collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm sorry, You eat what?  (Read 1744 times)

kaninchen

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I'm sorry, You eat what?
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2013, 06:14:51 AM »
i love peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches. and ez cheeze sprayed on honey teddy grahams. or regular graham crackers in a pinch.

and frog legs.
and snails.
and turtle soup.
and blood sausage.
and boudin sausage.

i've spent a lot of time in louisiana. all manner of combined things end up unfathomably delicious.

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2013, 06:27:26 AM »
My boyfriend is part Japanese and introduced me to one of his mom's best concoctions: soy sauce and mayonnaise blended together. Tastes amazing on veggies or rice.

I don't eat a ton of weird stuff although I'm pretty good at trying things. I love escargot and squid. Bread with Worchestershire sauce or cocktail sauce, when I'm lazy and want a quick snack. I LOVE goat cheese. I'm also a fan of salmon roe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2013, 06:40:07 AM »
i love peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches. and ez cheeze sprayed on honey teddy grahams. or regular graham crackers in a pinch.

and frog legs.
and snails.
and turtle soup.
and blood sausage.
and boudin sausage.

i've spent a lot of time in louisiana. all manner of combined things end up unfathomably delicious.

I don't know about most of the other things in your interesting list, but by blood sausage do you mean black pudding? I LOVE black pudding. With lumps of white fat in it. Black pudding and walnut salad with beetroot tops, rocket and water cress. With cranberry sauce and balsamic vinegar mixed together and drizzled on top. WOW!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2013, 06:57:16 AM »
I've never had them, but i've always wanted to travel world lunching on insects and things! I know, it's weird, but north america is one of the only mass cultures in the world to not make use of such an amazing protein source :) I've heard stories that tarantula tastes like crab and coconut worm is amazing with rice...I dunno why, I've always just been drawn to trying exotic foods and really, it doesn't get more exotic than that for me!

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2013, 11:25:06 AM »
When I get hungry and there's nothing to cook, I've been known to mix things... >.>  Tuna and marmite sandwiches, sour cream and salsa mixed together with tortilla chips, trail mix cereal... not /that/ weird, but still pretty out there.  When I was a kid, I used to put Cheetos and cheese Doritos on my peanut butter sandwiches.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2013, 03:17:56 PM »
Wow, you guys are actually interested in what I eat? xD Im in shock! I got bullied so much as a kid for eating clover blossoms and other flowers on the playground feild! I figured the pancake ball thing was pretty normal, wonderful to hear other people like to eat flowers! I was beginning to think I was spiced with a bunny or something lol!

Oooo as far as mashed potatoes Idaho Spuds used to make these AMAZING instant mashed potatoes called "Signature" with real potato bits instead of flakes! That was my staple, but for sone reason I cant find them in stock anymore!! They were at Target and Walmart, heres a link. They didnt have any milk or butter in them, just dried potato bits and a few preservatives. I usually stay away from preservatives but these are DELICIOUS POTATOES!

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix#ip/Idaho-Spuds-Signature-Mashed-Potatoes-Potato-Bits-13.7-oz/21476099

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2013, 07:20:31 PM »
What won't I try at least once, so long as it doesn't set off one of my food allergies.
Here's odd things that I love to chow on.
-Sushi
-Squid
-Seaweed
-Danish cheese (the exact name escapes me)
-flowers (roses,violets) in my salad.
-fry bread

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2013, 07:34:54 PM »
Mmmm, squid.... I like octopus too, in certain foods. I also enjoy jicama, which is this big woody root, I like brussel sprouts and have since childhood.... I like artichokes too. And Nước chấm!!! Mmmmm... Vietnamese fish sauce..I'll eat that on just iceberg lettuce!! I also like a certain restaurant's teriyaki sauce on sandwiches. I've also had a real weakness for Cool Whip.... I used to eat it by the spoonful as a kid. Same with honey and REAL maple syrup. Duck is delicious, and venison is good when done right.... rabbit, I haven't eaten since I was a kid so I don't remember. I've eaten a lot of things..... I like food.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2013, 11:31:09 PM »
eating clover blossoms and other flowers
That is a major middle class food fad over here at the moment. Nasturtiums, borage, lilac flowers as well  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SALTY5621

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Tastes good in your mouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »
Oh! Octopus in icecream is a good one!

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2013, 05:15:58 PM »
Rice with butter and ketchup in it, but it all has to be cooked in.  It won't taste right if I add the ketchup after the rice is done.

Graham cracker cereal.  Everybody I've known says it looks absolutely disgusting, but I think it's delicious!

Grilled cheese sandwiches with spaghetti sauce in them.

I know that doesn't sound too bad, but my mom likes hot dogs in buns with mayo and peanut butter on them.  Blech!

My uncle likes to use mayo as gravy on his mashed potatoes.  Blech again!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »
I love animal guts! That's my favorite part of Thanksgiving, actually, is getting to eat the heart, gizzards, and liver of the turkey. I don't like the neck, though -- too bony. I like my steak as rare as possible, because the blood is so juicy and delicious. I'd love to try more foods involving animal guts/blood, but it's really uncommon where I live... :(

I also really love octopus and squid! <3

Really, though, what's weird about my eating habits is the stuff that I WON'T eat. I am actually incredibly picky, and there's a lot of really normal stuff that I just can't stand eating.... Weirder still, is that there's always some random exception to everything I dislike. For instance, I won't touch packaged bread, especially white bread. For me, bread has to be fresh from a bakery, and it can't be more than a few days old, because then it gets too dry and I don't like that. I can, however, eat packaged bagels. I cannot tolerate eggs, unless they're hard boiled. I don't eat hot dogs, though, I do love corn dogs. I don't like cinnamon, except for Cinnamon Toast Crunch and churro sticks. I'm okay with ground beef cooked with taco seasoning, but not chicken. I don't like American cheese and ketchup normally, but if they're on a burger from a place like McDonald's, then it's okay. I don't know. I am just really weird.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:32:31 PM by PandaBerryInSpace »

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2013, 04:20:00 AM »
I make throw together lunches , you get a bowl of leftover rice, and then toss any leftover meat into the bowl. Like left over sausage from pasta night , toss in the last bit of deli meat turkey. Add some peperoni if you have it , and eat it cold. I also find cartilage yummy as well.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2013, 09:52:33 AM »
I've not tried them, but has anyone heard of calf fries or Texas Oysters?   :P 

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2013, 10:17:26 AM »
Oh, I just thought of another one, I eat "raw" bacon.
 Now, I have to point out, that "raw" bacon is not actually raw...it's cured and smoked, so it is essentially cooked, but it's still not the greatest to eat before you burn off the fat and such... but I just love it so much.

Also, I have to point out I will only eat well known brands, not anything that seems particularly off or weird. Then again I do the same thing with foods I cook. xD

I've never had any ill effects from it, but I could be asking for trouble down the road....but I honestly just like it enough that I risk it. xD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal