collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Would you buy Funko vinyl collectibles of Cloudchaser or Flitter?

So much yes! The colors, cutie marks, and hairstyles are amazing!
21 (28.8%)
Probably, new characters are always good!
13 (17.8%)
Not sure until I see them, or I would only buy one.
5 (6.8%)
No, I don't collect G4 or Funko ponies.
22 (30.1%)
No, not interested in these characters.
12 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Would you buy? Poll #9  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Would you buy? Poll #9
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 06:47:24 AM »
Yes, I absolutely would! I love their pastel colors and their symbols are just too cute ^.^ I love Flitter's bow so if the Funko had a bow it would be a bonus for me :biggrin: The *only* thing I dislike is Cloudchaser's wild looking hair :lol: I would prefer her as a brushable to style her hair myself :)

Hasbro, make these ponies! :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 06:53:29 AM »
I understand you guys love brushables but give funkos a chance :) hey at least they come out with characters besides the mane 6 singles over and over lol (hasbro) I don't care about brushable hair I like to display my ponies not play with them, as a kid I liked my G1 ponies as toys, but as a collector I'm starting to prefer the show accuracy, and I LOVE two sided cutie marks, which all funkos will now have. I just am so disappointed in hasbro recently yes I understand the mane six should be on the shelves for new fans who want to buy them, but kids, parent,s collectors, or bronies aren't going to want to buy 20 pinkie pies unless they are building an army. they should at least release other singles besides the mane 6, at least like 3 different ponies per wave. The more and more time goes on the more fed up I am with hasbro and more welcoming of funkos since they are making what I want these days, with the upcoming releases too makes me love them even more!
Well can I make a suggestion? Why not add a brushable vote option to the poll? To me Funkos are just not my thing, I can't see a use for a solid plastic pony that I can't do much with... unless I cut it up and repose and custom it... in which case I think I'd have a mob of angry Funko fans after me XD

Well I'm trying to mix it up the next couple won't be funko, trying to cover all kinds of ponies, usually ones I hope they make. I'll do a brushable tomorrow :P Although you can say the same about brushables they aren't exactly all that many different poses either like G1, most G4 have all the same pose, all legs on the ground, very few have raise leg (ooooo ahhh... yeah not really that amazing) I think funko is on the right track they are making improvements such as adding symbols to both sides like G1, I think once the mane 6 are out we will start to see more different poses, discord will have a very unique pose if they make him, the princess might as well, not an issue for me at all, I don't mind if they have a leg raised or something, although sitting poses would be cool, or laying down, the molded accurate hair is one of the coolest things about them I think, I'm totally against cutting hair, and you can't make most ponies have the accurate hair without cutting it, so yeah... Plus the fact funkos are made more for teens and adults while brushables are made for kids. Everyone to their own though.

Post Merge: November 09, 2013, 06:54:54 AM

Yes, I absolutely would! I love their pastel colors and their symbols are just too cute ^.^ I love Flitter's bow so if the Funko had a bow it would be a bonus for me :biggrin: The *only* thing I dislike is Cloudchaser's wild looking hair :lol: I would prefer her as a brushable to style her hair myself :)

Hasbro, make these ponies! :P
I think her hair is so unique which makes her special I think it looks awesome, and Flitter would definitely have her bow and would be super cute!!

For Sale Wants

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 06:57:25 AM »
I would buy these two because I love purple and I LOVE pegasi. I collect both Funkos and brushables, and both have their upsides and downsides, to be honest, I would prefer brushable versions of these girls. Long, silky, pastel shades of hair appeal to me more and I would love to put some curls on them myself. I'm not fussed about show accurate hair. The Funko ponies are nice and make interesting display pieces, but I think these two as Funkos wouldn't appeal to me that much if given the choice of brushable or molded.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 06:59:32 AM »
Ummmm...I dont understand what kind of chance I have to give them :P I see them...and I dont necessarily like them. Its all about opinion, not everyone likes everything the same. Some of the things I love about ponies and MLP, other people maybe dont like or dont care about. Thats the nature of collecting. For me Funko exhibit all the same problems that people moan about Hasbro for - "more main 6", "no exciting poses", "poor quality", "exclusives" - and then they have moulded hair which I just dont get :P

And I would point out that if you look at proportions...Funko have released way less characters than Hasbro you cant really claim they have more variety. They are releasing 2 characters at a time - 2 characters every couple of months and they are appealing to a completely different audience than Hasbro can.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 07:04:20 AM »
Good point I think every type of pony made has it's issues, the reason they don't have as many characters yet is because these take a lot longer to make, since they have to get the mold correct, and approved and do a new one every time there are no recolors (like the blindbags) I DON'T like recolors! I don't buy blind bags if the are recolors unless I must have the character like Lyra. In time I think they will start to release more at a time like they did the four basically at the same time with Spitfire and Bon Bon and Lyra and Sweetie Drops, that being said I think once more stores start carrying these the more store exclusives will be released meaning more ponies faster! They nice thing is after a few months the older characters show up in stores like barnes and noble for those who don;t have access to all the stores. i would love more online exclusives like thinkgeek, and amazon!

For Sale Wants

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 07:09:11 AM »
Although you can say the same about brushables they aren't exactly all that many different poses either like G1, most G4 have all the same pose, all legs on the ground, very few have raise leg (ooooo ahhh... yeah not really that amazing) I think funko is on the right track they are making improvements such as adding symbols to both sides like G1, I think once the mane 6 are out we will start to see more different poses
Yeah but I can cut up G4 brushables and not have people down my throat XD

There is another problem with Funkos to me though.. Availability and Price.. Some of them I know about the same at a Brushable in price however if you can't get them locally (which I think for me Hot Topic is the only place that might have them and I despise the mall *grrrr*) then you have to pay the shipping price too... which um yeah I'm not willing to do at this time :P
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 07:14:25 AM »
As to why Aquatic Neon is making all the poles about Funkos and BBs, that's just the part he likes, and I get that. When I make poles, they're about what I'm interested in. That's why I don't make poles about Rapunzel or Mimic--I think they are terrible (and I suspect that the people who like them are terrible people! {no offense to all you terrible people out there!})

As to giving Funkos a chance, I will admit--they look GREAT! But I have more ponies than is reasonable anyway--I'd prefer to limit myself to my favorites, which is the brushables. There are some things that Funko is doing way better than Hasbro--but hair is a must for me when it comes to ponies. So I go with the brushies. I do wish Hasbro would start doing more characters like they were a few years ago, and I wish they would grow a pair and start cranking out crystal ponies!

So, while I wish for both Hasbro AND Funko to release all these characters, so that we can ALL be happy, I'm not going to get the Funkos myself. They're awesome, but I don't have room for them.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 07:24:25 AM »
Don't get me wrong I have so many sizes... and I do like them still but I have too many in fact I still like brushables and fashion styles and blind bags, just not as much anymore due to some issues I'm having with them one thing about fashion styles I don't like is how lazy they are with the variety of characters and the molds, plus if you're paying $15 - $50 for a pony it should have a cutie mark on both sides that's just me. My beef with brushables is the dingles are only mane 6 how many times in a row? Maybe like 5 times? My beef with blind bags is the recolors, and size issues with some like seriously Zecora is not bigger than Celestia. Another issue I have with brushables and FS is the size thing too and the fact Celestia was pink a few times.. really... Brushables do good with the sizes, but FS does not, sorry Celestia is not the same size as Applejack and neither is Luna, the talking sizes are about the right size though comparison, although not that talking Cadence she is too big, sorry I'm rambling I'll stop. :) To end all types need improvements!

For Sale Wants

Offline An-Gel Sakura

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • I'm reading your mind as we speak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »
I would be thrilled with a brushable version of these :)

And that is why I'm having them made. ;)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, 09:45:57 AM »
Hmmmm not really. They're the kind of characters who when I see their names I think 'Who are they and why should I care?', just a little too background and unmemorable for me to buy even to settle my completionist urges. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 11:43:46 AM »
Give me brushables first, then we'll talk Funko :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Poster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 12:47:24 PM »
At the very least I'd have to get Flitter, because dragonflies. :D

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
Maybe, but probably not.  Those two are pretty bland to me.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 02:09:12 PM »
They're cute, and if I collected the Funkos I might.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 02:12:56 PM »
I like Cloudchaser enough that I would splurge for a Funko of her if I didn't think they would release a brushable. Ultimately, I would prefer brushables of both. I loooove love their colour schemes so much.

Then again, I bought my first Funko recently (Lyra) and was pretty disappointed in the quality given the money I spent, so much so that I'm reselling her. Although from what I understand, some Funko waves i.e. Fluttershy/Time Turner were really well made so maybe it was just bad luck. Either way, I'm definitely only to get Funkos of ponies I'm incredibly fond of from now on.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal