collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

The population of your city:

Under 1,000
40 (10.9%)
1,000 - 10,000
60 (16.3%)
10,000 - 50,000
78 (21.3%)
50,000 - 250,000
85 (23.2%)
250,000 - 1 Million
48 (13.1%)
Over 1 Million
56 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 284

Author Topic: What is the population of the city you live in?  (Read 3289 times)

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
Re: What is the population of the city you live in?
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2014, 03:12:31 PM »
I live in Adelaide (well a suburb but only about 20 minutes away from the CBD on a good day) which has 1.23 million people. Doesn't seem like that many, though. I don't really like busy crowds but I'd hate not to live near a city, so I really love Adelaide. :)

Also it's really interesting to read about where everyone else lives.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2014, 06:17:22 PM »
My history of living in population! I'm clearly a big city girl.

Hometown and currently living: Pasadena, California with 137,122 people. Stone's throw away from the over 3,000,000 people in Los Angeles.
College: Tiny college town with 36,812 people
Study abroad 1: Nishi-Tokyo, Tokyo, Tokyo Prefecture, Japan with 197,366 people*
Study abroad 2: Morioka, Iwate Prefecture, Japan with 300,740

Weirdly enough even though Morioka is a little over double the population of Pasadena, Morioka still feels more homey. And I lived in the busiest part of the city. I'll be applying to go back to Morioka (first round of applications I didn't make it) and I hope I get there. It's my second home and has a very special place in my heart. I'll have to share all my pictures of Japan with you guys some time.

* Tokyo is weird. It's pretty much 23 mini cities called "wards" crammed together and collectively called Tokyo. Each ward is treated as a municipal city. I've lived in both Nishi-Tokyo and Shinjuku.

Cool! I'd love to see your pictures of Japan!

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2014, 12:52:41 AM »
Melton has a population of over 109,000. I was born here (literally here, we used to have a hospital :lol:), and am still here 34 years later, so have no idea what it would be like to live somewhere smaller or larger. Although our population in 1996 was only 39,000... We are one of the fastest growing areas in Victoria :(

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2014, 01:53:41 AM »
LOL - just googled mine and the population is roughly 750 people.
I have just moved last year from a bigger place (in a different country) to this little village and I am still getting used to it ;-)

Thanks for making me look it up!
xx

You learn something new everyday.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2014, 02:45:56 PM »
Apparently Brisbane has 2.1 million people! But it's a pretty sprawling city I guess! They are expecting it to grow in the next couple of years to 3.1 million... eek. I'm from a small town though - population 900. While I'd love to have a little farm and some livestock, I love the anonymity of the city. You can live your life how you please without running into people you don't want to see, or the whispers of a small community. So I'm torn at the moment where I want to settle down and have kids eventually.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2014, 04:07:06 PM »
Well where my house is from the 2000 census: 802 people
closest city that I previously rented a place at one point in my life: 63,588 as of 2012
college town I lived in when in college: 14,505 as of 2012

A lot of time spent in Madison visiting friends their population: 240,323 as of 2012

I easily feel at home in all those cities :p
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

WrittenEmber

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2014, 11:28:11 PM »
I live in Phoenix, AZ. Google tells me there are 1.489 million people here as of the 2012 census. :blink:

I like the valley, there's lots of options for shopping and things to do, but I wish it wasn't so spread out. I feel like this is the most sprawling city ever. Everything seems so far away! :P

The smallest place I ever lived was Sandpoint, ID, population 7k. I really liked it, but I was a kid at the time, too, and I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be there now. I'm awfully used to having, for example, three different craft/hobby stores within driving distance for when I need just the right something for a project. (Or three Targets, two Wal*Marts, and a TRU that I can stalk when waiting for new ponies to come out!) I tend to think of Sandpoint in a really rosy light, but as I said, I was a kid, so that nostalgic feeling is probably as much for a very enjoyable time in my life as it is for the actual place. ^.^

I've lived all over the country, though, and feel like every place I lived had both good and bad things about it, whether it was a big city or a small town. I don't think I'm expressly a City Girl or a Country Gal. I kind of like them both, lol! :lol:

I think my ideal habitat, if ever I could find it, would be a medium-sized but somewhat compact city, someplace very walkable and with a variety of shopping and entertainment, but within driving distance of "country" for when I want that long, lonely hike or quiet picnic. Spokane has always sounded nice; I vaguely remember driving through once or twice when we lived in ID, but sadly we never spent any time there, so I don't know what it's actually like and I'm probably romanticizing it. :P Grass is always greener, no?

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2014, 07:54:36 AM »
I live in Phoenix, AZ. Google tells me there are 1.489 million people here as of the 2012 census. :blink:

I like the valley, there's lots of options for shopping and things to do, but I wish it wasn't so spread out. I feel like this is the most sprawling city ever. Everything seems so far away! :P
I live in Phoenix too! And I totally agree about the sprawling. It's great cuz there is lots of stuff, but it is a 20 minute drive to anything xD haha. Or a 60 minute drive from my house to my moms Dx.

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2014, 09:02:40 AM »
I was born in: St.Catharines, Ontario (population: 131, 990)
Grew up in: Cayuga, Ontario (population: under 1000. More cows than humans :P)

Current location: London, Ontario (population: 366,151. I live in a more wooded area of the city, so it doesn't feel as big... But I still have my country attitude when it comes to dealing with people.)

Offline Laurabythelake

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+43)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
Toronto, ON

Used to love it...now I find it's just TERRIBLE.  I've always lived downtown - moved to the suburbs when the G20 came.  I still work downtown but.....sidewalks are too narrow - transit is HORRIBLE - there is no parking to be had - events I would normally enjoy have turned into mob scenes.

This used to be a wonderful place to live...now it's just a hole and a laughing stock.

Much sadness....
Back on the pony trail!!!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2014, 12:30:52 PM »
Budapest is our capital city, the biggest in the country, its population is around 2 million (well, I just looked it up, and the latest figures say 1.74, so we're getting less - I don't know though if this is calculated with the numerous small, very close/already merged cities/metro area included, or not). I guess it is considered a big city, but I'm quite OK with its size. it is big and it takes quite some time to cross it, but I still find it manageable (it helps to live almost in the middle of it though). it indeed is sometimes crowded, but I know to which direction I have to go if I had enough and I want to get to a calmer place in half an hour - I think I would like it much less the other way round.
I like to live here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2014, 12:34:03 PM »
I live in New Plymouth (N.Z) population about 60,000.  You can drive to the beach in 5 mins & to the mountain in 25 mins.. what more do you need :P Although because of the volcanic nature of the land the beach sand is black which gets extremely hot under foot in summer :)
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2014, 12:49:48 PM »
Well if you count the little town that I do physically live in that is under 200. But the town that I grew up in is about 9 miles away and if I remember right I think there is around 14,538 (in 2012).Not a very big town compared to others.

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2014, 08:59:01 PM »
2.7 million.. woohoo!
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline myststar

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2014, 09:58:59 AM »
Google says that as of 2012 Philadelphia's population was 1.548 million

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal