collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Year of the horse Character discussion; Majesty  (Read 681 times)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
Year of the horse Character discussion; Majesty
« on: January 12, 2014, 05:14:25 AM »
Welcome to our third discussion of G1 pony Chracters, this week, we'll be looking at the pony Many regard as the ruler of al generation one ponies, and possibly the ruler off all Ponyland, the unicorn called Majesty.

Released for the 1983-1984 year, Majesty was a white pony with a blue mane with a white streak in it, and a field of blue flowers cutie mark. Instead of being released seperately, this pony came with the Dream Castle playset, along with Spike the Dragon, and severl 'royal' accsessories, such as her crown and golden horseshoes. Coming as part of the Castle set, the toy seemed to imply that this unicorn was obviously it's ruler.

Surprisingly, Majesty is one of the few ponies to not make it into the My Little Pony and friends cartoon series, despite her castle and dragon making appearences. She was, however, mentioned in passing in the original series bible. The fact that the possible queen of the ponies was left out of the animated series deprived the ponies of a potential strong female leadership figure, a sort of 'Optimus Prime' for the Hasbro girl show. The leadership role then fell often to Megan, whom the ponies would summon when the had a problem they could not solve. Sadly, this would create some negative backlash against the character, which she did not deserve.

The comics, on the other hand, featured Majesty as a main character. Potrayed as the ruler of the ponies, Majesty was one of the most powerful charcters in the series. She was a shown turning the ponies enimies to stone, altering the forces of nature, and even turning back time or manipulate the universe on a mere whim. She kept an eye on things through her magic mirror, and here served as the strong leader Ponykind could have used in the cartoon series. She could, however, act in ways thight might be considered ruthless, if such actions were in the intrests of ponydom.

So, what memeories and feelings do you have about the most powerful magic user ever shown in any generation of MLP? Do you like or hate the mare who is makes an alicorn look like a stage magician when it comes to raw power? Discuss the unicorn monarch here!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:25:25 AM by Firehooves »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Year of the horse Character discussion; Majesty
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 05:27:17 AM »
Ahhhh... I had her secondhand as a child - no castle.   I knew she was special because of the movie but due to the fact that she didn't do much didn't give my imagination something to work with.  :(  So she was very aloof and spent most of her time doing Queen things like... being aloof.  :-p
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 06:09:44 AM »
I got her as an adult collector, so I don't really have a past with her through childhood eyes but she is right up there with my favourite unicorns. I love the simple colours, the symbol, and I think she carries off regality wonderfully. She's beautiful  :)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 07:11:37 AM »
She's on my wantlist of G1s :P that's about it  :lol:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 08:23:22 AM »
I have a complicated relationship with her.

Toy wise... She should be my favorite G1 pony, because she's everything I love the most - a magical royality pony, who is an unicorn and has a blue-white color combo. But I cannot stand her pose :( If she was released later as a unicorn pony, I might have loved her, but even when I got her in my hands, I was disappointed with her. Which was upsetting as I got her as a swap gift and I felt truly awful about not liking her.

Comic, or rather, character-wise... I liked her a lot. I'm not sure if she would find a place in the cartoon, as some of the storylines would have been altered to her defending her ponies and winning over any villain. But because the comics didn't have such complicated and long storylines, she was perfect for the job. I haven't read that many comics with her, so the moments she acted ruthless don't occur to me... I think that depending on the way it was portrayed I would admire her even more or start disliking her more as a character :blush:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 08:38:36 AM »
I had the dream castle as a child. I really loved it. I think it was special to me because of having to go to the hospital as a kid at the time. They had to run some tests on me. :/ I was promised the set as a reward for going to the hospital. So it was a loving set that I really played alot with. I always thought that majesty was ruler of ponyland. She was busy being a Queen. I even think I put her in my plays so she was a pony I loved. :)

Tenar

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 08:55:46 AM »
I always thought majesty was a guy.. at least as I played with her / him. 

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 09:21:20 AM »
Majesty can be very ruthless and is even the aggressor on some occasions like The Goblins and the Castle of Darkness and the one with the magic basket she turned the villain to stone while he was begging for mercy.

But that's why you had to love her.  As I loving saying "Majesty, you magnificent bitch."
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 10:08:53 AM »
I own Majesty.  I spent awhile hunting for the mail order version as I really can't stand the balding look the Dream Castle Majesty tends to have (I know she needs it to wear her hat; I just don't like it.)

I think her colors are quite pretty and I wish she'd had a bigger part in the series.  On the other hand, the fact that there appeared to be no queen in the series made the ponies seem more democratic?  I still like her, though.

My Majesty is a proud but benevolent ruler.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 12:24:05 PM »
I had Majesty as a kid and I also got Windy at around the same time so Majesty was the queen and Windy was always her second in command wearing the princess hat (the one with the ribbons hanging out).

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 04:57:40 AM »
I always wished the toy had the same symbol as a lot of the artwork, and now I'm too lazy to make a custom. 

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 06:45:35 AM »
I got her, along with the Dream Castle, on Craigslist! Lucky me. I've had three of her at one time though, in varying condition. She always struck me as a little plain in appearance, but I love her in the storybooks and comics.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 01:32:50 PM »
Ah Majesty...

Ever since doing an army battle with my friend's (Firemuse) Majestic Army and my Surprise army, I keep seeing those two together in coloring books and books and the comics and makes me giggle and wonder what could make them 'fight'... Maybe Majesty was hoping Spike to get lost on his hot air balloon 'ride' until Surprise messed it up and saved him, X D

I like her myself and sad the omitted pages didn't make it in my Guide to see what their thoughts on her were T.T

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 03:16:17 PM »
I love Majesty because she's pretty much what I think a real unicorn would look like, though I think I'd have reversed her mane and tail colors to white with a blue streak. I've yet to find one with a nice mane. All of them seem to have very gappy plugs and her mane should advance closer to her horn is all. I love the simplicity of her symbol and don't mind her pose at all! I think she looks fabulous with the purple cape and crown from the Pony Royal (I think that's the name of it) Pony Wear set!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 08:54:36 PM »
I adore Majesty. The Dream Castle was my very special 5th birthday present; I still remember the excitement of opening it and playing with Majesty and Spike *happy memory sigh*

I always thought majesty was a guy.. at least as I played with her / him. 

She was in Italy...kind of anyway :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal