collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Moving to Australia from the UK- anyone done this?  (Read 271 times)

Offline duckie

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Moving to Australia from the UK- anyone done this?
« on: November 25, 2013, 01:29:50 AM »
My bf and I are renting at the moment but in January will be looking to get a mortgage. However we're also considering the possibility of heading over to Australia, maybe for a year at first but with the potential to stay permanently. We have checked and we do both qualify for skilled worker visas (I'm a teaching assistant/nursery worker and he works in IT).
 I just wondered if anyone had done this before and had any tips or advice? We are making a list of everything to consider/research etc. and if we did choose to give it ago it wouldn't be until Summer 2014 at the earliest. But it's good to start planning :)
Thanks in advance!

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Re: Moving to Australia from the UK- anyone done this?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 02:57:09 AM »
A lot of my family have moved out there, dad's side have been there since hmm way before I was born, they love it out there.
My cousin on mum's side moved over a year ago with her boyfriend (fiancé now) she does love it there but she has found it hard because she misses her family, she was only supposed to be there a year but found out she is staying there now so she obviously loves it a lot  :biggrin:

The only thing I would say is check on money as my auntie said it is actually more expensive out there, cousin is ok because her fiancé's  company is paying for there flat & they are both working. They are in Sydney so maybe its just there that is more not sure though, my best friend is out there at the moment though travelling she is having trouble finding a job & told me things are expensive too.

You could always go out for a year on a work visa and see how you like it :)

At least there is sun down under unlike here lol
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 04:21:00 AM »
I don't have anything to offer, but I do wish you the best of luck, whatever happens :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 04:49:24 AM »
Prepare for HEAT like you've never experienced it before!  :P

I live in NZ which I believe is similar in climate to the UK and as much as I love holidaying in Aus, the heat is just unimaginable.  If you can cope with that, you will find Aus an amazing place to visit/live and I'm sure your experience on the whole will be a positive one.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 10:31:44 PM »
Sounds exciting! Best of luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal