collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro just blocked RaMC on Youtube  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro just blocked RaMC on Youtube
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2013, 12:47:22 AM »
Ah well. It's always a gamble when you do that stuff - I was still learning about copyright law about a decade ago and had been putting up first issues to comics I was reviewing as a 'now get into the comic!' thing, and the creator of one of the comics came in panic and asked me to take them down and also linked me to where I could link to legal sample copies.

I mean, I thought I was doing a good thing but that poor freaked out author made me look more into it. At the time I felt kind of resentful, even though he'd actually been nice about it. But I'd also had a bunch of old pony episodes on my webserver that I realized maybe shouldn't be there, so I think he may have saved my website account by making me realize I should delete my majorly not mine stuff.

That said, the person who had all of Moondreamers on Youtube is a saint. And I would have adored you if I didn't have my own copy of Rescue at Midnight Castle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Tabbyclaw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro just blocked RaMC on Youtube
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2013, 06:39:26 AM »
It's a REVIEW which puts it under the section of commentary as well as parody of fair use which protects my first amendment right to critique without the creator trying to censor my possibly negative opinion using copyright claims.

If I have misread your particular situation then I apologize.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal