collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Opening the "white Windy" Pandors's box again!  (Read 1292 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Opening the "white Windy" Pandors's box again!
« on: November 11, 2013, 04:31:00 AM »
I'm thinking of purchasing one off eBay and was wondering what her price point should be?
I was reading past posts about her, about the blue symbols variant, etc. My other question is, if the pony is just faded, wouldn't the symbols be affected too? This might explain the blue symbols on some of them (loss of pink pigment) yet there are those (like this one that I'm eyeing) who have very dark purple symbols.
I would think that the dark symboled version would be the more genuine? What do you all think?
Oh, and the PC... :lol: sometimes everyone gets wraped up in the debate and forgets the price check!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Opening the "white Windy" Pandors's box again!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 07:45:40 AM »
I am going to not give you a PC unfortunately...because I dont believe she exists :P So I would never pay more for her than a poor condition Windy. I dont think she is any different than an all white Bluebelle or grey Seashell its just that her colour leaches in a slightly different way and even the colour difference in her glitter could be explained by a plastic pigment issue or colour perception when the background colour changes.

I shall bump for you and hopefully someone who believes in her can help you out :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 08:05:45 AM »
Ah...she's a fgairytale then? :lol: i just rather like how she looks!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 07:47:14 PM »
Some say she has blue symbols. I've never seen her in person, but I know people swear she exists!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 07:49:42 PM »
Ah...she's a fgairytale then? :lol: i just rather like how she looks!

For me she is, yes :)

However as Mermaid says, others will tell you different. In these cases I guess its best to make individual judgements  and decide if you "believe in the White Windy" :P
Loa is my love god!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 08:17:54 PM »
I already have a white bluebelle...it looks like I have a thing for "the ponies formerly known as purple"!!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 10:23:40 PM »
I've only seen a picture of 1 that I would say passes as a "white windy" and I haven't seen inside her or inspected her in person to see if she's faded
and even then, she's not WHITE like majesty is white
sooooooo IMO it's faded, ran through the dye machine and took less dye, or a combination of both
but IMO no windy was run though the "White" part of the process

that being said, she's worth what someone will pay for her
if I saw one that was very mint AND just made me swoon with "whiteness" I *might* pay a few $$s more than a regular windy, but that's still less than $20, probably less than $15

not sure that's helpful for you, but if you see one you want - as long as YOU are ok with the price and understand that you might lose money if you try to resell, then get her :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 02:35:27 AM »
There was a thread a while back with a 'piebald' windy, part white and part purple, I think people decided she's similar to the white Blue Belles.  So it's a dye issue(either not enough dye, dyeing unevenly, or fading to white because of the dye leaching out fast), but it's much harder to tell which ones really *have* the issue and which are just faded, since Windy fades to an off white anyway.

That's why her symbols are blue; for the symbols to be the right color the pony has to at least start the right color:  blue over lavender would be a blue purple, the opposite of Blue Belle where it's pink over blue to make purple, and why error Blue Belles have pink stars.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 06:02:33 AM »
I also believe "white" Windy is just a factory or area-specific kind of Windy that has weak red pigment dyes. 

I see common ones here in the US and UK that fade to a really pale or dull purple that almost looks white or grey compared an unfaded Windy. But the ones that fade to a creamy white through-and-through with bluish symbols, those I see more in the Scandinavian countries than anywhere else.   That's where I got mine. So I'm kind of the belief that that area received batches of Windy with weak dyes.

Personally, you might have fun buying a mostly-faded Windy for cheap and seeing if you could fade her all the way to white :)   If you're looking for one that's already at that state, maybe check out some overseas auction sites.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Opening the \"white Windy\" Pandors\'s box again!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 09:33:32 AM »
About that area is where the pony I'l thinking of buying is from! I think that's probably an accurate idea...but that just makes her even more interesting! :lol:

Post Merge: November 13, 2013, 09:35:59 AM

Just a thought...if she's whitening like the Bluebells do, are there Starshine's out there with white head/body mismatch?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:35:59 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 01:48:57 PM »
I am going to not give you a PC unfortunately...because I dont believe she exists :P

Ha ha--I've always thought this too:)  I once had a really beautiful "white" Windy.  She was absolutely not Majesty-white but more of a warm white w/ just a touch of lavender.  With Windy I do wonder if some of them were originally made that way by mistake or if they all just changed color over time.  I remember a friend of mine when I was little had Windy and she was a pale but nevertheless definite lavender color.
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 09:25:57 AM »
About that area is where the pony I'l thinking of buying is from! I think that's probably an accurate idea...but that just makes her even more interesting! :lol:

Post Merge: November 13, 2013, 09:35:59 AM

Just a thought...if she's whitening like the Bluebells do, are there Starshine's out there with white head/body mismatch?

Most white ponies seem to have head/body issues unfortunately. Yes, I have seen quite a few Starshines with this problem.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Jemofirongate

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 05:54:48 AM »
I believe in White Windy Because I have her! :biggrin:

Her body is uniformly bright white, proper white like majesty, it is not greyish, like faded lavender ones. Ive taken a peek inside her neck seam and there is no lavender inside. I think I got lucky to get one in very good condition because the poorer the condition the more suspicious they look. I would never buy one if I couldn't see it with my own eyes.

Her symbols are a clear mid blue, they do not have a purplish tinge. They are glittered with blue glitter.

Her eyeliner looks brownish which might hint at a scandinavian connection like NSS Truly and Cupcake, not sure on that.

As to value I really couldn't tell you because I was very lucky to get her for free from a chap at work who gave me a bag of ponies in response to a wanted ad on the noticeboard. She stood  out to me instantly because of the blue symbols and the white body, there was nothing about her that gave me cause for suspicion even though I looked her over again and again!

I need some natural light and to find my regular Windy for some comparison pics but am happy to post if people need more convincing!

Jem :biggrin:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:16:23 AM by Jemofirongate »
Most Wanted! Megans Place Accessories, Please PM me if you want to sell :-)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 08:30:10 AM »
I'd love to see what she looks like, Jem!!

Offline Jemofirongate

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 09:51:59 PM »
I took pics this morning in the natural light but I can't post them at work as they block photobucket which is where I keep them :huh:
Ill have to post when I get home tonight  ;)

Jem
Most Wanted! Megans Place Accessories, Please PM me if you want to sell :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal