collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello!!! I'm a new collector!  (Read 205 times)

Offline raelenas

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr - Not so pony related though
Hello!!! I'm a new collector!
« on: February 16, 2014, 01:24:32 PM »
Hi! I'm a new collector! I've never collected anything in my entire life  :blush: but when I was little, I really really loved my little ponies and mlp fakies!!! I decided to get back in touch with my childhood with some G1 ponies. At first, I just was like "okay, I'll get one pony as a little toy memory!" So I bought a little Baby Tappy from Ebay. When she arrived I just! The collection fever began! She was so sweet and cute and lovely and she reminded me of when I was a kid, and I just had to get back into ponies!!!! I now have 13 G1 ponies, since they are definitely my favorite. Before I got into collecting i had also bought a few G4 ponies, just to kinda play with their hair and stuff. But it wasn't the same, ya know? They're kinda weird. But I do enjoy the show as well, it reminds me of old cartoons like Foster's and Power Puff Girls! I also have a buncha little G4 blind bag ponies that I mostly recieved as gifts. They're all on a little G4 shelf, but I keep my G1s right next to my bed!

Right now I'm 20 years old, so I actually have some ponies that are like 10 years older than me! It makes me feel young, haha. I'm currently in college and am just sorts skimming by as far as food/finances goes, so I can't get too into collecting just yet. But you bet when I get extra money I go get ponies!  But since I'm low on money I usually get "cheaper" ponies. Ones that aren't very rare, and might be a big beaten and played with. But to me they just have been really loved! I think all ponies are wonderful, and even if it's a bait pony, I believe that with love and care and maybe some rehairing, it can be so beautiful and wonderful and a happy little pony!

That being said, if any of you are looking to get rid of bait ponies I will totally take them off your hands for you.

I also think restoration and customization is SUPER cool! I really want to restore old damaged ponies. I'm alright at painting and sculpting, and I've always been awesome with their hair, even when I was a kid! So I think restoration is probably gunna be what I get super in to.

Thank you so much for reading my ridiculous wall of text!!! Y'all are super cool, and I can't wait to be more active on your lovely forums!!!!  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!!! I'm a new collector!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 02:43:58 PM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena.   You can always post Wanted ad to buy some baits to get going with your ideas.  I look forward to seeing what you create.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 03:29:30 PM »
Welcome to the arena :) You have joined a great site!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 12:03:45 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

Collecting is so much fun.  There is nothing better than coming across the item you really want!  (Especially if you find it at a garage sale of the like for really cheap!).  I'm sure you will love the Arena and chatting about ponies with everyone here :D

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 02:09:56 PM »
Welcome! I started much the same way. I just wanted baby milkweed and tumbleweed because those were the two I remember most. Now I have 4 more, with 2 others in the mail and I've started painting my own.

My husband does not approve.  :P

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 03:32:11 PM »
hi and welcome to the arena !
it's a very cool place to find ponies and customs! :)
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 05:33:19 PM »
Hello & Welcome  :biggrin: G1's are my favs too  ^.^ :hug:
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 04:34:20 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! Collecting ponies is certainly addictive - we all start out wanting just a few ponies and then the pony snowball starts rolling :P

I am sure you will have a great time around the boards.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal