collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 31462 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #345 on: February 16, 2014, 12:35:56 PM »
O man why does America get all the cool exclusive merch AGAIN. I wanted Photo Finish so badly but the US keeps it again for themself. I feel like Europe is being ignored REALLY hard.

You can have all this stuff most of us don't want all of it. Well take new ponies, the EQG can come to netherland or  better yet they can go to neverlands in my opinion. lol

i agreee! you people in the   uk got the awesome brushables   

ploomette, skywisehs ,   sweetie swirl.  and the bblue  pony   

take this crap.. ><
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #346 on: February 16, 2014, 12:39:30 PM »
O man why does America get all the cool exclusive merch AGAIN. I wanted Photo Finish so badly but the US keeps it again for themself. I feel like Europe is being ignored REALLY hard.

You can have all this stuff most of us don't want all of it. Well take new ponies, the EQG can come to netherland or  better yet they can go to neverlands in my opinion. lol

take this crap.. ><

Yea seriously take it all! I won't miss it and I know I'm not the only one, well take the Starswirl and the ponies above as singles. Sorry if I'm coming off a little strong everyone but it's just my opinion I think everyone who is into new ponies is getting the very short end of the stick, and its sad because that is what MLP used to be all about. #goawayEQGforeverthanks

For Sale Wants

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 16, 2014, 12:40:07 PM »
The only thing currently I don't like about EQG is their new hands :s it looks like they're giving a certain WW2 salute  :|
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 16, 2014, 12:40:40 PM »

take this crap.. ><

IIRC, Ploomette, Skywishes and Starswirl were actually *European* exclusives - at least I never saw any of them over here.

I didn't know Sweetie Swirl was a UK/Euro exclusive, though?

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 16, 2014, 12:41:03 PM »
I'd like to see more of what MLP had in G1 and G3 - lots more brushables, including store and international exclusives. Sure we get Target and TRU and a few internationals but not nearly as much. And definitely not the same few characters over and over. I don't understand why Hasbro is so desperate to cut every corner. I know we're in a recession right now but come on, you have to spend money to make money. Remember Flim and Flam, Hasbro?? REMEMBER???

AJLareneg

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #350 on: February 16, 2014, 12:41:29 PM »
Huh...thanks for the answers everyone :P I feel alittle better now knowing that its just not flat out hate and "Kill it with fire" :X

The only issue I have with some EQG is the hair...my deluxe Dash has that kinda light, rip out easily hair  :| as long as I see no more of that, i'm good.

I dislike them because, it means less pony in show and toys. Season 3 was cut short because of the first movie to 13 episodes. And as you can see 40 new EQG and like 3 new ponies, they are taking over. I have no interest in dolls, and wish thy would spend more of their time coming out with new pony characters, and new My Little Pony movies rather than human movies.
And FiM is still running...I haven't seen a human in the show yet :s

This is just a new branch of Hasbro :P they could easily make new ponies using the multiple BBs as inspiration but choose not to  :(

I'll be getting some new ponies (the Snow Globe ones seem cool) but i'll also be purchasing as many EQG dolls as I can :P (obviously i'm an avid EQG fan :P )

True I just wish they had used different characters and not attached the My Little Pony title, it should just be called Equestria Girls and not My Little Pony Equestria Girls I hope eventually it will lose the My Little Pony part since it doesn't need it anymore. Yes I understand FIM is still a show with only ponies, but I'm disappointed and sad that the humans only get to be in theaters and get a theatrical release when ponies do not, my first biggest issue, second is seeing how much time and effort into new EQG characters at this toy fair and giving them tons of new characters from the show and not from the show, when the only new pony we got is Holly Dash as a single, and breezies paired with mane 6....
at least the show is still getting new episodes at all. And the network treats it like it's it's only show on sometimes. :/ I don't understand complaining about this. It's fine to dislike the equestria girls but you've said it so much already in here...

I think some of them are cute but I don't want to collect them because as other people have pointed out, monster high dolls run  at the same price points and you get a much better quality doll. I'm glad hasbro finally added feet to them instead of the pegs but the articulation really needs work if they honestly expect to compete in that market.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 16, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »
at least the show is still getting new episodes at all. And the network treats it like it's it's only show on sometimes. :/ I don't understand complaining about this. It's fine to dislike the equestria girls but you've said it so much already in here...
Ya, I agree..we get it you all don't like EQG, but there's no need to post it one every thread dealing with them mentioning you hate them :/ it comes off on others as annoying  >_<
Oh no!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 16, 2014, 12:53:58 PM »

[/quote]

IIRC, Ploomette, Skywishes and Starswirl were actually *European* exclusives - at least I never saw any of them over here.

[/quote]

well i should have  made that statement non  usa lol not just Uk.   but i mean the non usa ones are awesome.. and   yes  she was. 

Ya, I agree..we get it you all don't like EQG, but there's no need to post it one every thread dealing with them mentioning you hate them :/ it comes off on others as annoying  >_<

there was soemone acutly int hsi  THRAD asking  if people hated  EDQ dolls.   so  those of us  who dont like it ar ALLOWED  to  say and awnser the quesiton. thank you very much. and it might be annoying but  we have jsut as  much right to say we hate it    just as much as you all have the right to say you love it...   everyone ahs there own toughts and  likes and when soemone  directly asks if there is a hate or not..  question. then you have to be ready for the awnsers.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 16, 2014, 12:57:05 PM »
I'd like to pose (hahaha) a question to all who are complaining they have to hear about collectors' opinions of "WAHHHHH WE HATE EQUESTRIA GIRLS DOLLS!!!1" 

I can accept that fashion dolls are popular at a certain age demographic, that's fine.  41 dolls is a LOT to release in a spinoff of a toyline that's supposed to be about equines, but whatever.  I can save money I need to spend on other things (like a mortgage!)

BUT...

Why exactly has playing with little make-believe HORSES gone "out to pasture"? It seemed like it was a phase that most children went through, effeminate or not, we all wanted to play with HORSES.   Why do children not want to pretend this scenario anymore?  I mean, it was a legitimate thing for like... decades!  Now all of a sudden, pretend animal-care play is not even "normal" anymore.  Everything is either about FASHION or TECHNOLOGY.  :( 

P.S.  Everyone's opinions are valid here at the Arena, whether it's "I LOVE 'EM ALL!" or "I HATE THEM!".  As long as the member remains polite about how they post their opinions, anyway!  If people's opinions weren't welcome... the Arena would be a blog, not a message board for a community.   You don't have to agree with everyone's opinions, but you do have to accept that everyone has the right to express their opinions.  One of the many reasons that I love the Arena and its mod team!  :D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:00:45 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 16, 2014, 01:05:17 PM »

take this crap.. ><

Yea seriously take it all! I won't miss it and I know I'm not the only one, well take the Starswirl and the ponies above as singles. Sorry if I'm coming off a little strong everyone but it's just my opinion I think everyone who is into new ponies is getting the very short end of the stick, and its sad because that is what MLP used to be all about. #goawayEQGforeverthanks

Will you guys stop talking about some toys that have not been in stores for ages now? Some of those were not even found in every European country. Not to mention that they were not sold as singles...
You have no idea how much stuff we need to import these days and how lucky you are you can just walk into a store and get what you want. Not just the toys but merchandise too. Heck, we hardly got any new characters this year at all!
So yeah, you can have that handful of ponies that a lot of us couldn't find either, can we have your rediculous amount of merchandise and store exclusives? Thanks.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #355 on: February 16, 2014, 01:05:48 PM »

there was soemone acutly int hsi  THRAD asking  if people hated  EDQ dolls.   so  those of us  who dont like it ar ALLOWED  to  say and awnser the quesiton. thank you very much. and it might be annoying but  we have jsut as  much right to say we hate it    just as much as you all have the right to say you love it...   everyone ahs there own toughts and  likes and when soemone  directly asks if there is a hate or not..  question. then you have to be ready for the awnsers.

Yea exactly everyone has the right to their own opinion if you don't like mine or find it annoying thats fine, but this is a forum where we discuss our thoughts on the NY toy fair, and those are mine. Besides you asked everyone why they don't like EQG before.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:09:42 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 16, 2014, 01:11:46 PM »
Will you guys stop talking about some toys that have not been in stores for ages now? Some of those were not even found in every European country. Not to mention that they were not sold as singles...
You have no idea how much stuff we need to import these days and how lucky you are you can just walk into a store and get what you want. Not just the toys but merchandise too. Heck, we hardly got any new characters this year at all!
So yeah, you can have that handful of ponies that a lot of us couldn't find either, can we have your rediculous amount of merchandise and store exclusives? Thanks.
I just realized that  :blink: you're still forced to buy a Mane 6 pony if you want a non-Mane 6 pony :P

Regular Ploomette came with Twilight Sparkle
Star Swirl came with Rarity
Rainbow Flash came with Rainbow Dash
Skywishes came with Rainbow Dash
And Sweetie Blue fell off the face of the Earth  >_<

Ya  :(
Oh no!

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #357 on: February 16, 2014, 01:13:27 PM »

well i should have  made that statement non  usa lol not just Uk.   but i mean the non usa ones are awesome.. and   yes  she was.

No, Sweetie Swirl was not a Uk/Euro exclusive. She was a bonus pony with the Rarity's Carousel playset.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 16, 2014, 01:14:06 PM »
Also we didnt got the Wave 2 BB's here in the Netherlands. And I never saw the Rainbow Flash pack or the Star Swirl Combo :(

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 16, 2014, 01:15:04 PM »

take this crap.. ><
We skipped over almost every single TRU Collector pony in Europe, and lately we've skipped over dozens of Target/Walmart exclusives too. I'd love to have the stuff the US have, not just pony related either... And then there's the fact that we have to pay double the price... You guys don't realise just how lucky you are in this aspect :(
Pretty much what Malicieuse said, really.

And I agree with the opinions being fine, just as long as they aren't insulting another individual. There's been cases where I've been in the minority, but hey, that's how it goes sometimes.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal