collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about Ty MLP Beanies  (Read 669 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Question about Ty MLP Beanies
« on: January 29, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »
I have a few questions about these. First off, is the second group of them (AJ, Fluttershy & Rarity) out yet? If so, what stores carry them? I think the only store I've ever seen the first three was Barnes & Noble. I saw a bunch of the new ones on eBay, but a lot of them seem to be listings from either China or the UK. Though, I'm guessing if they have them in the UK, they'd have them in the US since Ty is a US company, right?

Second, which of them have bangs? Or are there versions with and without bangs? Because I saw pictures on eBay of all three of them with and without bangs. I really hope Fluttershy and Rarity don't have bangs, but I saw some listings where they appear to have them, so I'm confused.

The last thing I wanted to know about is the larger sized Beanie Babies. I saw a listing that had two sizes and I believe they called the larger size Buddies or something? I knew there were the regular beanie babies, but this was the first I've seen or heard about larger versions. Do all the stores that carry Beanie Babies carry the larger ones, or are the larger ones going to be trickier to track down? Also, what do the bigger ones cost in stores? I know eBay's prices tend to be quite inflated.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Ty MLP Beanies
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 08:32:14 PM »
I saw the first set at a Walgreens that is typically next to pony-free. They seem to lean toward the general distribution side of things, rather than hiding out in the dedicated toy stores.

AJLareneg

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:41:23 PM »
I actually picked up Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack this week. :) I got them from an independent store at my local mall though, so unhelpful in where to locate them in retail chains.

Applejack has bangs. Fluttershy does not. Rarity doesn't either, but she has some weird short hairs on the back of her neck. It makes her mane stick out kind of poofy and weird if you don't brush it exactly right.

Either way, its possible to style each of them pretty closely to how they look on the show. :)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »
I've seen them at Meijer and Walgreens. Plus I spotted them at several interstate gift shops!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 09:28:31 PM »
I'll try Walgreen's and if I can't find them there, there's a gift shop in the mall that I know used to always carry Beanie Babies. I haven't been there in awhile, though. So any info on the bigger ones? I want the bigger Fluttershy, but the only listing for one on eBay was like $20 and that's not even including shipping from the UK.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 09:49:09 PM »
found the First 3 at Walgreens, but they got them kinda like a month after everyone else got them, I hunt for them in different stores around town  when i first saw them , but it was weeks later than I found them .
Will look for them a month after this time around too, will check any walgreens on my path  soon :)

I saw them at Michael's ,not sure if you have that store where you are, is like a crafts store, they were more expensive there than at Walgreens .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 10:36:40 PM »
They sell them where they sell other Beanie Babies, in other words kind of weird places haha. I got mine at Walgreens (Pinkie and Twilight), but I've seen them at Micheal's craft store and even in airports. The Aurora plush are the ones that can be found at Barnes and Noble, though they might have both I've only seen the Aurora plush not the Beanie Baby ones.

I have to pick up some antibiotics for me (boo) tomorrow so I can see if they have them at Walgreens. :)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 03:01:26 AM »
From what I've heard (and seen via ebay listings), the larger 11" Beanie "Buddies" are only available in the UK. But the 7" Beanie Babies are international. From memory, UK ebay listings average $10 - 12 for the smaller and around $20 or more for the larger size, so unless they come overseas you might be looking at that as the general retail price range.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 04:55:56 AM »
At the moment, as others have said, only the UK have got the larger size versions of all 7 characters. So far we have larger versions of Pinkie, Dash and Twilight Sparkle however Applejack, Rarity, Princess Twilight and Fluttershy will be out soon.

Anywhere that carries Beanies will be able to carry the small/regular size ones. We have had them for a couple of weeks now here, but the small Fluttershy, AJ and Rarity will filter to the US soon enough. In fact you can purchase them straight from TY - http://store.ty.com/newtys/tyshop_items_preview.cfm?ITEM_NO=41013 at a fantastic price and with free shipping :) This is a good store for beanies as well - http://www.bbtoystore.com/store/ty-beanie-babies.html

As for the price of the large ones - $20 isnt bad. You have to remember over here prices simply take the $ and replace it with the £ which makes things much more expensive. The small beanies run to £6 which is about $10 and the larger ones I think are £10-12 depending on store which is and that equates to $16-20ish. So what you are being charged for them on ebay is about what someone would probably have to pay to pick them up in store.

Giant versions of them were also recently spotted at a show - I am holding out for them they would be awesome!!!! But TY does not tend to make very many of their giant products so I would think they will need a big retailer happy to carry them in large quantities if they are really going to happen.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 05:47:42 AM »
Do you have a Hallmark nearby? I always see them there.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 06:09:17 AM »
At the moment, as others have said, only the UK have got the larger size versions of all 7 characters. So far we have larger versions of Pinkie, Dash and Twilight Sparkle however Applejack, Rarity, Princess Twilight and Fluttershy will be out soon.

Anywhere that carries Beanies will be able to carry the small/regular size ones. We have had them for a couple of weeks now here, but the small Fluttershy, AJ and Rarity will filter to the US soon enough. In fact you can purchase them straight from TY - http://store.ty.com/newtys/tyshop_items_preview.cfm?ITEM_NO=41013 at a fantastic price and with free shipping :) This is a good store for beanies as well - http://www.bbtoystore.com/store/ty-beanie-babies.html

As for the price of the large ones - $20 isnt bad. You have to remember over here prices simply take the $ and replace it with the £ which makes things much more expensive. The small beanies run to £6 which is about $10 and the larger ones I think are £10-12 depending on store which is and that equates to $16-20ish. So what you are being charged for them on ebay is about what someone would probably have to pay to pick them up in store.

Giant versions of them were also recently spotted at a show - I am holding out for them they would be awesome!!!! But TY does not tend to make very many of their giant products so I would think they will need a big retailer happy to carry them in large quantities if they are really going to happen.

Those gigantic ones, I'm not holding my breath for any store to carry those, but if they appear online...god help my wallet.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 06:20:15 AM »
They arent that much bigger than the giant Funrise and the G3 giants were carried in stores. Its not like TY to make that kind of size so I think it will have to be something special which makes them actually manufacture them. But I need them to make at least Rarity...she must come and live with me.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 06:59:42 AM »
From what I've heard (and seen via ebay listings), the larger 11" Beanie "Buddies" are only available in the UK.

Aww man! That's why I haven't seen any around here. I wonder if the U.S. will get them at some point?

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 10:15:53 AM »
That's strange that the larger ones would only be available in the UK when Ty is a US company. I really wanted the larger Fluttershy, but I can't afford to pay almost $30 on her after shipping. I didn't even spend that much on my Build-A-Bear Fluttershy.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 11:01:36 AM »
Oh no. Not Beanie Buddy size. My wallet. :(

They should be coming here though...I would hope.

Does anyone have pictures of the gigantic ones? Maybe they're just like the giant Pinkie was, when they made the first 3 beanie babies, as in just a promotional tool.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal