collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies that demand you buy them :)  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Ponies that demand you buy them :)
« on: January 23, 2014, 08:26:23 PM »
   As in, they show up everywhere you look, suddenly, and start to grow on you...

This just happened to me with Dancing Butterflies.  I had no goal of collecting TAFs, since they can be fairly expensive.  I'd never really noticed her before a few months ago, and then suddenly she was everywhere- all the lots I looked at, several sales threads, etc...  And she just started to grow on me.  I really like the bright cheery yellow, and the pose...the butterflies and happy colors remind me of my daughter.  When she came up in a sales thread with someone who offered a multi-pony discount, I decided to give in  :silly:

Has this happened to you?  A pony you never noticed before and then couldn't stop noticing?  Did you give in too?  :blush:  I'd love to hear other's stories!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: Ponies that demand you buy them :)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:26:27 PM »
G4 Rarity has this power over me... and any Big Bro.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 02:20:10 AM »
Way back when I started collecting, I really did not like the Princess ponies. In fact I sold on several Tiffanys and Primroses and Royal Blues and Sparkles over a couple of years. And then one day in a lot arrived Princess Serena...and I just was unable to resist how cute she was - I love that pose, I love the colours and suddenly the bling [sparkle and tinsel] just called out to me. I had to buy all the Princess ponies! They are now one of my absolute favourite sets. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 06:54:56 AM »
Each G2 pony calls out to me, but I think that I have a better story to tell :blush:

My favorite G1 ponies were Wind Whistler, Paradise, Buttons... You know, each pony that had made me love them while watching the movie or TV-series. All other ponies I bought at first when I got to recollecting were just extras on the shelves. They weren't really my childhood ponies (G2's were mainly them even if I was a teenager when they came out) so I didn't give them even that much attention. Until one day I bought few ponies off ebay in a lot and there was one, very pretty pony among them.

Confetti!

This is actually how my love for the pony started - it was the UK version, in the shy pose and she was so adorable in my eyes.... Unfortunately I had to sell her (though she went to an awesome Arena member, Kathanka, so I knew she would be loved well :heart: ), but since then each time I had seen one on sale, it was very hard for me to resist buying her even when I was broke I contemplated borrowing money to get her :blush: And in Europe she is on sale so often! I even got one as a true bargain from an another collector in Poland and she was pristine white :heart: I traded her to Sandaookami though and replaced her since then too. I have to have at least two shy-posed girls on my display shelves at the same time :blush: I'm double happy now though, because one of them is in the Wedding Bells outfit and the other will be wearing the Something Old, Something New one... which means I have to get one more pristine white girl to keep her without the outfits :silly:

But yeah, back to the point. Not too long after I had to part with my first Confetti girl, I got my hands on the Argie babies and the obsession just grew as I learned about Confetti variants. Italians, Spanish, Argies, oh the Argies! :drunk: And of course the other pose that I wasn't familiar with yet - the walking pose which is much more delightful and pretty than even the shy pose. And my love just skyrocketed.

Not too long ago there was a beautiful Italian variant that surfaced, an OOAK. I was sooo upset I haven't been back to collecting earlier before she was sold :cloud: I suppose I will regret it for a very, very long time, even though I have a custom replacement of her (a much more cheaper one too!) in the making. But back then, I would give up all of my savings just to get her...

Confetti is just so pretty! I love how simple her design and symbols are - so simple it's easy to make a custom out of her even if someone lacks the artistic skills (like me!). And when I see the girl in her walking pose, my fingers get itchy and it's really hard for me not to go and check if I would be able to afford a next one :blush: My collection is still small, counting the customs-in-making, it's only around 30 ponies, but I can say that each new Confetti girl, even not mint and flawed is a wonderful addition to my herd. I get hyped up each time I see one for sale cheaply - or when I get my hands on merch. You can ask some customizers how hyped I became when they had a custom Confetti for sale or when I commissioned them XD My goal is to have at least 100 of Confettis and that each one of them is unique in way or another :) As for now, even my doubles are not identical, so I guess that aim won't be as hard as it sounds :D

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 08:36:38 AM »
MO Rice Krispies baby. I just wasn't that crazy about her to begin with... It was the red hair. Then she kept showing up here and there... Everywhere! Now I enjoy a moderatly sized army...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 11:28:39 AM »
G2 ponies specially white and
blue :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Fisha Seabreeze

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 11:33:52 AM »
Tootie Tails and Pina Colada were the first G1's I bought in over 20 years to complete my Tropics then the other major one was Night Glider because she was so pretty and rare. :cool:

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 11:49:53 AM »
hehe this was my issue with all of the g4's when i saw them i thought.. meh.. puny... then i started looking and im like..  ok they are kinda cute.
When i got my mlps out I wanted just ONE.. to say i had one.. and swore i was going to j ust get ONE.. now i have all of them but sky wishes..  -_-
oh well.

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 12:42:33 PM »
I seem to have acquired a lot of Dewdrop Dazzles. I really don't know why. Maybe cause I love G1 Parasol but am hesitant about recollecting G1. I have 2 parasol, I might get more. So perhaps Dewdrop is my substitute.

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 06:35:21 AM »
Yep, this happens to me quite often actually. I think I don't really like a particular pony or set and decide not to collect it and then something happens to change my mind completely.

When I first started collecting, I didn't really care for Sweetheart Sister ponies. I just didn't like them and decided not to collect them. Then one day my sister bought me Wild Flower. As soon as I laid eyes on her I was hooked. I just thought she was so beautiful and I decided at that moment that I wanted to collect all the SHS ponies.

I had a similar experience with newborn ponies. They didn't really appeal to me when I first started collecting. One day I was buying some other ponies from a seller here at the Arena and she happened to have a newborn Tappy for sale. She was in great condition and a great price and I was already buying other ponies from her, so I figured why not. As soon as Tappy arrived, I fell in love. I knew in that moment I had to have all the newborn ponies!

~Jennifer
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 06:41:13 AM »
G2 Eve has been demanding me to buy her because we have matching dolphin cutie marks ;)

Unfortunately I haven't seen her for sale in over a year!

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 07:57:16 AM »
Definitely the G4s! When the line first came out, I really did think that Hasbro had lost their minds--these didn't look anything like the MLP I grew up with, and I wasn't interested in the least. Then, I discovered there was a TV series, but I avoided watching it for fear it would spoil my good memories of MLP. And then I got Twilight Sparkle (bangs version, even!) for my birthday... And it all snowballed from there :lol:

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »
Not exactly a pony, but it still counts!  I was not sold on the Equestria Girls at all when they first came out.  Other than American Girl and Brenda Breyer (just because of Breyer Horses, haha) I have never had all that much interest in dolls.  So I didn't dislike Equestria Girls, I was just uninterested. 

I was in Walmart a few months ago to get some blind bags, and I saw Applejack right at the front of the Equestria Girls display, and I knew that I wouldn't be leaving the store without her!  I have no idea what it was about her, but I just had to have her.  Now the dolls have grown on me completely, and I have 3 (Celestia and Twilight have joined AJ!) and I'll definitely be picking some more up eventually.  I think that the Equestria Girls may have also gotten me started on a doll collection, because I have been looking at BJDs lately...  My wallet may come to regret that!!   

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 09:23:13 AM »
@Tinyshinyunique, if I ever sell my OOAK Italian confetti again it is you who will get her!
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »
Big Brothers are the current bane of my existence. I have a complete set but I still find myself looking at them here and on eBay. I even have two of a couple of them.  :lookround:  I know I don't need any more but my resolve is slowly slipping...

Also, Argies. I love their colors and variety but they've always been a little more pricey.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:08:52 AM by Jahlila »
*~*Jahlila*~*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal