collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ornament Swap Brag!  (Read 9162 times)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Ornament Swap Brag!
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2013, 01:08:13 PM »
I hope my partner posts their brag soon... :sheepish:

I know you must be, sorry... I took photos but haven't put them up yet since I still hadn't finished putting together my own swap box and am already nearly a week past the shipping deadline.  I felt that took precedence over posting a brag, hope you understand.   ^^; They will be up soon, I promise.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline fireglides

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Crazy Scottie Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2013, 03:00:25 PM »
What a great brag thread. These boxes are amazing! I've got to join next year!
:good: Selling my collection -  take a peek! :nerdy:
   500 ponies - G1, G2, G3, G4 - includes Mail Orders, Comic Con, etc.

Includes other 80s items with more coming soon...

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2013, 03:17:34 AM »
Wow, lots of brags went up over the weekend! Everyone's boxes were so lovely!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2013, 07:29:51 AM »
Woot!! :yippee: :hearts: My swap box came!! :cheer:

My partner was the ever wonderful, always helpful, super crafty and uber-amazing PONYLADY!

:whistle: So at this current moment I'm waiting for my photos to upload, but my postman braved my scary driveway to get my package to me. And just a little side note, I definitely did NOT get any notice about the package :blush: so, I apologize Ponylady for making you wait but, I really didn't know it was there! But now it's here, so it's all good! :thumb:

So I first opened the package and everything was wrapped so beautifully! But not only that, it was definitely the "feel" of how our house is for Christmas, the gingham wrapping paper and the little natural paper-type ribbon, the beautiful festive seasonal embelishments! I opened it and definitely was like, "This is totally Me!" :biggrin:

Okay so, I am really bad at step-by-step picture taking, I open then photograph, so I'll start with the absolutely awesome extras that were in the box:
First - NOMNOMNOM Ponylady these look SO delicious! I love spice, cajun, southwestern, etc - and you were so good not to send me candy, I swear I've been gaining weight like it's my job lately :yikes: so I can't WAIT to snack on these delicious nomnoms!!

Second - :biggrin: I LOVE Febreeze and Glade candles, finally have a place I can light them where my cats can't go up and go *sniff* "Derrr what is fire?" - lol - and this one is pine scented, it's one of my favorite smells! Last year I had the same smell in a spray can and I bought like 10 cans because I love it, and I just burned the last of my other candle last night - so this is perfect! The house already smells wonderful (yes, I lit it, I couldn't resist! :heart:)
And also my FAVORITE lip balm in the world - Eos! And I haven't personally seen this "flavor" - Honeysuckle! The only ones we have around are the mint and... pink ones, this one smells SO GOOD. Already in my purse! :heart: Thank you thank you!

I also opened these amazingly cute fishing stickers, as Ponylady and I both love the outdoors and nature - these are right up my alley! 
:bateyes:

And then, my favorite extra ever srsly - Pony hair! :frolic: And how festive, I don't even know how I didn't like think of doing this, Red green and white hair hanks! :lol: SO perfect!

That was just the extras, now I get to share the AMAZING ornaments that I got!

The best part of the whole box was that Ponylady MADE ornaments for me! By hand! They are all so personal and I just LOVE them!
So photos, lol:
First, I opened (yes, I followed directions - carefully! :biggrin:) these three absolutely beautiful delicate wooden snowflakes! They're made of small twigs and have these absolutely lovely holiday feeling embelishments in the center! And there are three of them, they are all different but yet, all match. They are going to be perfect near the top of my tree, because I always end up with heavy ornaments, my tree looks barren on top, lol :lol:

Second, these are fantastic - Wooden reindeer! Another beautifully creative handmade ornament, one is Rudolph as you can see! :biggrin: I love that one is red nosed and one is black! And on the back, the year! Their antlers are little twigs, and look at those cute bows! I just love the design of these!

Then, because as I mentioned both Ponylady and I love fishing and nature, I got this awesome fish ornament! "From one fisherman to another!" :heart: - it looks like twigs but feels like metal almost, I love it!

And last, but definitely not least... I was blown away to find a personally created ornament with my Ponysona on it and Ornament Swap, I LOVE this! Not only will this be a prize ornament on my tree, but it is definitely staying displayed out in my pony room the entire year. It's porcelain and it's just... I mean WOW! :dribble: It's so thoughtful, it really blew my socks off when I opened it! :heart:

Everything all together: I was SUPER spoiled! :drunk:

Handmade items carry so much thought and love, I really felt like you totally got inside my head and totally nailed everything, you definitely packed "our Christmas" into a box - as in how we make our house look, our tree look, everything was totally right on target! Once we put our tree up this weekend I will definitely have to take more photos. Right now I have them all hanging on the mantle (where the stockings will be soon, haha) and they just fit perfectly with my decor and my likes, everything! Ponylady, I've had so much fun being on the Arena and being able to get to know you, first as a mod, and then as a friend, and I just am over the moon for the swap box you created for me! :inlove:

ACK! I didn't write the most important thing ever: THANK YOU! Thank you thank you thank you! I love everything so much! I wish words could express more but: Thank you!!! :hug: :heart: :inlove:
*And Whoops I never put the card back in the photos :blush: But I got a lovely card as well that is actually my first "Christmas Card" of the season and is already up on the shelf for holiday flare! :biggrin:*
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:33:26 AM by Sunshine »
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »
Prepare for the most thoughtful box you've ever seen!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: I received it from Emberfly this morning and took a peek at this lovely card before I left for work.

Siamese cats are my most favorite animals ever!  ^.^ When I got back home it was present time!

One, two, three, many, many, many! Plentiful box of little presents!

A little snowman was travelling with them.

Now this is not the order I opened the presents but I want to show them in order from the smallest ones to the very best ones. :lovey:

Fun little snowman and reindeer ornaments made of polymer clay or something similar. :)

A soft little mister Gnome! I do like gnomes made in this style.

Next up a glittery snowflake with a bell. There's no such thing as too much glitter! :lol:

And speaking of glitter...

Here you got some GLITTER! It's huge and sparkly and pretty, will make a perfect "star" to the top of the tree!

This is the hugest and the most sparkly Christmas pickle ever! :lol: It's more of a Christmas cucumber, it wouldn't be hard to spot that from the tree!  :cuke: :lmao:

And because we all love things that are huge and glittery...

This candy cane is a cherry on the top! :lol:

This next ornament got me a bit dazzled. I do admit I felt a bit greedy when I posted this one on the thread when someone was asking of what would be the one ornament we'd like to receive in our boxes.  :blush: Never in a million years did I expect to receive one of these and I don't have words big enough to say thank you for it.  :hug: If you ever need help with any euro items, you know who to jingle!  :P

My little Pinkie Pie, she's absolutely perfect!

If you're thinking that this was a great box, you're wrong. There are still more things to come and make this the best box ever! :green: :green:

There was this beautiful pony ornament, hand made by Emberfly!

And another handmade ornament that made me giggle, I saw this idea of making your own Jack Skellington ornaments just the other day and thought that I should make one. Now I don't need to or if I want to, I have a real life model to take after.   :biggrin:

This next ornament is the final one, and I saved it for last because it was the most special one. I even cried a little when I opened this one. It's another handmade piece and I can't even tell you how touched I am that you included this theme in the box. This movie means so much to me, and to have this ornament to remind me of this awesome swap is beyond words.  :bawl:

Thank you again Emberfly, you really though of everything when putting this box together. :hug: And no, I don't mind at all that there weren't more extras, the box was perfect just the way it was!  :happy:

Oh! And here's a group shot of everything together, for size comparison. I always forget to add the group photo. :lol:

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:52:41 AM by Mirnyj »

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2013, 07:37:43 AM »
Oh wow Mirnyj! What a great box, I LOVE the way you made that BB ornament, Emberfly! Everything looks so festive, congrats! :hug:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2013, 09:22:48 AM »
Both of you got great hauls! ^.^ So many handcrafted goodies.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2013, 09:37:22 AM »

Oh, I know I have seen this movie.  Could you tell me the name of it?  Seeing this picture make me remember that I liked the movie, but it has been so long since I have seen it.

-------

Congrats on all the ornaments and gifts guys!  Everything is so nice!   :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2013, 10:28:45 AM »
I want to say the movie is The Snowman  it is from 1982.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »
Wow, awesome brags while I was out!  Congrats everyone!  I love how so many people are including home made thingies. :)

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
What awesome boxes! I love all the cute handmade stuff!

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »
So many amazing brags since I was last here - massive congrats to everyone who has bragged so far!! :biggrin:
:fox:

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2013, 12:52:07 PM »
I'm glad you liked your box Mirnyj.  I'm shocked and relieved you got it so fast.  I mailed it on the last day to guarrantee before Christmas delivery and was worried it'd get to you on Dec 23 or something.   I mailed it and a parcel to the US on the same day and that one just arrived today, funny thing, the post.

I had fun finding things for you and I happened to have an extra Pinkie Pie from when I bought mine on sale weeks ago so it worked out perfectly.  Sorry about that weird black spot on the Jack ornament, I'm not sure what that's from but it must be on the inside?  I had to glue the top on so it's not like it can be checked.  This'll be a great reason for you to make more. :lol:

I haven't seen The Snowman but since hearing about it from you it's on my 'to watch' list for this Christmas.  Thanks for introducing it to me, I'm looking forward to checking it out. :)
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2013, 02:53:50 PM »
Wow, those are really neat boxes. I like the personal avi ornament you got Sunshine and that Snowman ornament Mirn is beautiful! That is one of my favorite Christmas videos ever even though it makes me cry and no one will watch it with me. Lol

You guys that want to watch it I do believe it's on YouTube.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2013, 04:00:35 PM »
I am so behind!!  >_<  I need to properly look through and comment on all the new brags that have been posted, but in the meantime, I also really need to post my own brag.  Sorry for making you wait so long, Sunshine!

Here is the spread:

All the ornaments:

My favourites:

Fun extras!  I especially like the candle and the festive peppermint Chapstick.  I am wearing it right now. ;)

Well-chosen treats!  I included a small sampling of Sixlets in my own partner's box because I think they're yummy and enjoy sharing them with others.  The Cadbury bar is amazingly delicious, and of course I like the Sour Patch Kids and Nerds.  They're all so Christmassy, too! :)

A Christmas pony!  Mittens is in mint condition and came with the shiny, curly hair you see in the photo:

Thanks again for putting together such a nice box for me, Sunshine. ^.^ Also, thanks to Doedeardarling who made the lovely pony card -- it is beautiful!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:24:36 PM by lochnessmomster »

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal