collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Deleted files from Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - can I retrieve them?  (Read 250 times)

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
I was wondering if anypony who is familiar with mobile phones could help me out as I'm a total noob when it comes to anything high-tech :cloud: I accidentally deleted files which were named "Sound" thinking it was something unimportant and i was trying to save some space. It got deleted immediately and just when I got rid of them, I started panicking, because what I had deleted were some lectures and presentations I managed to record why my hand was hurting and I couldn't take notes.

I've tried searching the Internet and there are a lot of programs and apps that are good for retrieving deleted files, but I couldn't find any opinions saying 'yes, that's the best one around, it's easy to use and I highly recommend it'. Is anyone familiar with any program that would help me out? It could be one of those buy-online if they accept paypal - I don't mind paying as long as it will help me out.

Another problem I encountered is the process of rooting - I tried Wondershare's Dr.Fone trial version yesterday and I learned that to even scan in search of deleted files, I should root my phone, but where it should send me to a site explaining what that is, it just sent me to a commercial site for Dr.Fone :cloud: Does anyone know what that root process is and how to do it? I read somewhere yesterday that it might damage my phone and that I'll loose my guarantee, is that true?

Or should I look for some phone-doctor and try to seek help by a professional? :cloud:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Deleted files from Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - can I retrieve them?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 01:29:51 AM »
Yikes! That's not good! I hope someone can help! Good luck!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 02:34:01 AM »
Man :(  Best of luck recovering them!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline iluvponiez

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 03:55:24 AM »
"Rooting" essentially makes you the administrator account on your phone and you can do things that you'd usually have to go to a cell phone provider to do. It also voids your warranty and makes it possible to brick your phone if you don't know what you're doing. I can't help you further as phones are all different and you need to find a bootloader for your specific phone to do so, but I have to warn that there's no guarantee that rooting your phone can recover the files!

If you have a Droid type phone (is a Galaxy a Droid OS?) then there are aps that can root for you. EasyRoot and Z4Root can.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 08:17:13 PM »
I would post a bit of a word of warning about recovery programmes; on smaller devices with limited memory sometimes when files are deleted they are just gone and all a recovery program will find you is the shell of the file [a ghost] rather than the file and its content.

I would honestly suggest a local phone or even computer shop - these guys know there stuff and will often already have the best recovery programmes to hand which they can try for you! Or does your provider perhaps have a technical support service? Or even try dropping Samsung an email; most of the big manufacturers have support services who can at least tell you whether there is a delete/back up system on your phone or even if a recovery program would be able to restore your data. Or sometimes they can even offer a service themselves for a charge. It depends on how old the phone is, who  your provider is as well as the level of service Samsung offer in your country.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 08:15:06 AM »
Thank you everyone for the input! I think I will do as hathorcat suggested and contact a local phone store first. I don't like the idea of changing anything in my mobile phone - not even with a help of a program. Plus I'm rather pessimistic about getting the files back :cloud: I have a good hearing memory so it's not like I have no idea what the lectures were about precisely but the amount of research I will have to put up to now to get information is scaring me - it'll be my exam period soon. Hopefully I will find someone to lent me their notes. Keep your fingers crossed for me if it comes to that ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal