collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I wonder how this happened?  (Read 561 times)

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
I wonder how this happened?
« on: January 08, 2014, 05:05:49 AM »
This probably belongs in the doll house, or maybe the pony coral wasn't sure so I just put it off topic..

But I started my whole toy collection with a few dragons, ended up finding and falling in love with ponies and began collecting them and now... I have this...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And it's not stopping there... I've never liked dolls.. I picked up a Frankie once but sold her (totally regret it) but now I have these beautiful girls and I love them!! Ugh I'm insane, I got too many toys and not enough room, has anyone else done this?

(Also sorry horribly blurry pic, my iPad camera is terrible!!!)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: I wonder how this happened?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 05:16:45 AM »
Nice! I love all of the dolls you have pictured there  :biggrin:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 05:37:42 AM »
I can relate to this.. u.u I didnt even collect ponies when i came to the arena, I only came to get custom tips and learn a few things.. then i started collecting ponies, then LPS, monster high, etc etc... I cant go to a toy section anymore. >.<

Good luck rofl, your collection looks really good :)
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 05:44:53 AM »
Nice collection! :bigups: Maybe you'll consider joining us on the Monster High Arena?  :biggrin:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 06:21:02 AM »
Nice collection! :bigups: Maybe you'll consider joining us on the Monster High Arena?  :biggrin:

I'm registered there lol need to bookmark it so I'll venture there more often.

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 07:59:16 AM »
  You are Not alone!!!! :hug: Two years ago if you had asked me I would have told you, "I don't collect dolls, just ponies." But, the obsession only grew and morphed to include more pretty little pieces of plastic and now have a doll collection that makes me giggle in a fashion that make some question my sanity. Resin babies, Barbie, MH, Pullips, original artdolls, baby dolls, I could go on!!

I really need to get my entire collection together and photograph it! :silly: You'd feel better after seeing it. :D

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 08:15:16 AM »
  You are Not alone!!!! :hug: Two years ago if you had asked me I would have told you, "I don't collect dolls, just ponies." But, the obsession only grew and morphed to include more pretty little pieces of plastic and now have a doll collection that makes me giggle in a fashion that make some question my sanity. Resin babies, Barbie, MH, Pullips, original artdolls, baby dolls, I could go on!!

I really need to get my entire collection together and photograph it! :silly: You'd feel better after seeing it. :D

:) I wouldn't mind seeing that!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 12:32:05 PM »
You have a nice little line-up there!

I've never liked dolls
The thing with playline dolls nowadays is that they improved so much. When I was a kid there was only Barbie and she couldn't move at all. I preferred action figures and animal figures to dolls and only had Barbies that came with horses X)
Then came Bratz and I hated how they looked and what their "story" was (wow, they're all boy-crazy, fashion obsessed wannabe superstars... at least Barbie had real jobs).

But things have changed a lot since Monster High's huge success. People have finally realized that little girls want creatures, aliens and more fantasy-based material just like little boys. They also want articulated toys and toys with more interesting styles, stories, playsets, gimmicks and accessories.
This trend seems to captivate more and more adults who in turn suddenly become doll collectors like you and me ;)

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 06:02:03 PM »
You have a nice little line-up there!

I've never liked dolls
The thing with playline dolls nowadays is that they improved so much. When I was a kid there was only Barbie and she couldn't move at all. I preferred action figures and animal figures to dolls and only had Barbies that came with horses X)
Then came Bratz and I hated how they looked and what their "story" was (wow, they're all boy-crazy, fashion obsessed wannabe superstars... at least Barbie had real jobs).

But things have changed a lot since Monster High's huge success. People have finally realized that little girls want creatures, aliens and more fantasy-based material just like little boys. They also want articulated toys and toys with more interesting styles, stories, playsets, gimmicks and accessories.
This trend seems to captivate more and more adults who in turn suddenly become doll collectors like you and me ;)

Barbie had real jobs" I like that lol... And I hated brats with a passion, I thought their eyes were creepy... Still don't like them, too this day.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal