collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What got you started collecting Nirvanas?  (Read 451 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
What got you started collecting Nirvanas?
« on: December 30, 2013, 02:51:56 AM »
I think I fell in love with most Nirvana ponies as soon as I bought my Mexican Bluebelle! I didn't quite understand the draw of Nirvanas at first...i mean, yeah, they're pretty and stuff, but it wasn't until I held Bluebelle in my hand and FELT the difference more than seeing it that the Nirvana bug bit.
Who was your gateway pony to the strange and unusual? Is there a certain type you love more than others, say Greeks in general, or you want all the variants of Moonstone in existance? Tell me all about it!

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: What got you started collecting Nirvanas?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 03:08:50 AM »
The first Nirvana which was really valuable was my greek baby minty the dark green haired Version a few years ago. It was possibly not the first Nirvana, but the first I remember.
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 12:39:55 PM »
My first nirvana was obtained through an art trade, and kicked off an affection for Italian ponies. I just liked the subtle differences, the feel, and the often more vibrant colours to their US counterparts (maybe it's the blue eyes that make ponies like Trickles or Confetti really 'pop'!?).

I don't have many nirvanas in my collection (oh... to have the $$!), but those I do have I really adore. Apart from my Italians I have one Dutchie, one German and now three Mexicans, who I particularly like. Again the subtle differences - and the hair, feel and even smell! Gorgeous  :)

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 05:25:44 PM »
I found out i had an italian Parasol and Lickety Split in my childhood collection, but when i saw the nirvana princesses, i fell in love. After that i started to read about nirvanas more and look at the pics :D 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 07:59:11 PM »
Pure accident, lol! I still don't have many, but that first one was an "oops, sorry, I messed up your shipping, have an extra pony!"

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »
I think it started with Argies :) i got my hands on Baby Confetti and Baby Moondancer and fell in love :) Then came some Germans, Macau ponies, Greeks, a swarm of Italians :silly: But they come and go and only my Confetti girls stay for sure by my side. I want to own a lot of the Nirvana babies though, I'm currently working on a wantlist - one baby from each country (not counting Argentina, Brazil or Peru. I want as many as possible of those :drunk: )

I'm drawn to how different the ponies are - either because of their color schemes, poses or that unique smell some Argies and Greeks have :heart: Each Nirvana pony is special in their own way, even if it's just a common Italian pony :)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 09:58:26 AM »
too funny true story - my first pony meet in MD and I won the Mexican prince moonie (well that's what I call him - emerald I think is the official name)

he is today my most cherished memory of meeting so many of you wonderful peeps in person ;-)

So I had really no clue about international ponies until 2010  (geesh  I am sucha noob)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

nollilols

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 11:59:47 PM »
I'm fascinated by the differences between them and regular ponies.  I can't afford to collect many,  but I love my Italian girls,  I love their non-glittery symbols and lovely blue eyes. I actually prefer Italy Gusty to her counterparts from the US and UK.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 03:52:55 AM »
I'm just in the process of purchasing a very nice pair of Italian girls...long haired darker pinkk Bowtie and long haired Firefly, both from Italy. I ADORE the Italy ponies, especially the long hairs! Unfortunately I think a lot of them end up getting their tresses chopped due to frizz, but these two look wonderful! I can't wait for them to make the long journey to their new, loving home in Canada :) too bad immigration for humans can't be as easy:lol:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 11:06:45 AM »
My first nirvana was Ladybird lol :) It was just one of those...never see her for sale, always wanted her, up she pops kind of moments. Some crazy ebay bidding and I still have never confessed to those I love how much she cost because I bought her when her price was still super high.

As to the why...thats harder. I love ponies, I love G1s and I love ponies which are unique - nirvana ponies are the only way to add unique ponies to a collection. And by unique I mean ponies which were not released in any other country rather than variants of ponies which were released in US/UK, etc. However over time I have come to appreciate all nirvana be they variant or be they a completely new pony.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 05:01:15 PM »
Those beautiful blue Italian eyes, though I can't really say I collect Nirvanas because the only ones I have are Poseys.
I'm actually more fascinated by similarities than differences, like how little Posey changed from country to country (because I love her colours). When I found out she was made in the Collectors Pose I just had to have her, that's when I decided to try and collect all her variants. (however I've had to draw the line at Venezuelan, too pricey)

I don't have much interest in many other Nirvanas but I must admit that Ladybird is one beautiful pony! ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 05:11:30 PM »
the colors. so many different variations and colors.
that and a pegasus baby blossom

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 02:10:01 AM »
this girl!

i saw a pick of her on someones pony shelf amongst a horde of other ponies and my eyes popped out of my head and had to have her!!
i asked the collector who she was and she pointed me to the argentina gallery.. aaaand my head exploded
then discovered all the other nirvana ponies too :)
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 05:07:07 AM »
Right at the beginning of my collecting, and I mean right at the beginning, I wanted a Bubbles to make a pair with my childhood Seashell and go on either side of my monitor. When she arrived, something wasn't quite right and I realised that my Seashell was in fact Italian. That led to a quest for Italian Bubbles to match properly, and the rest is history :)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal