collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

The population of your city:

Under 1,000
40 (10.9%)
1,000 - 10,000
60 (16.3%)
10,000 - 50,000
78 (21.3%)
50,000 - 250,000
85 (23.2%)
250,000 - 1 Million
48 (13.1%)
Over 1 Million
56 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 284

Author Topic: What is the population of the city you live in?  (Read 3206 times)

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
Re: What is the population of the city you live in?
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2014, 02:50:38 AM »
Please tell me I'm not the only one google maps stalking all your tiny towns?!

I'm literally fascinated.... so late for going out my OH is raging downstairs, and I'm STILL googling MORE OF THEM!!!!!

:shy: :shy: :shy:

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2014, 03:12:27 AM »
Living in Brisbane, over 2 million people. I love this city but I've not got much to compare it to, I've always lived in the same general area since I was 2 years old. Stick to the suburbs close to the city on the south-side, I can count on my fingers how few times I've gone to the north-side!
Traveled here and there about Australia, been on a family trip to Europe, but I'm happy where I am (I just wish I could afford my own place without having to move so far out)
I was born in Newcastle though which has a population of just over 250,000 people. ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2014, 06:39:07 AM »

Even worse...my sisters live in Contact, NV. Population: my sisters. Haha.

I'm sorry I don't mean to sound like a psycho, but I looked on Google and..... I don't..... How come they live out there on their own? Is it to do with work?

Tell me to go away if I'm being too nosey, I'm just a noseyfaced English girl!

sosoftbuttons

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2014, 07:14:08 AM »
mine is a good old fashioned english country town :P
altho its getting more &more full of 'townies' since the newer estates started popping up ten years ago :(  i'm a country bumpkin and my town was very rural when we first moved here in '81 (i was a whopping five years old back then...) and its changed soooo much in those 30ish years.

and to anyone else who google mapped all these towns, i did the same to my partner's addresses in the arena card swap :lookround:  it was freaking AWESOME to see where everypony lived, nothing stalking about it at all, its just being sheer, downright nosy  :devious: lol

WrittenEmber

« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2014, 02:46:21 PM »
LOL, I haven't done any Google-mapping, but it does sound like fun! I like looking at maps and seeing where things are in relation to each other. And there have been times when I was bored and had some free time, so I Google street-viewed towns and cities all over the world. It's kind of fun to take a virtual "walk" through someplace you'd probably never see otherwise.

I live in Phoenix, AZ. Google tells me there are 1.489 million people here as of the 2012 census. :blink:

I like the valley, there's lots of options for shopping and things to do, but I wish it wasn't so spread out. I feel like this is the most sprawling city ever. Everything seems so far away! :P
I live in Phoenix too! And I totally agree about the sprawling. It's great cuz there is lots of stuff, but it is a 20 minute drive to anything xD haha. Or a 60 minute drive from my house to my moms Dx.

Hello, fellow Phoenician! It's always fun to meet someone else who hails from the Valley of the Sun.  :biggrin: :shake:

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2014, 03:02:21 PM »
I wouldn't call this a city, but this small town, called Kajaani, where I live in is a mid sized town/city in terms of Finland and its population is just under 38,000.

Offline rosietrot

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Made it.
    • View Profile
    • RosieTrot's Pony Spot
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2014, 01:04:02 AM »
I love Portland.  And yes, it's exactly like Portlandia and Leverage. My boyfriend works across the street from their "headquarters" which is in the Bridgeport brewpub!

... how big is this city? I'll have to Google before I vote :)
Trades!<---some trades, sales and want list, as posted on the arena
Store!<---The "Official" Store (or as official as it gets...also all tradable!)
Want List!<---Stuff I'm looking for
ME! <--- and if you want to know who I am, a picture from my blog

Woosie

« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2014, 06:05:50 AM »
My address say's Vidor, TX as that is the nearest "large"  town with a post office (population is a little over 10,000 people) but I live outside of any city limits in Orange county TX and the nearest city to me is called Pine Forest (where I grew up and has less than 500 people).  I lived in Houston, TX (population over 2 million) for around 10 years while going to college and afterwards when I got a good job there, but have since left the big city and moved back to my childhood home. 

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »
177,326 in 2010, had to Google my town, lol, because I had no idea! :lol: This is a university city so I think the count is a bit higher in the wintertime than it is in the summers. But in the summertime we get a lot of tourists. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2014, 09:08:22 AM »

I'm sorry I don't mean to sound like a psycho, but I looked on Google and..... I don't..... How come they live out there on their own? Is it to do with work?

Haha xD. Well they used to live in Jackpot, NV. Which is a tiny town a few miles away. There isn't a lot of houses in jackpot. Mostly apartment complexes or trailers.  But their mom (half sisters) found some land with a house and barn and such in Contact. So they bought it. Lol. They have four wheelers and like to hunt and such, so living out there isn't bad for them. And Jackpot (where they work/school) is only about a ten minute drive.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2014, 02:33:40 PM »
According to Google, 19,401. That's oddly specific. I guess I'm that -1-. ;P

I live in a college town, though, and I don't think the census is counting the nearly 7,000 students here who are driving around and running over people in the roads (seriously -- the traffic in this town is significantly more dangerous than the infamous nearby city of Atlanta).

Post Merge: February 10, 2014, 02:41:44 PM

Haha xD. Well they used to live in Jackpot, NV. Which is a tiny town a few miles away. There isn't a lot of houses in jackpot. Mostly apartment complexes or trailers.  But their mom (half sisters) found some land with a house and barn and such in Contact. So they bought it. Lol. They have four wheelers and like to hunt and such, so living out there isn't bad for them. And Jackpot (where they work/school) is only about a ten minute drive.

Ooh, I just looked up Contact, NV, too. It looks like a really cool place to live (well, at least for a would-be hermit like me). I'm looking at some pictures and I can't help but think that the creators of the game "Fall Out: New Vegas" must have used Contact as a visual model for the game.

Offline EvilMuffins

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2014, 03:37:23 PM »
Our pop. is 420 as of 4 years ago. We are so small, we don't have a library, schools, etc!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal