collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: mul-ta and court2882's private Advent Swap 2013  (Read 2805 times)

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
mul-ta and court2882's private Advent Swap 2013
« on: November 30, 2013, 09:36:13 PM »
When it was announced that the official Advent Swap wouldn't be running, I volunteered for a private one with the fabulous court2882. :xtree: Life has lately been keeping her busy (AFAIK there's no reason to worry though) and I'll have things to do this month as well, but I'll try to keep this interesting and updated every few days.

Day one, and time to open the box! I apologize for the bad photos, I took them in the morning when I didn't have much daylight yet (not a particularly smart move). I just want you to notice this "Santa" wrapping that made me laugh so hard - 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

HO HO HO!! There was a cool card featuring Court and her hubby as well. :)

On the first day of Christmas my (swap) partner sent to me… a Posey Rose with pink hair. I mean, look at that PINK. Posey Rose is apparently one of the ponies that are so much prettier in person. She always looked a little plain to me in photos, but now that I have her in my hands I just love her pastel tones. One more ballerina to go to complete the set, plus some more accessories.

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: mul-ta and court2882's private Advent Swap 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 02:20:31 AM »
Wow her hair is beautifully pink, congrats!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 07:29:21 AM »
Congrats :)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »
Congrats!! I agree, she is a stunning pony in person! I got her recently as well, and I fell totally in love.

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 04:34:59 PM »

The main thing I unwrapped on Day 2 is not a 7-Tales Patch. It's not a City Kids outfit either, but the 4 pink bow shoes. Silly thing to ask for, I know, but my City Kids was missing them. I originally got the outfit with yellow shoes and a Princess Pack bird brush; I assume the seller had mixed these two up. I had enough correct shoes at one point, but one beautiful day I found them stained with blue marker! The culprit turned out to be a ziploc bag with blue writing (not by me) on it. Lesson learned, and starting today, Patch can sport the complete City Kids with non-blue shoes again. With the shoes I found a sheet of G4 temporary tattoos (not pictured). It's been a long time since I so much as saw a temporary tattoo... :P

Congrats!! I agree, she is a stunning pony in person! I got her recently as well, and I fell totally in love.

Thank you for your comments. I quite like the Ballerina set even though they're not popular. Silky Slipper used to be my favourite, but she has found a mighty rival in Posey Rose. :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:40:40 PM by mul-ta »

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:40:44 PM »
Congrats, I also did a swap with her but my box I sent to her should of been there 3 weeks ago hasn't shown up yet. Congrats on your gifts so far!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 04:09:21 PM »

Day 3 was a box shielding this lovely HK Buzzer. Believe it or not I never kept any wingers in my collection before but they've been seriously growing on me, and Buzzer's a real gem with her lovely color scheme. She reminds me of Agua Limón, with the difference that one is within my budget and the other not really! Court even included what looks like her original flower pick and a golden flutter ribbon, here rather badly modeled by Honeysuckle who was in need of one.

Thanks Saja! I hope the box is okay :(

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 11:59:50 PM »
Hi Mul-ta!  I am so pleased you are happy so far. I will post a brag soon I promise!

Court

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 10:34:04 AM »
LOVE flutters, congrats on a beauty!.
Yep the box is fine, but it is unfortunately on its way back to Oz. Then will be reshipped again.
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »

A combined brag for Day 4 (maple syrup that I could have posed better for the photo, I know) and Day 5 (flutter combs). I've been lazy to find those flower picks and Court suddenly multiplied my collection! Plus, doesn't maple syrup seem like something flutter ponies could drink? I'm not going to experiment with that, just trying to come up with a logic in putting these in the same photo. :P

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »

Double update! I had a bit of the good ole "69" problem, but this parcel had already been ripped a little in transit so I chose to open it first. So, Day 6 was this guy. He came with reindeer chocolate that I've yet to taste but I have seen enough reindeer in my life to call him a moose instead.

On Day 7, I got Spunky! He (can't help it, in my head Spunky's a he) is sometimes called a baby camel and I thought he'd be somehow "baby-sized," but actually he's about the size of an adult pony. That's probably "baby" for a camel. I love everything about this Pony Friend - symbol, pose, colour scheme and the curly hair.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 09:52:03 AM »
Lol about your problem, some would say that's not much of a problem, but It just made me giggle. Congrats on spunky!! and all your other goodies.

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »
So fun!  I'm definitely stalking this thread!  Congrats on the wonderful presents so far

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 04:51:37 PM »
Lol about your problem, some would say that's not much of a problem, but It just made me giggle. Congrats on spunky!! and all your other goodies.

Haha, I took care to label my gifts "6." and "9." because the order matters in my box ;)

Day 8 is my dearest darling pony. Bad news - this is not the "symmetrical lilac drops" 2-stamper I was looking for but another "squiggly light blue drops" one. I must admit it is probably difficult to understand the difference based on verbal descriptions alone unless you've held the actual ponies in your hands. The difference is tangible in every sense of the word because the lilac drops one is made of much softer plastic. Good news - with a visit to the salon to straighten that tail, she'll be an upgrade. :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:54:53 PM by mul-ta »

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 06:46:19 PM »
Congrats!!!
I adore your Spunky!! Something new to add to my wishlist. I thought he was much smaller too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal