collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: That one pony you always keep, even though you already have several?  (Read 885 times)

LuckyTwirlerina

• Trade Count: (0)
Does anyone else have a specific pony they just can't let go of? Like, you don't consciously try to build an army... but you keep hoarding that one whenever it shows up in lots... so you end up with a dozen of the same pony... And can't let any go!

I fear this is happening to me with G3 Kimono. I never got her when I was young and still get upset about it sometimes because she was the only one and I would have had the original 8, so now whenever I get Kimono in a lot she gets hoarded away into an army of Kimonos. I've acquired about four in the past three weeks since I got back into collecting I believe.  :shocked: I don't like the idea of compensating for something I feel like I missed out on, but... Geez, it took me 10 years to get her!

Who's your accidental army pony?

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: That one pony you always keep, even though you already have several?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 08:21:45 PM »
Oh my, four in three weeks! You just may end up with a rather huge army. ;) Kimono is a lovely Pony to make an army out of, though! I never bought any G3s when they were originally out, although it was for lack of available funds and not lack of interest. I still kind of regret not finding a way to get some back then (such as asking for them on my birthday and Christmas, at least). Now, knowing about the magnets, I'm afraid it will be hard for me to ever get many G3s. I have so many electronic devices in my room and lots of G1 and G4 Ponies are displayed right on or near them, which I can't do with G3s.

But ahem. Accidental armies. I don't have any yet, but honestly I'm so fond of Ponies that I have the feeling that no matter who the Pony is, I would keep the duplicates ... unless I found someone who really, really, badly wanted that Pony. Or unless the duplicates start crowding me out of my room.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 08:28:07 PM »
I've never had that problem honestly, but I certainly do have issues parting with Fireflys that make thier way to me, I could never refuse them. Of course, I have yet to get an extra of any Firefly so... (need to get some baits to restore)

I know several members have very very vast armies, I hope they speak up and share pictures :)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 08:35:44 PM »
Baby Cotton Candy. I am always looking for her in pristine condition, and then I find one with a tiny fault, and a tiny difference from the others, so I cannot sell her.
Same with Coco Berry! I think I have 4 or 5, but none is as perfect as I want her to be!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 08:40:50 PM »
I can imagine the exact same thing happening to me if I embark on trying to get a G1 Pony in better condition than one I already have, such as Posey.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 08:57:08 PM »
G1 Baby and Mother Glory for me. I think I have about 7 of the babies and 10+ of the mom. I find her 2nd hand often and she's ALWAYS in lots. I don't try to actively collect them, it just happens and I haven't listed any for sale for some unknown reason lol!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
I didn't really do it on purpose, but I had 4 Fizzys at one time! I've not found one that i love that I have an army of, though i have a few variants of Minty and Starshine. I guess the closest to an army I have is my Ember collection. There are a lot of variations in color for her and she comes in 4 different styles, so I doubt if I got more that they'd all be identical! I wouldn't let any Hopscotches go, however :) but i only have one of her!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 09:01:37 PM »
I don't end up with doubles that often, at least not on accident. Every time I've just kept one (at one point I had three Majestys, Baby Fireflys, Baby Stockings, etc). The only pony I have more than one of the exact same release that I intend to keep is Posey, and I have an army of her.

So yeah. I guess Posey!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 09:01:55 PM »
donkey pose Minty. I have 8.
TE Bright Eyes is starting to grow on me too. I have 2 loose and 1 MOC.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 09:15:27 PM »
G1 Dazzle Glow

G2 Silver Swirl

:biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 10:40:23 PM »
So far, I have 2 Baby Crumpets and 2 Princess Royal Blues. . . .

I don't think I could give up another Wibd Whistler if I stumbled across one, either.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 12:09:52 AM »
Apple Jack, any gen. It started with four G4 AJ's blind bag versions. Not on purpose, as I randomly pick two or three bags at a time.

Since last Summer I now have G3 AJ,five G4 blind bag AJ and two blind bag Apple Fritter. Which I now count any of AJ's family as part of my AJ army.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 12:41:58 AM »
G4 Rarity. I don't have enough to be considered an army (5 including her FS version I think. I'm not at home right now so I'm not 100% sure), but whenever I've bought a set that included her to get the other pony(ies), like the carousel, or overseas' gem carriage, I've not be able to get rid of her. I see this trend continuing. XD

I also have a feeling that when I finally do start delving into collecting G1s, Majesty is going to end up as an army pony for me too.

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 12:44:01 AM »
See my siggy for my army! LOL
That started in childhood actually! One of the moms at my birthday whispered to my mom when I opened someone else's Baby Tic-Tac-Toe that she had bought the same one. I remember opening it and saying "OH TWINS!" not knowing about the conversation! LOL So growing up, my TTT had twins. Then somehow I came across another Baby TTT and she had issues, but she stayed.
Then a collector asked if I wanted a TicTacToe, and while I already had my childhood one I couldn't turn her down. So I guess my army is Tic Tac Toe, as I honestly don't think I could turn away another one!  :lovey:
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »
Accidental armies are Flower Bouquet and Hopscotch. I didnt realise I liked Hopscotch so much and I am actually just about to convert accidental into a purposeful army :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal