collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-a-Bear Plush (Celestia!)  (Read 44922 times)

GoodyGumdrop

• Trade Count: (0)
The ponies are showing up for sale online at the BABW website now.

I ordered a Zecora, Applejack with just her hat, Apple Bloom, and Trixie with her outfit. I kind a squirmed a bit as I paid for it, but then I reminded myself this: I'm not buying that heinous Comicon pony this year, so that frees up a bit of money!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
The ponies are showing up for sale online at the BABW website now.

I ordered a Zecora, Applejack with just her hat, Apple Bloom, and Trixie with her outfit. I kind a squirmed a bit as I paid for it, but then I reminded myself this: I'm not buying that heinous Comicon pony this year, so that frees up a bit of money!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:  I had to remind myself of that as well when it was time to pay for all the ponies :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Well the credit card just got a load added to it :blush: 3 ponies, 1 mini, 2 dresses, and hat and boots...plus shipping to Canada.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Well the credit card just got a load added to it :blush: 3 ponies, 1 mini, 2 dresses, and hat and boots...plus shipping to Canada.

Ouch! :drunk: I'm torn...I want that Zecora, but I REALLY don't want to shell out BAB's insane shipping cost.
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Kiwi

• ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
The shipping to Canada was $33.50.... kinda high, but given everything that'll be in the box, I don't think it's too bad. For one pony it does seem high.

Gloomygirl777

I don't understand why Zecora is more expensive than the other ponies??? I have never seen a 35 dollar build a bear before? Does that mean they are charging extra for her rings? If so then they should be able to be sold separately like all the other clothes....it doesn't make sense to me.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Does anyone know if BAB will accept to stuff a skin bought in another country? I'm torn and debating grabbing Trixie before I fly home next week (I wanna see her in person before I commit to buy and she's slightly cheaper than in the UK.) and having her stuffed when I get home.

I could grab AB too...Uh oh....
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
I don't know why they wouldn't.

sailorstitch

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Does anyone know if BAB will accept to stuff a skin bought in another country? I'm torn and debating grabbing Trixie before I fly home next week (I wanna see her in person before I commit to buy and she's slightly cheaper than in the UK.) and having her stuffed when I get home.

As long as its a BaB product, it can be stuffed at all locations.  :)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I don't understand why Zecora is more expensive than the other ponies??? I have never seen a 35 dollar build a bear before? Does that mean they are charging extra for her rings? If so then they should be able to be sold separately like all the other clothes....it doesn't make sense to me.

It makes sense to me.  I am assuming that the rings are being made in a limited number just like the plush.  The rings don't really translate to other plushes like the other ponies' dresses do.  And how many people would buy just the plush with out such a defining characteristic as her rings?  Some but not the majority.  The other ponies are seen most often *not* wearing dresses where as Zecora is never seen without her jewelry.

Offline Kiwi

• ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise

I'm sure they would - you can order them online and request Unstuffed, so you can take them into the store. I'd say just make sure you keep the tags on (they need those for the stuffing) and keep your receipt - to prove you did buy it and it is legit BABW.
:)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Apple Bloom is the only reason I'm getting out of bed tomorrow on my day off. 

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
I ordered Zecora earlier today, I've never ordered online from them so I have no idea how long it usually takes. If I get her in time I'll bring her to the fair.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I hope you guys will consider getting Zecora.  Because if she does not do well, I have a feeling she may just be the end of the line for Build-A-Bear plushies.  I really think this exclusive deal is testing the waters for background ponies.

So yeah, please consider ordering her if you want her for your collection :)

Unfortunately I dont believe in supporting this belief that some companies have that its acceptable to premium product something just because there is a collectors market for it :( Sell the item at the same as their other products or a touch more but £19-25 moves the item from affordable to a more serious considered purchase. I do want Zecora but I would have been happier about the price jump if I could believe any future products offered this way will not be marked up.

Its been way too successful a line for BAB to decide not to do it again when MLP and FiM are still riding so high. Sure, no doubt each of the already released characters will be cycled in and out again with perhaps the odd new addition, but I dont see them pulling the line only a year or so after they launched it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Gloomygirl777

I hope you guys will consider getting Zecora.  Because if she does not do well, I have a feeling she may just be the end of the line for Build-A-Bear plushies.  I really think this exclusive deal is testing the waters for background ponies.

So yeah, please consider ordering her if you want her for your collection :)

Unfortunately I dont believe in supporting this belief that some companies have that its acceptable to premium product something just because there is a collectors market for it :( Sell the item at the same as their other products or a touch more but £19-25 moves the item from affordable to a more serious considered purchase. I do want Zecora but I would have been happier about the price jump if I could believe any future products offered this way will not be marked up.

Its been way too successful a line for BAB to decide not to do it again when MLP and FiM are still riding so high. Sure, no doubt each of the already released characters will be cycled in and out again with perhaps the odd new addition, but I dont see them pulling the line only a year or so after they launched it.

That is exactly how I feel!! I think its crazy that they just randomly decided to make Zecora more expensive than all the others. It seems like the only reason they would do this is because they know that collectors are willing to pay more. I have seen Build a Bear do lots of questionably shady things and this is just another thing to add to my list. Although I still love build a bear I am just not willing to pay that much...I am considering a ninja turtle though :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal