collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about Ty MLP Beanies  (Read 688 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Ty MLP Beanies
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 12:03:42 PM »
At the moment, as others have said, only the UK have got the larger size versions of all 7 characters. So far we have larger versions of Pinkie, Dash and Twilight Sparkle however Applejack, Rarity, Princess Twilight and Fluttershy will be out soon.

We actually got a UK-exclusive MLP thing? What madness is this!?  :lol: The big ones are cute and tempting but I just don't have room for all these lovely plushies  :cry:

I've seen TRU here carry the little ones (though their soft toy aisle is a confusing mess), so maybe try there? I've mostly seen them in card and gift shops here, so perhaps the same is true over there?
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 12:09:47 PM »
Ive seen them in CVS and even some gas stations.

Edit - Just wanted to add that all the ones I've seen (the first 3) had bangs.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:14:32 PM by Feathermay »

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 02:38:41 PM »
I got the Fluttershy beanie. I bought her off eBay the other day and she was supposed to ship from Hong Kong and was estimated to arrive between Feb. 18th and sometime in March, but she came today. From a California address. Also, it said the seller was on vacation until Feb. 7th, so I have no idea how she came so quickly. Since she was coming from Hong Kong, I was sort of expecting her to be fake, but she looks legit. Her hair is a nasty mess, though. The hair is rooted in loops at parts so I can't brush it without it making the tangles worst. I may have to clip the loops. It also sticks up really bad. But my Pinkie Pie also has bad hair, so I still think she's official. I thought Pinkie's hair was just bad because of the curls. I wonder if the Buddies hair is just as bad?

AJLareneg

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »
I have four of the Ty MLP beanies and none of them have the looping hair issue you've described. D:

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 03:00:41 PM »
I got the Fluttershy beanie. I bought her off eBay the other day and she was supposed to ship from Hong Kong and was estimated to arrive between Feb. 18th and sometime in March, but she came today. From a California address. Also, it said the seller was on vacation until Feb. 7th, so I have no idea how she came so quickly. Since she was coming from Hong Kong, I was sort of expecting her to be fake, but she looks legit. Her hair is a nasty mess, though. The hair is rooted in loops at parts so I can't brush it without it making the tangles worst. I may have to clip the loops. It also sticks up really bad. But my Pinkie Pie also has bad hair, so I still think she's official. I thought Pinkie's hair was just bad because of the curls. I wonder if the Buddies hair is just as bad?

I got looped hairs on a number of my Build a Bear ponies, and pretty much the majority of my G4 brushables weren't truly "brushable" until fixing all their many, many loops during spa time. Sometimes the loop is only caught a little bit and by gently pulling on the strand, it'll come good. Sometimes pulling removes the whole strand. And sometimes they're stuck fast and need to be snipped. In my opinion this is an inherent problem in mass-producing rooted hair products, some are going to have lesser quality control than others, it doesn't clearly point to fakie or knockoff - most of my official Hasbro ponies had them. :lol:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 03:35:30 PM »
Oh no. Not Beanie Buddy size. My wallet. :(

They should be coming here though...I would hope.

Does anyone have pictures of the gigantic ones? Maybe they're just like the giant Pinkie was, when they made the first 3 beanie babies, as in just a promotional tool.

Courtesy of TYs FB page

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They certainly could be display items but when you look at the other pictures oddly they only have a tiny section of the small ones and vast majority of the display for MLP is the giant figures.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 04:20:33 PM »
Oooh the big ones look like the huuuuge Beanie Boos that London's Hamleys had in their window display over Christmas. Those ponies might actually be big enough to ride...
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal