collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Flea market finds  (Read 683 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Flea market finds
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:06:41 PM »
I had a really fun time at the flea market this past Saturday. I went to a big one that I'd never been to before because one of the sellers posted on Craigslist that she had G1 ponies. Had to check that out! :) So my mom and I headed to her booth first and I instantly saw the glass case of G1s. I didn't buy them all because the lady's prices were pretty much what you'd pay online -- a little expensive on some, though, like a $9 Baby Cuddles -- but she was really nice and willing to bargain. She took a nice discount off the ones I bought.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Cranberry Muffins smells very, very faintly of cranberries. Yay, another Sweetberry pony!

The sunsuit outfit. (Baby Stripes is just the model.) I adore baby pony shoes but have never had any; I think this stems from happy memories playing with my older friend's ponywear. The just make such a satisfying squish when you put them on little pony feet. And the sunsuit is really cute!

A Little Pretty, Bitsy Bouquet. I was happy to find one of these puppies, since on Ebay people generally charge an arm and a leg for them.

I might go back and buy some of her other ponies someday if/when I have the money. She had more pony wear, some plushies, tons of other 80s toys and toys in general, too, just like an awesome 80s yard sale. :)

At the next toy booth we found, there was a lady whose prices were a little high, but we still got some cute stuff.

I knew instantly that this must be Strawberry Reef, although I hadn't seen a photo of the pony. And I've wanted a Dream Blue for a long time, but I want one with full, pink hair, so I've bought her for customization. The lady didn't go down on her price as much as I thought she should. And Rarity obviously will need some cleaning. Some kid had a lot of stickers.

We went on down the flea market aisles and found another booth. This one was full of toys and, like the others, had a pony display, and there was a Lulabelle. There were also many McDonalds ponies and two other G3s (Butterpop and Cheerilee, I think?)

I didn't know her name but remembered seeing her online and thinking she was pretty. There were lots of accessories to dig through, too (it was a messy but fun store), and I found a SSC Custard kitty! I've always wanted one. She's so cute. My sister and I always used SSC pets as pets for our ponies, but we never had her.

I found lots of pony accessories here and at the first store. It was fun looking through things, not knowing what you'd find. I'm pretty sure the duck comb must be the one that came with the Sweet Dreams crib, since the mobile is there. I felt a little stupid when looking things up online later, as the green pillow for the crib was there and I didn't recognize it. But I may go back relatively soon and get it. As you can see, there were Quints accessories and a Cherry Merry Muffin pan. I'm not sure the ballerina skirt is MLP, or the crown (they're probably Barbie or something, as the place was filled with Barbie stuff, too). The ribbon at the bottom might not be MLP, but the lady let me have it for free and it's about the right size. :)

Twinkles (Twinkles is from home) tries on the Quint hat. :)

There was a surprise basket of fakies in this store in a corner. It had the anniversary versions of Sunlight and Skydancer, and the make-your-own pony, and a few more. I've wanted a fakie in the pose the "teenage" pink one in the middle is, just because I think it's dainty. And it's not so often you find a G1 Littlest Pet Shop (the little blue guy with the jewel). Some of these are from the other stores, too.

We looked around some at other stores, finding an anime store and DVD stores. In one quiet part of the market, there was an assortment of toys, and stuffed in a bag with Barbie clothes so that you could hardly see her was Sunset Sweetie. "She's $1; really expensive," the guy told me with a smile.

One strange incident happened in the far corner of the flea market where there was hardly anyone. There was a store with hardly anything in it -- like, random odds and ends -- and then with surprise I picked up a bright red pony and saw that it was a badly customized Skydancer. She was messily painted red and black and had no hair, and a pair of horns was glued to her chest. The seller proudly said, "That's War. I was going to make more of the Apocalypse ponies, but . . ." I asked how much he wanted, and he said $5. Too much for the poor thing. If I see her in the future and she still hasn't sold, I might see how low he'll go and maybe I can rescue her.

So that was Saturday. I usually go to the smaller flea market nearer home, so it was fun to go to this big one and actually find some pony stuff! :)

I'm feeling very blessed (too blessed, actually; kind of guilty), because as a surprise gift today, my mom gave me these guys.

I have wanted a Baby Princess Sparkle but she always is rather expensive! And how did they find her in good condition! My sister explained that while I was on vacation, she was bidding on the auction for my mom and was able to win it, somehow. The other ponies are very cute, too, and now I find I have more party accessories. And some random elephant fakies!

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Flea market finds
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:15:52 PM »
Congratulations on all your flea market finds and your surprise gifts!   

I'm sure Baby Princess Sparkle will be even more special to you since your mom got her for you (with a little help from your sister).   :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 07:34:13 PM »
Congrats :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 12:39:45 AM »
I really like your sun suit outfit.  I don't have that one in my collection.  Congrats on your new additions :)

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 03:18:25 AM »
oh what a great finds! congrats  :frolic: :cheer:

Lindsay1988

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 06:31:57 AM »
Congratulations on those lovely pony's!

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 09:31:29 AM »
Congratulations! You must have had so much fun finding all of those ponies! I wouldn't feel guilty about your mom getting you even more ponies, she got you something you really love and enjoy :) She sounds like a wonderful mom!

And that picture of Twinkles with the hat is soooooo adorable!!!  I love it!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 04:23:53 PM »
Congrats on all of the nice finds , and I want to say those guitars and linked bottles are for the quints toy line. I also know that the hat with the number on it is for the same toy line. Ghost of the doll has more info.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 06:39:13 PM »
Congrats on all the great new additions and finds.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 07:21:11 AM »
Oh what lovely items :) Sounds like a fun day out. And Twinkles is adorable in that hat!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 09:04:08 AM »
This was fun to read, congrats! :D
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 09:44:45 AM »
Congrats! Those are some amazing finds. So many Florida ponies on here have such good pony luck, I wish some would rub off on me. :P

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Ziraous

• Big Brother Pony
  • Queen of Wolfmages
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 11:29:50 AM »
Great gifts and finds! Ccongratz!  :)

Sent from my Galaxy S 3

Lvє Mє Fr Mє

Ty Nonnavlis for my Avvie & Ty Nence for my Siggy.

Offline Poster

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 01:48:36 PM »
Ahhh those Quints accessories sure do take me back. That's a good look for Twinkles!

Congrats on all the goodies :)

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 02:12:04 PM »
So many awesome finds! I'm drooling! :shocked: