collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: mul-ta and court2882's private Advent Swap 2013  (Read 2794 times)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: mul-ta and court2882's private Advent Swap 2013
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »
I am loving your box so far!  Keep the pics coming :D

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »
Bah! Trying to buy Lemon Drops for Mul-ta is a challenge. At least Spunky was a hit! :)

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 03:31:16 PM »
Thank you all for your comments! Kiwimlp - I'm loving it too! :lol:

Bah! Trying to buy Lemon Drops for Mul-ta is a challenge. At least Spunky was a hit! :)
Aww, this box has been plenty of hits, and no Lemon Drop is turned away ;) You clearly need to spend more time with your LD army... you know, brush them, caress them, feel their plastic, almost become a Lemon Drop yourself. :P

On to Day 9... :drunk: cOURT GOT ME A MAP of the German Empire! I'm super floored to receive anything Imperial German and this awesome mini map is just asking to be framed and end up on my wall. Where did you find it? There are no clues but it's period paper by the look of it, my guess is that it could have originally come with a book (it measures only about 24 x 30 cm and is folded in the middle).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 08:32:14 AM »
wow that's so cool!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 02:33:49 PM »

On Day 10, this beautiful Bouncy. :heart: I just love her dreamy pastel yellow look. (What is better than a yellow pony? A flocked yellow pony!) And she's got a lot of curl! With a gentle bath she'll literally shine.

I took a photo with the kid because I received her as an extra when buying one of Court's ponies. Provided that my notes are in order and that Court has been a good girl and opened her gifts as intended, she'll be unwrapping the said pony very, very soon. ;)

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 07:33:26 AM »

Time for a multi-update! Sorry about the even uglier than usual photo. Day 11 introduced me to NBT Tangles. Yay! I'm loving that pale aqua color. Ponywise, this box has so far been quite green and yellow (have you guessed my favourite pony colors already?) Day 12 was special, because it involves some of my favourite accessories :heart: Three fabulous candy barrettes, and none of them happen to be doubles! Thanks Court for expanding my barrette collection!

Also, I have been nomming the reindeer chocolates from Day 6 and they're so fine.

:dribble: On Day 13, I unwrapped some magnificent magnets… a set of historical orders and decorations from various German states (at least all but the one I couldn't ID). Awards are plenty beautiful and I spent a merry moment looking up the unfamiliar ones. I'm curious, does someone actually sell these or did you have them made? Any idea about what the last one is?

Many of these are actually stars that belong with the respective Grand Crosses.

In case you wanted to know -
1. Prussia - Order of the Red Eagle
2. Bavaria - Verdienstorden vom Heiligen Michael
3 (cross) Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach - Wilhelm Ernst Kriegskreuz
3 (star) Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach - Order of the White Falcon
4. Saxony - Albrechtsorden
5. Hesse - Ludwigsorden
6. Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz - Hausorden der Wendischen Krone
7. Hubertusorden. This one was quite a challenge - I didn't recognize it and couldn't for the life of me decipher the motto (my Low Franconian needs brushing up… lol)

And because it's past midnight here (time to call it a day), I guess I'm allowed to unwrap Day 14 - "Big, red juicy cherries are the favourite snack of Cherries Jubilee." I'm simply thrilled to have this big, red, juicy Italian lady (posing with her poor pink-haired self)! Plus, Court got me a practically mint one. I'm anything but a fan of the Tootsie pose but love CJ's cherry theme and the curious peachy color of the Italian version… I could go on praising her for a long time lol. Now I only need Tootsie to complete the Year 3 Italian Earth set. Plus an upgrade to my pink-haired CJ. And the reverse symbol one. ;)

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2013, 09:49:40 PM »
Sorry about the sporadic updates, I'm currently juggling a part-time job with what uni work I have left before the holidays. Meanwhile, the box has been awesome as ever...

Day 15 was very special - I got a cookbook by Court and her hubby! (I don't consider it within my power to post a pic because the cover has a photo of the authors on it.) There's so much stuff that I have never tried out and want to :dribble: Plus it's all the more fun because the entire repertoire is a bit different from what I've previously known. I have firsthand experience of French and my mom's rather traditional Finnish cooking, now thanks to Court I suddenly have a million cupcake recipes, a couple of Polish ones, Mars Bar Cheesecake (yes please!) and such. This is such a wonderful gift. :)

Remember Tangles? On Day 16, I unwrapped her gorgeous twin Jangles. Her pose must be my favourite of the newborns. :heart:

Day 17 rocked :dropjaw: I got Half Note, and she's not alone but with her guitar! The colors shock me anew every time I see one of the Rocking Beats, they're such a unique set. Pictured with Melody because that's her band after all (aren't the rockers "Tales ponies" in a way?) Now she has someone to jam with. Yay!

(Yep, my windows are in serious need of a wash on the outside.)

Day 18, a gorgeous Brightglow (another "Tales pony" in the broader sense.) *swoon* She looks and feels like she has practically never been played with. Plus, I always wanted to take a photo like this of a transparent pony.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 01:05:31 PM »
that's a great shot with the window backing. great ponies!!
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline court2882

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2013, 04:35:15 AM »
I am so happy that you are enjoying your box!

I am finally posting in a giant brag of the WONDERFUL amazing box I have received from the wonderful Mul-ta. She is so creative you will be so impressed.

Day 1:

Candies and a beautiful Baby Sunribbon!!! What a great way to start

Day 2:
The most adorable cookie monster apron!!

Day 3:
Some great new cookie cutters.  That would be a pony :)

Day 4:

Some unbelievable ginger cookies along with the recipe!! With the morning sickness they have been quite the blessing.  Thank you so much!!!

Day 5:

A beautiful reindeer ornament.  I love reindeer and my tree...such a great combination!

Day 6:

I learned all about a Finnish tradition and got some lovely candles and great chocolates!

Day 7:

So excited!  A flower pony!! Tulip!!

Day 8:

Another Flower Pony!! Snowdrop!  A very appropriate pony with the amount of snow outside ;)

Day 9:

A nirvana Moondancer and some chocolates!

Day 10:

Yay!! More cookie chocolate.  Mul-ta must have been watching the last time I got a chocolate bar like this from Europe and I loved it so much.  There is also another great recipe.

Day 11:

A beautiful baby Sunbright.  I love her hair!!

Offline Rainbow Revolver

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • An actual dog!!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2013, 04:48:00 AM »
Oooooh, what wonderful gifts!

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4155-8870

Offline court2882

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
Re: mul-ta and court2882\'s private Advent Swap 2013
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 05:00:57 AM »
Day 12:

A cookery pony!  Nice n' Spicy

Day 13:

Mul-ta painted a beautiful picture! She designed an outfit for Lemon Drop. Together with a Lemon Drop sporting the lovely outfit! Lemon Drop is dressed like St. Lucy for St. Lucy's Day!

Day 14:

A new horror novel!  I haven't read it either. It looks great.

Day 15:

Some chocolates and another amazing recipe.

Day 16:

I got some beautiful snowflakes.  I put them up on our tree! I think Mul-ta made them.  Thank you so much.  And you can see the beautiful painted box too!

Day 17:

A lovely Baby Gusty!

Day 18:

Some more candy and another lovely Reindeer ornament!

Day 19:

Baby Brother Apple Delight!
I have been trying for quite some time to get one!

Day 20:

Love Letter.  She is so lovely.  Thank you!

Day 21:

Three gorgeous bracelets! I love pearls and these are lovely. I will get so much use out of them :)

Post Merge: December 21, 2013, 05:01:31 AM

As a reply,  I found both the map and the magnets online :)  Etsy is a wonderful place :)

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 07:26:55 AM »
Court - yes, I made the "flakies" (though the patterns are not mine) and the bag for the bracelets on the 21st. The motif sort of fails though - I remembered too late that you didn't care for sea ponies. >_< Anyways I'm happy that you like your gifts, it's been great fun crafting for you. The last time I crocheted must have been in middle school, and St. Lucy-Limone's crown is the only thing I ever made out of Fimo. :P Have you noticed that her candles glow in the dark?

I've got something to show off, too ;)

On Day 19, I got a set of measuring spoons in cup units! :lmao: This is the perfect gift - Court's clearly been listening to my complaints about being always a little lost with cup measures. What is more, they play well with Day 15 ;)

Day 20 is my dose of Posey. She's in as fine shape as it gets and one of my favourite ponies, even in plush form.

Day 21 - Movie Firefly. Another pony that looks so much better in person, I love the blue of her hair.

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 08:30:41 PM »
Merry December 25th, whatever you're celebrating or not. :) I'm at the 'rents' getting stuffed and spoiled with presents… and this swap box. :drunk:

On Day 22, an elegant (and oh so Canadian ;) ) maple leaf ornament. I don't know if the picture makes any sense but it's a "filigree" work that I suppose could have been cast using a real leaf. Also, behold the amount of snow outside. Sorry to disappoint those who imagine the perfect winter in the north…

Day 23 :dropjaw: Da bomb! Court got me a freaking Strawberry Scoops in perfect sipping condition with her soda! I had the soda sippers on my list, but not in my wildest dreams did I imagine to get one in a swap. Thank you so much! Her curls will need some work, I can't wait to have a pony spa day!

On Day 24, I got Bushwoolie Wishful! I love these guys and now I only need ONE MORE to complete the set, and it's Friendly, not Cheery. He's in perfect condition as opposed to some of my pen-marked paint-rubbed Bushwoolies. XD

Day 25… :dropjaw: :freak: :faint: :hearts:

The AB-eyed Italian Lemon Drop I've had trouble finding: she has AB eyes but regular "stamped" symbols with 14 drops. :heart: Court was a little worried about my Christmas Day pony's condition, but in vain: I'm not overwhelmingly picky about the more unusual Drops and she's anything but bad, plus her hair is perfect! (Believe it or not, I'm anything but scary :blush: ) Anyways, if my calculations are correct, she's my 19th Lemon Drop variant not counting doubles and the Dolly Mix pony. I guess I appear ridiculously excited, I've been carrying her around the house XD

I won't be posting a photo of everything together because I left most of my gifts at my place so as not to carry them back and forth. This has been my first Advent Swap and an awesome one to boot. Thanks Court for the wonderful box!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 08:36:13 PM »
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful presents!!!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2013, 12:06:05 PM »
Gorgeous gifts, love the last 2 especially!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal