collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Would you buy Funko vinyl collectibles of Cloudchaser or Flitter?

So much yes! The colors, cutie marks, and hairstyles are amazing!
21 (28.8%)
Probably, new characters are always good!
13 (17.8%)
Not sure until I see them, or I would only buy one.
5 (6.8%)
No, I don't collect G4 or Funko ponies.
22 (30.1%)
No, not interested in these characters.
12 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Would you buy? Poll #9  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Would you buy? Poll #9
« on: November 09, 2013, 03:15:22 AM »
Poll #9
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sorry today's was bit late, anyone know which two G1 ponies these two remind me of? Think a bit outside the box, take a look at all their character. :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:18:52 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Would you buy? Poll #9
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 03:20:41 AM »
I collect g4's but not the Funko (though I do have a couple). I would be thrilled with a brushable version of these :)

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 03:34:49 AM »
Same as Salli for me!

Kitten Mittens

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 03:55:50 AM »
I would already adore some more ponies not of the mane group but these two oh goodness.
Their designs ooze character, the colours are ideal and on a personal tangent I already have an inexplicable facination with pegasus' that tends to empty my wallet.
This would be perfect to pulse a little more life in to currently wilting G4, and personally I would adore a couple pegs in my favorite flavor of purple.

So yes. Yes I would.
...Am I a little too excited at the idea? Heh oops.

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 03:58:57 AM »
I dunno about the funcos.. but i would love to see these lil ladies as brush ables!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 04:12:21 AM »
I dunno about the funcos.. but i would love to see these lil ladies as brush ables!
Funkos would look so much better though :) would be way to hard to style Cloudchasers hair, plus they do their ponies so well done! Flitter would have her bow even <3 would be so stinking cute not to mention also how epic their glitters will be!!

Post Merge: November 09, 2013, 04:13:53 AM

I would already adore some more ponies not of the mane group but these two oh goodness.
Their designs ooze character, the colours are ideal and on a personal tangent I already have an inexplicable facination with pegasus' that tends to empty my wallet.
This would be perfect to pulse a little more life in to currently wilting G4, and personally I would adore a couple pegs in my favorite flavor of purple.

So yes. Yes I would.
...Am I a little too excited at the idea? Heh oops.
Completely agree love your view on them :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:13:53 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 04:21:28 AM »
I actually like these two as background characters, so I probably would buy toys of them.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 04:40:45 AM »
As others have said, I would love these two as brushables, but I'd pass on the Funkos. As cute as Funko ponies are, they don't really seem like much more than adorable paperweights to me, so I haven't bothered buying any. I like seeing them in stores, but when it comes to actually purchasing a pony, she needs to have brushable hair, no matter what size she is. I guess I don't really care about "show accuracy", since real hair just looks so much prettier to me.

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 04:47:08 AM »
Funkos would look so much better though :) would be way to hard to style Cloudchasers hair, plus they do their ponies so well done! Flitter would have her bow even <3 would be so stinking cute not to mention also how epic their glitters will be!!

I am going with those who have said they would prefer brushables. That's what I collect. I'll concede that Funko does a good job with their ponies, but I'm not into molded hair, and I want to keep  my G4 collection limited to one size. I bought the fashion style crystal Rainbow Dash out of weakness, but I might bet rid of her--she just doesn't go with the rest of them. While the Funko version looked better, brushable hair is just too important! It's not a pony if the hair is molded!

If I could have my wish, I would want a higher quality brushable, but unless it's a brushable, I'm just not getting.

As to styling the hair to look like the show, it can be done well enough with a trim!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 04:50:01 AM »
I collect G4, but not Funkos...

Oh, I'd be interested in them otherwise. :) Very nice pastel color scheme...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 04:55:32 AM »
Yeah I would buy them as brushables, I am not really into Funkos.  I think it is just a nostalgia/'old habits die hard' thing for me since I grew up in the G1 era, so brushables are 'real' ponies for me somehow.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 06:33:56 AM »
I am the same as the others above. Yes as brushables...no as Funkos.

Personally I dont understand the level of fuss over the Funkos a lot of the time. They are not MLP enough for me and are no more exciting in their design than playful ponies. Funko could do so much more and so much better - every pony so far has their feet flat on the floor...Hasbro is showing more variety in poses!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 06:36:45 AM »
As brushables, maybe
Solid hair ponies are no fun in my opinion and I don't collect funko x:

What I don't understand is why most of the polls are blind bag or funko related XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 06:39:29 AM »
I understand you guys love brushables but give funkos a chance :) hey at least they come out with characters besides the mane 6 singles over and over lol (hasbro) I don't care about brushable hair I like to display my ponies not play with them, as a kid I liked my G1 ponies as toys, but as a collector I'm starting to prefer the show accuracy, and I LOVE two sided cutie marks, which all funkos will now have. I just am so disappointed in hasbro recently yes I understand the mane six should be on the shelves for new fans who want to buy them, but kids, parent,s collectors, or bronies aren't going to want to buy 20 pinkie pies unless they are building an army. they should at least release other singles besides the mane 6, at least like 3 different ponies per wave. The more and more time goes on the more fed up I am with hasbro and more welcoming of funkos since they are making what I want these days, with the upcoming releases too makes me love them even more!

Post Merge: November 09, 2013, 06:45:20 AM

They aren't sd_dreamcrystal there has been all different types of polls so far 3 funko, 1 blind bag, 1 blind bag/funko, 2 brushable, 1 brushable/equestria girls, 1 fashion style.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:45:20 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 06:47:12 AM »
I understand you guys love brushables but give funkos a chance :) hey at least they come out with characters besides the mane 6 singles over and over lol (hasbro) I don't care about brushable hair I like to display my ponies not play with them, as a kid I liked my G1 ponies as toys, but as a collector I'm starting to prefer the show accuracy, and I LOVE two sided cutie marks, which all funkos will now have. I just am so disappointed in hasbro recently yes I understand the mane six should be on the shelves for new fans who want to buy them, but kids, parent,s collectors, or bronies aren't going to want to buy 20 pinkie pies unless they are building an army. they should at least release other singles besides the mane 6, at least like 3 different ponies per wave. The more and more time goes on the more fed up I am with hasbro and more welcoming of funkos since they are making what I want these days, with the upcoming releases too makes me love them even more!
To me Funkos are just not my thing, I can't see a use for a solid plastic pony that I can't do much with... unless I cut it up and repose and custom it... in which case I think I'd have a mob of angry Funko fans after me XD -- but again all of this is a matter of opinion
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal