:35 AM »
Jemma with a J  :biggrin:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2014, 05:14:04 AM »
Tirzah. Sounds like  Tear - za. My name is uncommon and hard to pronounce. Most people have a hard time with saying it. That's ok tho. I am happy to have a rare name. It's hebrew it means delight and or beuty.

This was my favorite name for years and years.  It is beautiful and no, I have never met anyone with it.  I was introduced to it in the movie Ben-hur.  I wished it was my name so much and I used it as my name for one of my classes when we were asked to take on a name from the region we were studying.  In college I told my friend about it and she said she was going to name her child it, but she kept saying "tear-sa" which to me sounds different from "tear-za" and I was all aghast that she would butcher it.  Of course now, I wouldn't mind what she pronounced it as. 

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2014, 06:42:54 AM »
Kimberline

(And all you Vanessa´s; I love that name, that is also the name of my daughter!)

Today I can live with that name... but as a child the other kids often made fun of me ...
I always was the "bad cousin" back then, because a girl in a very popular kids magazine ("Wendy", I think the US name for the series is "Riding High") was named Vanessa and she had a really bad personality (Vanessa was the main characters cousin and always caused trouble). Also the fact that I have a middle name (which was pretty unusual in my area back then) made them think I was thinking to be better than them. Lol... I would have done almost everything to change my name ...
Originally my parents wanted me to be named Vanessanina, after a character in a book but it didnt get through, so they had to change it to Vanessa-Nina.

My nickname is Nessa also!  My brother could not say my full name when I was born so Nessa stuck.  It's weird now that people I meet as an adult don't call me that because they just know me as Vanessa unless I tell them my nickname. 

:sad: It's too bad your cousins felt the need to make fun of you based on a magazine story.  Don't feel bad for being unique!  I was a sophomore in high school before I met another Vanessa, her nickname was Vanna so we went by Nessa and Vanna so people wouldn't mix us up since we worked in the same department. 

After I went to college, a few people told me I had a "black" name and said it like it was a bad thing  -_- (never heard that until I moved to another state and still to this day don't know why that was something they felt the need to say).  I thought it was shoddy of them to (a) make fun of my name and (b) make it a racial thing.  I have always been proud of my name and it is so awesome to see so many Vanessas in one place.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 06:47:02 AM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2014, 06:47:48 AM »
Brittney

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2014, 06:54:32 AM »
Kimberline

My nickname is Nessa also!  My brother could not say my full name when I was born so Nessa stuck.  It's weird now that people I meet as an adult don't call me that because they just know me as Vanessa unless I tell them my nickname. 

:sad: It's too bad your cousins felt the need to make fun of you based on a magazine story.  Don't feel bad for being unique!  I was a sophomore in high school before I met another Vanessa, her nickname was Vanna so we went by Nessa and Vanna so people wouldn't mix us up since we worked in the same department. 

After I went to college, a few people told me I had a "black" name and said it like it was a bad thing  -_- (never heard that until I moved to another state and still to this day don't know why that was something they felt the need to say).  I thought it was shoddy of them to (a) make fun of my name and (b) make it a racial thing.  I have always been proud of my name and it is so awesome to see so many Vanessas in one place.

hehe cool, another Nessa :D

Oh, thats awful to make a racial thing out of our name o.0 I would have never thought of it that way. Gah some people are just... unbelieveable.
Well I remember a teacher asking the class to google our first name... "But do not look for 'Vanessa', you must not look at all these adult-pages you will get as result when googling your name." ... I was like o.0

As I said... some people are just strange.

btw, Tirzah is beautiful :)
Ever since I saw Ben Hur I loved that name. I come across a beautiful Trakehner mare years ago, she was named Thirza... love it <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal