collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ornament Swap Brag!  (Read 9069 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Re: Ornament Swap Brag!
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2013, 11:54:38 PM »
Those kitten ornament are so adorable!  I love how your cats got in on the gift opening action.  They're such pretty kitties.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2013, 01:28:05 AM »

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2013, 04:44:21 AM »
what a lovely thoughtful box, MiRaja!  Congrats.  I especially love that snowglobe card!  So cute.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2013, 05:18:18 AM »
Okay, time to comment on all the brags I've missed since my son was born.  :P

1. kaninchen's box from Cate_Dartfinger: Wow, such beautiful ornaments and thoughtful extras!!  That Tiana is so sparkly and gorgeous, but I can't help but laugh at the placement of the spider in the brag photo.  "Along came a spider and sat down beside her..."  :lol: And what are those Makit & Bakit thingies? 

2. Katgyrl's box from Sugar: LOVE the shiny red and green wrapping paper!!  I love the special touches with the gift bags and labels, too.  That Pinkie Pie ornament is super cute.  I really love the glass bells and candies, too.  And look at all the fun craft supplies!!  And tea... and gifts for kids... and wow, baby ponies, too!  What a great box, Sugar!

3. wystearya's box from jwalraven: This reminds me of a care package I might receive from my mom or mother-in-law.  Both of them are highly skilled in the art of putting a lot of awesomeness in a small box.  I would much rather get enough of the right thing than too much of something I don't want or need.  This box is just perfect.  ^.^
:good:

4. Emberfly's box from Ice Crystal: HA, love the cute Santa suit gift bag!!  I really like the pony ornaments and extras, and how unique all the ornaments are to one another and their different materials.  It's hard to pick a favorite!

5. tikibirds' box from Katgyrl: Those holiday gummies look so festive and fun.  And fuzzy socks!  I like fuzzy socks.  ^.^ As for the ornaments, they are precious.  That white and silver fox looks so regal and sophisticated, and WOWZA on the glass ornament.  You must have surrounded that thing with a ton of bubble wrap, Kat!  Well done!  :iconclap:

P.S. What's in the little baggy? 

6. madhatterda's box from mkia9: First of all, I love the comical wrapping paper!  Reindeer cats and Santa/elf dogs, bwahaha!!!  I am so in awe over this box.  Such beautiful handmade ornaments... and even some for the dogs! :heart: I love the collection of Alice in Wonderland ones.  Good choice for our Alice-loving pony friend. ;) I can't believe you didn't stop there.  MORE mushroom ornaments, awesome doggy ornaments, a pickle!, and the coolest-ever mushroom mug!!  What an incredibly thoughtful box all round.

7. Ice Crystal's box from xeevee: I am loving all the wrapping paper choices in this swap, but I think the pony Christmas wrapping takes the cake!  And oh my gosh, a personalized Christmas pony card!!  Love it!!  I am just dying over this box.  It's pure perfection!  Mince pies, a special ornament swap ornament, an elegant glass pony, a beautiful fabric owl, a gorgeous peacock, the cutest-ever pink hedgehog, a laser-cut wooden stocking, fancy Mickey, and Twilight Sparkle in a stocking... wowza.  Oh, and those snowman beads are adorable!  But the best has to be that homemade pony ornament made by Anitas_Mom.  What a truly amazing box, xeevee.

8. xeevee's box from barbgirl1999: I like the big, shiny ornaments to add some bling and sparkle to the tree.  And those birds really are beautiful, especially the peacock.  I have to laugh at the gingerbread ball ornament -- too adorable and squishable!!  Mmmm.... Christmas tea and Christmas coffee.  ^.^ Have you tried them yet? 

9. archidraca's box from RedLynx:  Again with the wrapping paper.... GORGEOUS!!  I love how even the main box is wrapped up in the lovely sparkly snowflake paper. :heart: And does someone like snowflakes or what?? ;) I love, love, love the glass snowflake ornament and the silver one from Harvey Lewis is beautiful, too.  I honestly cannot believe all of those blind bag pony ornaments (especially the customized one!), and can I please have a snowman Peep? ;) I know a lot of us are sending out pickle ornaments for this swap, but I have to say that felt one with the googly eyes is my favorite.  That Tinkerbell snowflake ornament is also just perfect.  I love this box. :heart:

10. wiccanpony1's box from MirnyJ: Such a shame about the owl snow globe! :( I wonder if there's a way to repair it?  It is quite pretty even still, though.  The reindeer and owl ornaments look like they came straight out of a winter wonderland.  Lovely. :heart:

11. Libelle's box from wiccanpony1: The hummingbird wrapping paper really is divine.  Fun extras!  But those two glass ornaments truly are stunning.  ^.^

12. Sunshine's box from ponylady: I love the country Christmas wrapping, and the labels are cracking me up, lol.  I have never tried that eos lip balm, but I might need to go buy some.  I am a lip balm addict. ;) I love the whole country theme that is going on here, everything from the wrapping to the gifts themselves.  I love the fishing stickers and the big FISH ornament.  The homemade twig snowflakes and reindeer are so creative.  Great box!!

13. MirnyJ's box from Emberfly: Did you make those polymer clay ornaments, Emberfly?  They are too cute.  ^.^ I love all the sparkly ornaments, especially the candy cane.  And another Christmas Pinkie Pie ornament! :heart: I am also very impressed by the Jack Skellington bulb.  Awesome!

14. michelle53's box from M!indy: Pretty ornaments (especially the silver ones and clear snowflakes), but I have to say I'm most intrigued by the Tim Tams.  They look delicious! ;)

15. MiRaja's box from Marigold: The treats all look so yummy and unique, especially those individual teas.  I've never seen dark chocolate covered blueberries and almonds, but oh my goodness, yum!!  Where did you find these?  I love the painted glass ornaments you found, Marigold.  The origami one is also awesome, but I think my favorite is the cat.  Such a perfect choice for your cat-loving partner.  Well done! :)

Phewf!!!  That was a lot of brags!!!  :xmas:

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2013, 07:38:08 AM »
Lochness, the blueberry chocolates were found in TJMaxx (or maybe it was Marshalls?).  They often have really tasty treats there.

MiRaja, I am so sorry my card was so pathetic!  I mean, it was a pretty card but I know I just scribbled some quick notes on it.  I was rushing to get your box sent and realized I forgot the card and then the pen I picked was not a good one for what I wanted to say!  What I wanted to say was I started with a snow theme but then it morphed into something else especially when I read about your adorable cats and the loss of your childhood ornaments.  I wanted to find things that were vintage to help start replacing them.  I had no idea the cat would be from the same collection, but it looked so much like your kitties I had to get it.  The shrimps were made by me.  My aunt has a tree with a lot of origami ornaments that I admired so much as a kid that I learned how to make some.  The shrimp were always my favorite.  I love to make them.  The poinsettia is vintage and has some repair to the color on it but I hope you like it anyway.  It was kind of an add in as an extra for decoration as are a few of the other ornaments.  When I read about your poinsettia lights I felt like I wanted to add it in.  I'm so glad your cats like the toys!  I didn't know you liked sponge candy!  It is hard to find in the states except up in Pennsylvania and New York.

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2013, 09:00:12 AM »
Time to brag!!!  My partner was...Sandra!  She put together an -amazing- box that fits me so well!  I am a bit old fashioned when it comes to Christmas decorations (or at least, I aspire to be!), and I have a bit of a country flare to the way I like to decorate!  Well, despite my style being different from hers as she mentioned, she totally nailed it! :D 

Here are the extras!  Well, minus a two cookies and a rice crispy treat.  *coughs*  They didn't last long after the kids and I opened everything.   :blush:

The Santa and his present are salt and pepper shakers, so cute!  Also among the treats...Guylian chocolates!  Oh my gosh, the best things ever!  I love them!  I haven't had one in I don't even know how long.  Sandra also sent me some wonderful teas (that smell soooo good), some luxurious butter cream frosted cookies (two of which were eaten just after we opened the box), and two rice crispy treats (the kids already share one).  Mmm!  And cookie cutters!  I -love- cooking and baking, so they're perfect!  I also put the cute boxes she used to pack things into the picture and her beautiful card!

Another couple of extras and the first ornament!

Gorgeous hand towels and a set with an oven mitt!  And they're Scotties and reindeer!  My favorites!  I love having festive hand towels and I was hankering for some new ones, too!  Since money is tight for us this year, I haven't let myself pick up any and now I have even lovelier ones than I saw!  The reindeer ornament is so pretty!  My kids are aching to touch it, they think it's awesome and I agree!  Sorry the photo is so blurry, I didn't realize it or I'd have taken another before coming to share.  >_<

And now, ornaments!

Look!  A rooster!  He's lovely!  And the star is made of many tiny cuttings of a tree branch.  It's really cool!  Then there is a lovely nest with eggs and a flannel Christmas tree that my kids managed to snag and run off with.  And last, but not least a really amazing, antique looking ball ornament that is just gorgeous!

I don't think the photos do any of the ornaments justice!  Everything is so pretty and it feels so luxurious and fancy (can things be fancy and country?), I feel so spoiled!  I can't thank you enough, Sandra for making my Christmas so special!  :tackleglomp:

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2013, 09:21:03 AM »
Wow, there's so many new wonderful brags.  So many lovely ornaments, everyone did so well putting together the boxes.

13. MirnyJ's box from Emberfly: Did you make those polymer clay ornaments, Emberfly?  They are too cute.  ^.^ I love all the sparkly ornaments, especially the candy cane.  And another Christmas Pinkie Pie ornament! :heart: I am also very impressed by the Jack Skellington bulb.  Awesome!

I didn't make the polymer clay ornaments, they were store bought.  I only made the last three in Mirnyj's box.  I'd like to be able to work with clay someday.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2013, 10:25:15 AM »
I received my ornament swap box today and much to my surprise it came all the way from Germany! Libelle, on a side note, you have the most perfect writing I have ever seen! I was in awe even before opening the box!

The contents of the box were absolutely perfect! I loved each and every ornament and trinket you included! I enjoyed all the little hints on the tags and I did open them in order like you asked!

There are going to be a ton of pics in this brag, so here we go:
Here's the box:

I loved all the little stars on the outside!

My animals were all very interested to see what I had got! Here's Paco (the dog), Spencer in the back, Pip, and Matilda Marie.

Here is everything all taken out of the box. I absolutely loved the wrapping paper and the boxes!

All the extra goodies!

I love the little cards! The reindeer are particularly adorable.

One of the Kinder stars was opened up and here is what was inside:

Stickers! These are adorable. I love how the reindeer is chubby!

Here is Pip being ever so helpful:

And Matilda showing off my little German calendar:

Look at these gorgeous wood ornaments! I am debating whether or not to paint one of them, but I do love them just as they are!

Look at these cute polar bears:

I swear you were reading my mind with these:

Did you make these? I have them sitting on my shelf right now. I needed something to make it look complete and they were perfect:

I was shocked to see a personalized ornament! My name is usually hard to find! My husband was amazed with it as well!

Thanks for the translation, too! My friend (who is from Germany) will be thrilled seeing this on my tree!

I just finished a Christmas book and was in need of a new one, so this was perfect timing:

I was really anticipating opening the largest, last box. I was certainly not disappointed!

A closer up pic:

The colors are absolutely perfect! The reindeer and snowman are too cute. The other two remind me of the vintage ornaments! Once again, I swear you were reading my mind!

Here are all the goodies together:

And see if you can spot the new ornaments on the tree:

Thank you once again Libelle! You wrapped everything so perfectly and nailed my likes head on! You certainly made this a very memorable first swap for me! :D

Post Merge: December 11, 2013, 10:31:08 AM

I'm not quite sure why two of the pictures won't load correctly :(
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:31:09 AM by nessy_86 »

Offline fireglides

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Crazy Scottie Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2013, 12:13:51 PM »
Another couple of extras and the first ornament!

Gorgeous hand towels and a set with an oven mitt!  And they're Scotties and reindeer!  My favorites!  I love having festive hand towels and I was hankering for some new ones, too!  Since money is tight for us this year, I haven't let myself pick up any and now I have even lovelier ones than I saw!  The reindeer ornament is so pretty!  My kids are aching to touch it, they think it's awesome and I agree!  Sorry the photo is so blurry, I didn't realize it or I'd have taken another before coming to share.  >_<

Scottie towel! So cute. :)
:good: Selling my collection -  take a peek! :nerdy:
   500 ponies - G1, G2, G3, G4 - includes Mail Orders, Comic Con, etc.

Includes other 80s items with more coming soon...

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2013, 01:31:06 PM »
That reindeer is super cute even if blurry. ^.^

And I love those wooden stars! So pretty! :heart:

Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2013, 02:44:04 PM »
Beautiful boxes everyone!

I would write more but seems like I'm constantly running these days. Love the boxes though!

:freak:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2013, 04:27:57 PM »
RedLynx, I'm so glad you liked everything in your box! There were actually a few more rice crispy treats that were supposed to make their way into the box, but, eh... they were nowhere to be found when it came to packing everything. :blush:

And now, onto my own brag! I'm so, so sorry that it took me this long to post. I've been so busy lately with work (I work retail) and with the mall's extended holiday hours, I've had almost no time to myself other than to bathe and sleep! My partner was the wonderful wystearya and I'm so happy with all that she sent! Thank you so much. Words cannot express how delighted I am with your package!

Everything was so beautifully wrapped. I love the different kinds of wrapping paper that were used. I also found the little notes throughout the box really cute. :biggrin:

First off, let me just say that I think my boyfriend was most excited about this box. He was with me when I opened it and literally squee'd when he saw the candy in there. Rolo's are one of my favorite chocolates and I'm sad to say that I only got to eat two pieces before he got ahold of them. XD I was, however, able to enjoy some yummy Sour Patch Kids. The ornaments I got were a beautiful Pegasus that wystearya customized, a pretty sparkly butterfly, and a glass bird that didn't show up very well in my photo. In addition to ornaments, I also got an adorable little pony keychain (who will be hanging off my lanyard at work), some cute Sanrio toys, a little MLP tin box full of STICKERS! And last but not least... BABY YOYO! She is soooo cute and perfect for my collection. I love her pose... it's just too precious.

I only got a close up of one ornament, and I don't meant to pick favorites, but gosh do I love it. It's the Pegasus that wystearya customized for me.

Can I just say how in love I am with this one? :blush: He's just too beautiful. I had mentioned in my original post of how I loved carousel horses and would've loved one as an ornament and wystearya made my wildest dreams come true. It's a Pegasus carousel horse! She was able to decorate it to make it look like a carousel horse, with beautiful little rhinestones to boot! I was so touched, and it really warmed my heart knowing that she took time to really make it extra special for me. :hug:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, wystearya. I couldn't be happier with my box. I can't wait to get a tree this year so I can display all the beautiful things you sent me. Baby Yoyo is also very excited to be joining my herd, and she already has her own spot up on display with my other baby ponies. :) You did an amazing job and I'm so happy that you were my partner! :hug:

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2013, 12:33:19 AM »
That Hello Kitty is so cute! :heart: And i think the Pegasus is gorgeous. :biggrin:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2013, 03:24:09 AM »
Sandra, I see a baby pony in there! *squee*! That Pegasus is beautiful!

I love the kitty ornaments! And the kitties. :D

Lovely lovely boxes everyone!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #194 on: December 12, 2013, 03:38:44 AM »
Omgod that pegasus ornament is AMAZING :dribble:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal